Repair cost and teamkilling

Repair cost is super high. Plus when getting teamkilled and having to pay for your own repair cost after someone else shot you down is painful.

I propose the fee the teammate pays when he/she kills you should be used to pay for your repair cost. That way the player who was teamkilled doesn't lose everything. While the player who does team kill gets punished in a more meaningful way. This doesn't address the loss of RP and credits the player who gets teamkilled loses out on due to the negligible actions of another player.

Edited by SirWellingt0n
  • Upvote 7
medal medal

Really?

I think penalty cost for teamkilling is too low.

People feels authorized to fire theyr missiles without being sure that the target is an enemy, at high tier A-10 and Su-25s with all aspects missiles doing massacres of friendly planes.

To not mention those to feel entitled to shoot you if you forget to mark your position on the map.

Edited by Vega_4S
  • Upvote 3

honestly, teamkillers should pay atleast 100% of repair costs,  maybe ewen more. i woudnt ewen mind something like flat big penalty(50k-100k) + repair cost,

free repair and maybe some small flat cost for death for person who got teamkilled.

that would stop ppl on teamkiling in air rb on takeoff, and reduce random missiles to unknown targets.

after all, if u would do that in real life, thats what? courtmarshal?

because atm, theres basicly no penalty apart of kick from the match.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, GolDraG said:

honestly, teamkillers should pay atleast 100% of repair costs,  maybe ewen more. i woudnt ewen mind something like flat big penalty(50k-100k) + repair cost,

free repair and maybe some small flat cost for death for person who got teamkilled.

that would stop ppl on teamkiling in air rb on takeoff, and reduce random missiles to unknown targets.

after all, if u would do that in real life, thats what? courtmarshal?

because atm, theres basicly no penalty apart of kick from the match.

I think the first TK needs to be at 100% of the repair cost of the vehicle destroyed and “given” to the player killed so they are not punished for getting killed. The next one should be a severe punishment if it happens within a short period of time. In SB, accidents do happen.

In real life there would be an investigation while you are grounded. If you're at fault, there would be a trial and then punishment. To prevent them irl, a visual conformation was required before firing AA during Vietnam.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For PK by missile, it's usually clear: Shooter made mistake.

In gunfight, especially on lower and mid tier it's a bit different story as it sometimes happens that you are chasing enemy and try to hit it without being aware that another plane is also doing that. It may lead to situation where both are unaware of each others and either collide or one goes just between another and enemy resulting TK.

Who is responsible if I am in intense fight with enemy, then team mate joins it from bit below when  I cannot see him. Then he drifts just center of my bullet stream when I am shooting at enemy?

medal

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely like this as spawn costs are high. However, to be implemented it would need to be prevented from being used as an exploit to transfer SL between accounts.

Would a limit of 3 total TK spawn repayments per week and 1 between any two accounts work? There is a line to be walked between being in the same lobbies with other players and accidents happening and using it as an exploit.

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2022 at 10:59, Vega_4S said:

Really?

I think penalty cost for teamkilling is too low.

People feels authorized to fire theyr missiles without being sure that the target is an enemy, at high tier A-10 and Su-25s with all aspects missiles doing massacres of friendly planes.

To not mention those to feel entitled to shoot you if you forget to mark your position on the map.

IR missiles can easily track the wrong target by accident.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal