Raketenjagdpanzer 2 (LFK S-11) almost unplayable due too appearently unhistorical missile performance.

Korporal_Noobs

Recently unlocked the RakJpz 2 and found it to be a very awkward but interesting machine.

In theory that is. As I found out, that it is worse at hull-down combat than any Leopard MBT in the game.

The reason: The Missile will drop about a 1 m or more to the ground, before you are given control of it. If even remotely in the cover of a hill, the missile will hit the ground more often than not. This is even the case with an upward firing angle, as the drop is that prominent, that it is hardly accountable for. The missile being used with WASD also means it is not able to correct itself like mouse-aimed ones do, meaning firing indirectly is also very difficult at any target that is not at least 800 m away.

That is, as far as usage footage goes, incorrect. (4:03 and 5:00 for best footage)

In the clips we see the missile going upward instead of downward, even at quite low angles.

*Also: If someone has a better grasp at how this forum work, please suggest where and how I can post this to reach the right channels.

Suggestion: Remove or heavily modify the first drop.

Edited by Korporal_Noobs
  • Haha 1

• Korporal_Noobs changed the title to Raketenjagdpanzer 2 (LFK S-11) almost unplayable due too appearently unhistorical missile performance.

Just use the gun range setting to make the missile aim upwards. Then you can fire over obstacles and can bring the missile back on course, just like in that video...

medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Korporal_Noobs said:

*Also: If someone has a better grasp at how this forum work, please suggest where and how I can post this to reach the right channels.

Suggestion: Remove or heavily modify the first drop.

Its imho hopeless, they would never allow it to fire from 100% hulldown over hilltops or other obstacles.

(Btw: Its the same with Stinger missiles @Ozelot...they also drop down after firing, which makes it often impossible to shot at low flying stuff....its slamming into the ground^^)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Thodin said:

Its imho hopeless, they would never allow it to fire from 100% hulldown over hilltops or other obstacles.

(Btw: Its the same with Stinger missiles @Ozelot...they also drop down after firing, which makes it often impossible to shot at low flying stuff....its slamming into the ground^^)

Ozelot problem is somewhat fixed already. (Lock the target ==> Aim upwards ==> Fire)

On 25/11/2022 at 00:07, KillaKiwi said:

Just use the gun range setting to make the missile aim upwards. Then you can fire over obstacles and can bring the missile back on course, just like in that video...

Well I tried, but the drop is still so utterly extreme, that even if I aim as high as almost losing the target from my sight it will still explode on the ground. And with WASD controls that is VERY hard to correct if you are not camping on the map edge.

40 minutes ago, Korporal_Noobs said:

Well I tried, but the drop is still so utterly extreme, that even if I aim as high as almost losing the target from my sight it will still explode on the ground. And with WASD controls that is VERY hard to correct if you are not camping on the map edge.

Well, I discoverd your problem: You are playing Arcade. Simple fix: Don't play Arcade.

However I also discovered another fix: Just put the range setting at super long range. In Realistic Battles you just need to put the marker somewhat above your center of aim, while in Arcade you have to put it waaaaaay up.

Rick And Morty Way Up There GIF - Rick And Morty Way Up There - Discover &  Share GIFs

20221126005102_1.jpg.92b30bc1fb222941482

Edited by KillaKiwi

19 hours ago, KillaKiwi said:

Well, I discoverd your problem: You are playing Arcade. Simple fix: Don't play Arcade.

I have literally played Ground Arcade once in the last 5 years.

Which also does not feature WASD controlled missiles anyway, if I remember correctly.

And nothing fixes the fact that I have to use the awful non-sensitivity configurable controls to heavily correct the missile and hit a target that is likely less exposed than I am within 2-3 seconds.

What is the value? The hook? Even with a Wiesel 20 mm at 10.0 playing mid-map feels more productive.

(Oh, and don't apply Test Range experience to the ingame experience. I loved it in the test, even during my first match on a desert map, but in actual gameplay... I guess I could wait for the 3 maps on which it should perform like a mediocre sniper, but that ain't that helpful either.)

Edited by Korporal_Noobs

On 26/11/2022 at 19:55, Korporal_Noobs said:

I have literally played Ground Arcade once in the last 5 years.

Well, then I don't know your problem, because the missile will just fly stright in that direction you aim it and it won't crash down like you describe unless you control the missile.

On 26/11/2022 at 19:55, Korporal_Noobs said:

(Oh, and don't apply Test Range experience to the ingame experience. I loved it in the test, even during my first match on a desert map, but in actual gameplay... I guess I could wait for the 3 maps on which it should perform like a mediocre sniper, but that ain't that helpful either.)

Well, yes, the vehicle, works like it is suppose to be used on maybe 1 every 10 maps or it just forces you to stay in that one position that you can fire from hull down.

So in general it's just better not to take it out. Doesn't really help that it is 7.7 and only makes sense to use, if you put it in a line-up with the Maus or E-100.