Question About The Swedish/Finnish Tech Tree

Is it a good idea to main sweden for a little bit since i have grinded out the US tree to the sabres?

And how should i go about grinding it so i wont go bankrupt of SL?

Im currently in rank 4 planes there and in rank 2 tanks.

Reason:Patriotism

Thanks.

medal

Sweden ground yes. Good lineups and very interesting vehicles. Sweden ground also has very good variation among vehicles (swedish, brittish, russian and german). Go for sweden air if you want CAS, are a fan of swedish aviation or want to be prepared for the future like the gripen for example (most likely coming this year). However, dont expect to be in the meta when playing sweden air. 

medal

42 minutes ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

Is it a good idea to main sweden for a little bit since i have grinded out the US tree to the sabres?

And how should i go about grinding it so i wont go bankrupt of SL?

Im currently in rank 4 planes there and in rank 2 tanks.

Reason:Patriotism

Thanks.

Yes and no.
Many swedish vehicles (especially planes) are overtiered, have high SL costs and are not the meta. 

Play them, if you like them, if you‘d like to learn how to play better (the hard way) or if you want just want a challenge.

Swedish airforce is more of a problem (especially in rank V and VI) than the ground forces.

medal

19 minutes ago, Adr_Farling said:

Yes and no.
Many swedish vehicles (especially planes) are overtiered, have high SL costs and are not the meta. 

Play them, if you like them, if you‘d like to learn how to play better (the hard way) or if you want just want a challenge.

Swedish airforce is more of a problem (especially in rank V and VI) than the ground forces.

when playing sweden im usually really delicate or soft or whatever with my SL, so basically i try not to spend too much on stuff and repair costs.

btw

will sweden ever get a naval line?

medal

29 minutes ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

when playing sweden im usually really delicate or soft or whatever with my SL, so basically i try not to spend too much on stuff and repair costs.

btw

Well with the rather special swedish vehicles you gonna spend some repair costs until you got used to your vehicle, but yeah playing when having the SL to to so is a good idea.

Also yeah, especially with the addition of Finland, we probably see a swedish naval tree (I mean we literally have torpedo bomber in our tree xD).

medal

34 minutes ago, Adr_Farling said:

Well with the rather special swedish vehicles you gonna spend some repair costs until you got used to your vehicle, but yeah playing when having the SL to to so is a good idea.

Also yeah, especially with the addition of Finland, we probably see a swedish naval tree (I mean we literally have torpedo bomber in our tree xD).

Btw was sweden the first tree you ground out and do u have any more tips?

medal

1 hour ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

btw

It 's possible one might be in the works, based on this datamine find:

However, even if it is it 's not likely to appear until - at minimum - an update after the full French fleet is added.

medal medal

10 hours ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

Btw was sweden the first tree you ground out and do u have any more tips?

Yeah I started as a german main, grinded to 5.7 and switched then to Sweden and grinded it out. Do you need tips for ground forces or for airforces?

medal

1 hour ago, Adr_Farling said:

Yeah I started as a german main, grinded to 5.7 and switched then to Sweden and grinded it out. Do you need tips for ground forces or for airforces?

mostly both, like how did u grind SL and which vehicles do u recommend(both ground and air) and etc

as i earlier said im at 8.3 with US

Edited by R3ivikThePatriot
medal

22 minutes ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

which vehicles do u recommend(both ground and air)

BR 4.3/5.0/5.7 is quite fun, and they have a really awesome 10.0 Lineup (2x leo2A4 and a lot of 40mm IFVs).

Between 5.7 and 10.0 its a mixed bag, 9.0/9.3 are doable, above 10.0 they are lacking CAS planes but have good Tanks/AA and a Helicopter which is okish.

Pyörremyrsky (prem 4.3) is a great SL generator for lower/mid tiers and the CV90105 + Mi-28A combo is a good Hightier alternative too.

SAAB-105OE (prem 8.3) can also be interesting for its 30mm are super effective against air and "light" ground, alternativly you can get Guided Missiles - with the next update it will also gain CustomLoadouts. (I use it up to BR 10.0, best between 8.3 and 9.3).

Edited by Noir89
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

mostly both, like how did u grind SL and which vehicles do u recommend(both ground and air) and etc

For air:

J22s are fun, featuring the best MGs in the game. Their flight performance isn‘t that strong, but its still a decent BnZ‘er.

J21s are pretty overtiered, with their only advantage over enemies being its insane armament.

The A21 is a really good CAS airplane with CCRP, a 600kg bomb and its gun/cannon armament.

B-18/T-18 is great, especially as a grinder. They have 13mm‘s as front armament (T-18 even got 20mm‘s), are incredible fast, while spawning at the normal bomber spawn and they are quite agile. Perfect for bombing and shooting down enemy bombers.

The Bf 109Gs speak for themselves (small hint: they are just excellent.

The J26 is just a Mustang, so good speed, good engine, 50cals with a lot of ammo. However they are modified: they only get 2x50kg bombs, however their wings can withstand a speed of 900km/h, so you can’t rip your wings of, even in a dive.

When you come to jets, use the J21RB, not the other one (other one is worse but more expensive to fly).
Sk60b is a jet made for turnfighting and learning jets (since its a trainer). You just need to learn how to aim the gun (cuz they lack tracers).

Ask me again, if you get jets

medal

21 hours ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

Alright for ground:

2.7 is my first tip. The 40mm bofors are really good at that rank.
Also the Spj and BT-42 are useful on most ranks, so they can bolster your lineups. 

Don‘t try to shoot down aircrafts with the early swedish SPAAs, they are more tank destroyers than SPAAs.

The Ikv 103 is basically the first rat vehicles you get. Its small, fast, has great gun depression and has a modern Heat-fs round with 400mm pen, making viable in basically all BRs except for top tier. 

Next good BR is 4.0/4.3: the Pvkv II and Pvkv m/43 (1946) are great tank destroyers with good mobility, great gun depression and good guns.

The previously mentioned A21-3 makes a great CAS plane.

T-34 and Pz. IVJ are also quite useful.

Later you get to BR 5.0/5.7:

The Strv m/42 DT („Delat Torn“) with really good speed and a 3s mechanical loader.

Comet I and Strv 74 are also very good with good mobility, gun depression and APDS.

T-34-85 is (you guessed it) also nice to have.

The Bf 109G can make for a good CAS plane in that BR.

Lvkv 42 is quite special: its SAPHEI shell can one-shot most things from the sides, but its quite risky especially since its repair cost is a bit high.

Then BR 6.7:

You only get 2 or rather 3 things here: 

The Charioteer (excellent mobility, the gun of the Centurion mk3 (not stabilized though), however bad gun depression and basically no armor)

The Bandkanon. This thing is great and a great pain at the same time: its gun fires 150mm shells every 3 seconds, HE against tanks and HE-VT against airplanes. With the good gun elevation of the Bkan and the HE-VT, you can do SPAA duties (and let me say: slapping planes with 150mm shells is the most satisfying thing on earth). However it has no armour, its top speed is very low, its hp/t ratio is bad, its gun depression is bad and it turret has a very limited firing arc.

And the last thing you could use here is the J21RB: it can go and hunt enemy airplanes or it can try to get kills with its rockets. It isn’t the best CAS plane thouh.

medal

2 hours ago, Adr_Farling said:

Alright for ground:

Also the Spj and BT-42 are useful on most ranks, so they can bolster your lineups. 

Don‘t try to shoot down aircrafts with the early swedish SPAAs, they are more tank destroyers than SPAAs.

The Ikv 103 is basically the first rat vehicles you get. Its small, fast, has great gun depression and has a modern Heat-fs round with 400mm pen, making viable in basically all BRs except for top tier. 

Next good BR is 4.0/4.3: the Pvkv II and Pvkv m/43 (1946) are great tank destroyers with good mobility, great gun depression and good guns.

The Strv m/42 DT („Delat Torn“) with really good speed and a 3s mechanical loader.

Comet I and Strv 74 are also very good with good mobility, gun depression and APDS.

Lvkv 42 is quite special: its SAPHEI shell can one-shot most things from the sides, but its quite risky especially since its repair cost is a bit high.

Then BR 6.7:

The Charioteer (excellent mobility, the gun of the Centurion mk3 (not stabilized though), however bad gun depression and basically no armor)

The Bandkanon. This thing is great and a great pain at the same time: its gun fires 150mm shells every 3 seconds, HE against tanks and HE-VT against airplanes. With the good gun elevation of the Bkan and the HE-VT, you can do SPAA duties (and let me say: slapping planes with 150mm shells is the most satisfying thing on earth). However it has no armour, its top speed is very low, its hp/t ratio is bad, its gun depression is bad and it turret has a very limited firing arc.

And the last thing you could use here is the J21RB: it can go and hunt enemy airplanes or it can try to get kills with its rockets. It isn’t the best CAS plane thouh.

Thank you so much! :D

medal

5 hours ago, Adr_Farling said:

Alright for ground:

Then BR 6.7:

Btw, did u ever grind SL and if u did how did u grind it?

I know the pyörremyrsky is good but are there other ways?

medal

3 hours ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

Thank you so much! :D

No problem o7

9 minutes ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

I know the pyörremyrsky is good but are there other ways?

4.3 ground is quite good for SL grinding. Pyörremysky is ofc better though!

medal

3 hours ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

I mainly play Ground RB, and in that respective you should get at least 1 premium plane and 1 premium plane in the lineup (BR 3.7-5.3 is the most effective range) + premiumtime which can give you ridiculous high earnings.

--> planes on the end of the day make the most silver:

Knr75fn.jpg

Beside that you can do "Boosters" and if you have one - the "Best Squad" Wager, which require at least 2 people, but should be done with a 4 man squad (2 guys tanks / 2 guys air).

Edited by Noir89
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2023 at 15:15, Adr_Farling said:

No problem o7

4.3 ground is quite good for SL grinding. Pyörremysky is ofc better though!

Did u ever go bankrupt of SL?

and

How much SL did u have when u were in the higher tiers of Sweden?

and also im at jets in sweden, have ground out every single plane until jets except the t18 57

thanks

medal

3 minutes ago, R3ivikThePatriot said:

Did u ever go bankrupt of SL?

and

How much SL did u have when u were in the higher tiers of Sweden?

thanks

I did once when I was grinding through BR 7.7 (UDES my beloved)(7.7 is expensive as hell)

Had like 400k most of the times while grinding high tier.

medal

I ground out my Swedish tree using the CV90105 (TML) as it was aback in the day and the J35A. Whilst I have ground out Swedish ground in full i've yet to do so for air. Got the AJ37 and now working my way up the JA37 line. Sweden 10.0 line up of CV90105, Leo2A4, Leo2A4, LvKv9040, J35A, MI28A, Strf9040 BILL is my money maker. Easily make 60k+ SL every good match, which is fairly often than not. CV90105 is also my most played vehicle, so that should give you an indication of how much I enjoy it.

medal medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, WNxDavid990 said:

I ground out my Swedish tree using the CV90105 (TML) as it was aback in the day and the J35A. Whilst I have ground out Swedish ground in full i've yet to do so for air. Got the AJ37 and now working my way up the JA37 line. Sweden 10.0 line up of CV90105, Leo2A4, Leo2A4, LvKv9040, J35A, MI28A, Strf9040 BILL is my money maker. Easily make 60k+ SL every good match, which is fairly often than not. CV90105 is also my most played vehicle, so that should give you an indication of how much I enjoy it.

How do u play the cv90105 tho?

I have it for some boost to gridning but cant figure out how to use it and now my service record has 90 deaths and 15 kills

medal

Well, you don't want to use it as an MBT. Peak over hills and scout or scout through buildings and rocks if you can. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Hope someone disables them and then pop up and take a shot. Whether it's an assist or kill, depends on where you shoot tbh. Always aim for Ammo rack if you know where it is. DM33 is a very good round, even at 9.7, will go through most things if you've aimed correctly.

medal medal medal medal medal