How to fight with american fighters (II era)??

SopliX09

So recently I switched to american planes and I'm currently playing P-39N-0 and from what I've read when playing american fighters you should use BnZ. I tried to play like that multiple times (1.Side climb 2.Dive on the enemy 3.Fly back up and do not get engaged in turn fight) but all my enemies just start turning right when i try to dive and I'm obviously not going into turn fight with better turning planes instead I just go back up and try to attack the same guy for the second time or look for a new target. The problem is it happens every single time and I have no idea how am I supposed to get a kill with that strategy. Do I just count on my luck that once in 5 games I will find a guy that doesn't notice me and I will get an easy kill or what? Would love to get better at BnZ but I currently suck and idk what to do. Please give me some tips

Thanks

Not an expert...in fact i havent't played planes for months...HOWEVER, wheni did the BnZ was STRONGLY dependant on the player capability to hit on the first pass even if the target tried to dodge (within limits). It is obviously easier to hit a non turning target, but the best BnZ players would be also good shots...no real way around it...

Just saw this thread by accident and would like you to give you some advice:

The P39N is way undertiered, u can ez dogfight most of your enemies.

Go to YouTube channel of DEFYN - he had some vids using P39 and P63. And of your main opponents too. 

The main challenge when BnZooming is to predict their evasive maneuvers and to kill them with a deflection shot, it needs practice.

If your aim is good try stealth belts, a lot of people turn away very late, either when you are really close or when they see tracers. 

And of course, also very important is to avoid reversals and/or losing your energy advantage. So yes, first pass kills are your goal, but you need an exit strategy before you attack - considering other enemies in the area, their energy stats - in order to avoid getting baited low for others.

If you are forced to fight japan planes - careful with zoom, as they can ez dodge you diving attack and turn into you, so do not climb too steep to minimize the time you are in their gun range, outside gun range u can go up again. The main prob with zeroes or Ki43s is they can regain the necessary energy to dodge your attack very quick, it takes sometimes ages to push them to the deck in order to drain the energy, you need patience.  

And finally - if you force them to turn and dive you increase your already existing advantage.

See this positive, sooner or later they are low and cannot dive anymore....

P-39 is not exactly a typical BnZ plane.

It is more a jack of all trades.

A low altitude good turning plane with good (but not very good) climb, good speed and somehow lacking weapons (i hate those US 37mm).

BnZ would be something like P-47 and P-51.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal