Sign in to follow this  
SnugglesDHD

Anti Hacking program

there are ways to get around the cleint and to reprogram it to take advantage.

citation-needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271

People keep on bitching about hackers and cheats, if there are so many then why don't you guys post em up? Devs can try em out themselves and tell us if they do squat (doubtful). 

If the server thinks u cant see a plane then it won't even tell your client that the plane is there, so how would a hack make that possible if your client doesn't know?

• Upvote 4

they should really have an IQ test implemented when installing either STEAM or this game or any game that is server based.....i guess yes, he's steam

That would do no good. Banning normal people is contraproductive and banning the dumb people would lead to bankrupt of such systems.

I just dont understand why these nerds want to cheat to win, when all you have to do is pay some money to do the same thing...

1) It's no hack.
2) It's just better lead indicator.
And well, it explains partially why arcade is such (no_fun_no_skill_unplayable_random_mode*).
(Note this won't do any good without mousaim, lol.)

* Reflects my personal opinion without any intent to offend any individuals and/or groups of people.
  • Upvote 1
medal

People keep on bitching about hackers and cheats, if there are so many then why don't you guys post em up? Devs can try em out themselves and tell us if they do squat (doubtful). *2

If the server thinks u cant see a plane then it won't even tell your client that the plane is there, so how would a hack make that possible if your client doesn't know?*1

*1 That's exactly what I was talking about... so to get this straight for you:

Your client knows where every single enemy aircraft is the very moment the game has loaded and the enemy has spawned.

And your client keeps knowing it untill the game is over.

Enemys are even rendered on infinite distance and even through clouds, how would that work if my client wouldn't know?

It's just the spotting-system that marks them for you when you're/they're close enough, while an ESP is going to always mark them.

*2 I don't care if it's 1 every 1000th game or 10 every game, I want to know that everyone's playing the same game.

I don't even care if the cheats are working "properly", as I said, aimbots are very tricky in this game; while ESPs work on all gamemodes with 100% functionality.

I don't intend to defend the way OP has put forth this topic, I intend to bring it on the course it initially should have had...

medal medal medal medal

All it does is look nice, really, it does nothing for you. It looks to be giving an effect on your client-side, but it's doing nothing server-side where the game is hosted.

Those hacks are actually able to show the locations of unspotted planes that are anywhere on the map. This gives someone a serious tactical advantage. Maybe they could do something server-side to prevent this, like not sending the information about that plane until it's within range/spotted.

The aim-assist is just for the noobs that can't aim and doesn't even work properly because the plane has to turn.

medal

but it is the 1 shot from a MG that pisses me off.

Excuse me, but do you even know what you're talking about? .50 cal MGs were designed to kill armored cars, which are far, far more resilient than a human. You shoot a .50 cal bullet into someone's chest, the thing literally blows chunks of meat away. Yes, there's armored glass, but for a gun with 25mm of RHA (German grade armor used on Tiger tanks) penetration at 100m, armored glass means nothing. Pilot has a vest you say (this is what the vitality stat is supposed to simulate)? Laughable.

Now, there's also a crapton of machine gun bullets flying around. Why, just with the standard 6 .50 cal armament, you have 80 bullets coming out a second. Implying that most do 2-3 second bursts, that's 160-240 bullets coming your way. Now half would hit the plane. That still leaves a good chance of getting hit in the canopy. If the bullet hits the pilot, he won't be able to recover. Hit in a non-lethal area? Well pilots cannot fly planes limbless (kinetic energy 34 times higher than a typical 9mm pistol). Or when severely hemorrhaging.

What can we conclude? .50 cal MGs are actually inhumanely deadly. Yes, they lack shrapnel. Yes, they do not amputate within a 1-2m radius. No, they are not supposed to 2-3 shot pilots.

• Upvote 5
medal

citation-needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271

People keep on bitching about hackers and cheats, if there are so many then why don't you guys post em up?

Warthunder Rules IV 4) prohibits such behaviour. :-)
Know thy rules ;-)
medal

Punkbuster looks for injected stuff and altered gamefiles aswell as monitors certain routes that could be used to read local memory / gfx drivers for use in ESP & aimbot hacks.

If you want to go troll someone with technical aspects I tell you the truth now: Hacking warthunder is as easy as any other game, as long as we're not talking about Speed- / Reload- / Recoil- / Invisible- / Teleport- / etc.etc. -Hacks.

ESP and aimbot are nothing but technical knowledge, some time investment, tinkering and some basic mathematic.

ESP and Aimbot are done client side. All of the things in War Thunder from hit registration to maneuvering is all server side. That is why you sometimes get the "hit no damage or spark". 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

*1 That's exactly what I was talking about... so to get this straight for you:
Your client knows where every single enemy aircraft is the very moment the game has loaded and the enemy has spawned.
And your client keeps knowing it untill the game is over.
Enemys are even rendered on infinite distance and even through clouds, how would that work if my client wouldn't know?
It's just the spotting-system that marks them for you when you're/they're close enough, while an ESP is going to always mark them.

And you reverse-engineered the game client so you know for sure, I assume.
If such accusion is truthful, you should report it as a bug at once, so countermeasures can be taken. I am serious about this -- changing the knowledge of the game client only to planes that can be seen should technically be no huge problem. (Except, maybe, heavily increased computational load if the spotting is not computed server-side already.)
medal

Snip

That's all nice you have there but it's moot because that hacking you speak of, is mostly based on client-side game. You see, this WT is based on server side which, hacking is insignificant or almost worthless. 

And you said that ESP and aimbot requires simple mathematics? Have you ever, like, took a I.T or C.S course under programming? Or ever had took discrete mathematics, algorithm-based mathematics, etc? 

Edited by Helezhelm
medal medal medal medal

Smokke go troll and flame somewhere else.

Let me tell you right now so you won't make any more threads about it.

No there are no hacks.

No there won't be any hacks.

If you pilot got shot its your own fault. Just know, not all bullits are tracers, and using stealth well, you really can't say a thing about that.

Actually, there is only 1 hack that can be made. Wallhack right? That you can see enemy's in a box or something like that. Even than, it doesn't matter couse you can see the normal box around your enemy at 5-10km away.

That's all nice you have there but it's moot because that hacking you speak of, is mostly based on client-side game. You see, this WT is based on server side which, hacking is insignificant or almost worthless. 

And you said that ESP and aimbot requires simple mathematics? Have you ever, like, took a I.T or C.S course under programming? Or ever had took discrete mathematics, algorithm-based mathematics, etc?

Spotting can provide significant unfair advantage, therefore "improving it" would create imbalance in the game.

-> Extra spotting - no math required.
-> Improved lead indicator (here called aimbot) - high school math. It's mathematical analysis on university, but that's more only about how that high school math works and why, so it's basically high school math. (18 years old kid should be able to do all this math)
-> discrete mathematics - no use for it here
-> algorithm-based mathematics - Might I ask what is this?
medal

I just dont understand why these nerds want to cheat to win, when all you have to do is pay some money to do the same thing...

Just to prove that they are smarter than anyone else. Childish bragging rights.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I love the pattern here. "Wannabe Ace" (i wrote n00b but the forum changed it to ace..) plays WT thinking he's the reincarnation of the Red Baron, makes rookie mistakes gets shot down. Bubbles, or what's your face OP, in case you weren't aware, the Red Baron was allegedly shot down by an infantryman using a .303 rifle. One shot.

Now, instead of accepting the fact that he isn't superman and he doesn't possess "madz flying skills" he listens to his over-inflated ego and comes on the forum crying "Haxxors shot me down"

Listen kid' do us all a favor and either man up or call it quits. This game is clearly out of your league....

As for the alleged aimbot. Maybe there is one, who knows. Does it work? That is most likely not, regardless what videos you found on youtube about it. Which brings me to what i wanted to say. We have all seen krebs something's video about the WT aimbot he claims it exists. It seems that everybody gives that guy more credibility than he deserves. For all i know, if that thing exists Krebs might be involved in it's design. Wouldn't be the first or the last youtouber that does it.

For those familiar with the game formerly known as WarZ, there was a TwitchTv user by the name of AnAtomic Penguin who claimed he was fighting against cheaters, exposing them live on twitch TV. He had full endorsement and support from that game's devs.

What few know is that while he was fairly legit he always had 2 or 3 people with him that were using cheats and their job was to keep him safe. So i for one give as much credibility on those vids as i would give to the idea that in the near future dinosaurs will roam the earth once more.
  • Upvote 2

ESP and Aimbot are done client side. All of the things in War Thunder from hit registration to maneuvering is all server side. That is why you sometimes get the "hit no damage or spark". 

ESP and Aimbot in any other shooter is clientside aswell, does it make them less of a cheat thereby? Can't see the logic in your post. And hitdetection and maneuvering isn't what I'm talking about here, except for the part where I said that an aimbot in WT only has a hard time BECAUSE of hitdetection and serverlag being so dramatic of an issue.

And you reverse-engineered the game client so you know for sure, I assume.
If such accusion is truthful, you should report it as a bug at once, so countermeasures can be taken. I am serious about this -- changing the knowledge of the game client only to planes that can be seen should technically be no huge problem. (Except, maybe, heavily increased computational load if the spotting is not computed server-side already.)

I don't need to reverse engineer the game client to definitely know what I'm talking about... seems our standard of knowledge on the matter differs alot.

I'm not going to bug report aircraft being rendered on infinite distance, as as of now it's one of the few game features working partially as intended.

Yeah, I'm one of those IT guys myself...

So again, the facts:

Cheats for WT: no big deal.

Cheats for WT: out there and functioning.

Discussing about their usefullness is quite secondary, imho even only ESP is a huge thing in HB & FRB but even if it wasn't... I'd want everyone to play the game I play having to put in the same effort I do (even if that means ruining my eyes searching the sky for little black dots instead of just having red boxes around every enemy).

medal medal medal medal

Slight, and apparently non-functional assistance clientside is not a hack. take your paranoia elsewhere.

The lead indicator on the hacking program is worse than the one in-game. :3

• Upvote 1
medal

"Hacking is not possible in WarThunder"
Incorrect

Some hacks are certainly possible, but they take the form of game modifications on the client. As such, they can only help with certain things. Here are a few off the top of my head which are feasible

1) Aimbot. It's certainly possible, but an auto-aim would actually be dumber than some skilled pilots. It could auto-aim at where the enemy is CURRENTLY going, but it can't do what an experienced player is doing and predict where the enemy is ABOUT to go. It would work a lot better if you could get close to the enemy's tail or a very close deflection shot - but tbh a person could make the kill in that situation

2) Aim ASSIST. Definitely possible, but as above it's only useful for where the enemy is currently going. More useful in HB (which has no lead indicator) than HB which already sort of does this for you

3) Controlling the plane to assist aiming. A hack could theoretically roll the plane to keep the lift vector toward the nearest enemy. This would effectively make it easier for you to aim.

4) Position information. A longer view distance (ie circling enemies at longer ranges than your visibility) would work, assuming the server actually tells you where those planes are when they are outside of range. Similarly an alert if an enemy is behind you, arrows to indicate the position of enemies within a mile etc are all possible. Similarly an alert if an enemy is rapidly closing on your position or is within 2 miles above you, could all help. Again this would work a lot more in HB than Arcade

5) Dodging enemy attacks is possible. Both by using the position of the enemy to automatically perform a manoeuvre they can't follow (eg automatic break turns) and due to the fact that you can "see" bullets before they hit you, a bot could automatically move you out of the way. This wouldn't work in ever circumstance, but for example if the enemy is 1km behind you and shooting, it is possible to manually dodge the bullet stream (I regularly do this when stall fighting). A bot could do it better

So yeah, hacks in WT are certainly possible. All of them would be more assistance than actual insta-kill auto-aim nonsense, but they would give the hacker an unfair advantage.

Invisibility is not possible, nor are speed hacks - your PC is told where an enemy is and your PC draws it, the hacker's client can't fix this. Similarly the server validates the position of players, so teleportation and speed hacks aren't possible.

Note that I'm not saying these all exist currently, but they and other modifications to the client are certainly possible with varying degrees of effort. Some have been attempted but are relatively unsophisticated so far: that's not to say a more sophisticated version won't be created at some point.

Some of them could be detected (ie if the bot was significantly better than a player, it is detectable: if it's not significantly better than a player, why bother?), others could be prevented (ie only giving a client information on enemy positions if they are within his/her visible range). Some of them cannot be reliably detected, however, they could only be guessed at based on behaviour.

• Upvote 5

Really funny thread so far...

"Hue Hue Hue! n00b needs bot to play game pl0x l2p b4 post on mah precioux forumzzZ"

"Bot looks so dumb huehue, can't compete with skilled player, huehue"

So untill the cheats are sophisticated enough to effectively 1shot everything 360noscope knife-1000m-distance etc. the cheats are laughable and not an issue?

That's an intresting mindset...

Comming up with discussing whether cheats are usefull or not really blows my mind.

medal medal medal medal