M1128 "Wolfpack"

Stormwolf7

3 hours ago, Stormwolf7 said:

You almost got me with this one. (I was 2-2 SCR, and I remember hearing "Wolfpack!" in regimental formations.)  But that was 3-2 SCR and this vehicle is just "2-SCR"

Missed me by [...] much.

Lol 1-2 War Eagle here. I remember that Wolfpack call too.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, Orphican said:

Lol 1-2 War Eagle here. I remember that Wolfpack call too.

I was always a whee bit Jealous.
I hated shouting "Cougar!"  (by the time I was close to ETS, post deployment, my platoon was in the [infequent] habit of shouting "Cougar" in an old smoker woman's voice.)

And I remember hearing War Eagles :D *wave*

(It took a while before I could tell with 4th was actually saying  lol)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Stormwolf7 said:

You almost got me with this one. (I was 2-2 SCR, and I remember hearing "Wolfpack!" in regimental formations.)  But that was 3-2 SCR and this vehicle is just "2-SCR"

Missed me by [...] much.

3-2 here. They did still get it wrong. The bumper number is C-42 which would be "Comanche" from 1-2. 3-2 would be either I, K, or L.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

9 hours ago, JustaScotty said:

3-2 here. They did still get it wrong. The bumper number is C-42 which would be "Comanche" from 1-2. 3-2 would be either I, K, or L.

Ha! Yep your right. No way they meant to choose Comanche. Want to bug report it? 

Edited by Orphican

I was HHC in 2-2, I know the line companies had their own mortar teams, but did they have their own direct gun trucks? (The last time I remember dealing with the AT guys, they were the hammerhead trucks and I can't remember whether they were teams or a squadron section like HHC mortars.)

Or would the gun trucks be their own platoon?

Edited by Stormwolf7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Stormwolf7 said:

I was HHC in 2-2, I know the line companies had their own mortar teams, but did they have their own direct gun trucks? (The last time I remember dealing with the AT guys, they were the hammerhead trucks and I can't remember whether they were teams or a squadron section like HHC mortars.)

Or would the gun trucks be their own platoon?

I swear they were part of their own squadron in garrison and got attached as needed in the field. Same thing with our FO's and medics (Fires and RSS) but I feel like that's a choice (lol METT-C) not a necessity. Unfortunately we didn't take the trucks on deployment so I'm not sure how they were integrated down range.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...