Getting significantly lower FPS with same rendering settings

This has happened in the past but has been fixed in ~24 hours without issue. This however has persisted for going on three weeks. Used to rarely ever drop below 100fps in both ground and air RB, now FPS hovers between 60-80 and drops sometimes to 30-40 if in a "dense" area. I am not too sure where to go with this as my computer runs all my other programs just fine with no changes. CPU stays between 65-75 C and has good utilization in task manager. GPU also operates normally. It is a 1660Ti. 

I am having a similar problem . There are days when I have frame drops of about 10 to 20 frames, and there are days when I don't

note:  I lowered the resolution yesterday to increase FPS , but to my surprise the FPS remained the same .

After some time playing , the FPS normalized

I started playing today and FPS dropped , after a while FPS became normal .

After a while I quit the game and clicked Laucher to restart .

At the beginning again there was a drop in FPS , which after some time became normal

Edited by Cayari
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2023 at 21:13, Cayari said:

I am having a similar problem . There are days when I have frame drops of about 10 to 20 frames, and there are days when I don't

note:  I lowered the resolution yesterday to increase FPS , but to my surprise the FPS remained the same .

After some time playing , the FPS normalized

I started playing today and FPS dropped , after a while FPS became normal .

After a while I quit the game and clicked Laucher to restart .

At the beginning again there was a drop in FPS , which after some time became normal

Try disabling the "SSAA" anti aliasing. That gave me like 40 FPS back. I think something is screwed up with it because I had it on beforehand and never had any issues with it.

Before Apex Predators, I could run the game at Max Movie settings with no issues whatsoever. But now, my fps sporadically drops to 1 FPS and stutters, and appears to return to normalcy for another minute until it happens over and over again without end. It's so bad that my game freezes for 5-10 seconds at a time (regardless of whether I'm running ULQ or Movie settings) and it gets me killed repeatedly. I refuse to play the game until the devs address it. It's apparently been a problem ever since Winds of Change, but I've only started experiencing it since Apex Predators. So frustrating.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

Same issue here... I am experiencing severe FPS drops for the last two to three weeks. I even bought some more ram and overclocked it together with CPU overclock but no dice. It is persistent. Other games now run noticably better then before, not War Thunder though.

medal medal