How many players can fire the main gun when you're looking through your binoculars?

Duke012Cav

How many players can fire the main gun when you're looking through your Binoculars This first picture is I'm looking through his binoculars and you can see the sabot headed for that Big tree. And the second picture is it switches from his binoculars to his Main gun sights After he fired his main Gun! And all you can see in his main gun sight is a brick wall So can anybody tell here tell me how you can Fire your Main Gun when you're looking throw, you're Binoculars I can't in any of my Tanks. But this guy sure could and here's the pics to prove it.

War Thunder Screenshot 2022.11.23 - 20.27.37.09.png

War Thunder Screenshot 2022.11.23 - 20.40.46.39.png

Edited by Duke012Cav
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Maybe he added additional keybind to binos which is the same as main gun fire button. So as soon as he shoots, view switches from gun to binos and vice versa.

medal medal medal medal medal

It only looks like they fired while in bino view because the replay is slow when switching between camera views. You can test this by switching your view rapidly between binos and gunner sight and viewing the replay. It will not be as sudden as it was in game, but actually a bit slower and the transition is somewhat smoothed.

medal medal

13 hours ago, Zephoid said:

Its been in the game since GF was created. Click to orient your gun, hold your fire button,  then switch back to gunner sights and it fires on target. 

I don't think so every time I've tried that My gun sight moves down it never stays in the same place when I switch back and I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn Let alone an enemy Tank LOL

15 hours ago, KH_Alan said:

Maybe he added additional keybind to binos which is the same as main gun fire button. So as soon as he shoots, view switches from gun to binos and vice versa.

There are no key bindings in the game while you're looking through your binoculars to be able to fire the main gun or the machine gun. It's just like say you're in third person view and you're flying your helicopter you can't shoot your guns or launch your Missiles Right?

38 minutes ago, Duke012Cav said:

I don't think so every time I've tried that My gun sight moves down it never stays in the same place when I switch back and I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn Let alone an enemy Tank LOL

I regularly use binocs to aim, quickly switch to fire and switch back to observe the impact.

39 minutes ago, Duke012Cav said:

There are no key bindings in the game while you're looking through your binoculars to be able to fire the main gun or the machine gun.

You are not shotting from binos view but as soon as you press left mouse button view switches from binos to gunner sight and gun shoots or if you are holding fire as soon as you swithch to gunner/commander view gun shoots.

Here are 2 videos:

1. Holding fire in binos view than switching to gunner (easier to control shots)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ukjdmNcuKA

2. Adding fire view to binos so you shoot from binos and than view switches (not so easy to control shots)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbP1zE4gtHo

Controls screenshots showing you can add additiioonal LMB bind to binos.

3 minutes ago, TheMightySardine said:

Idk, if i hold LMB when in binos,the gun only turns where i am looking. It doesnt switch to gunner view.

But if you keep holding LMB and switch from binos to gunner/commander gun will shoot.

Edited by KH_Alan

4 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

But if you keep holding LMB and switch from binos to gunner/commander gun will shoot.

Ye,but without the lead unless i aim from binos above the tank in distance. Well, it would be OP to just pinpoint tanks like this across map.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, cheezeymunchy said:

It only looks like they fired while in bino view because the replay is slow when switching between camera views. You can test this by switching your view rapidly between binos and gunner sight and viewing the replay. It will not be as sudden as it was in game, but actually a bit slower and the transition is somewhat smoothed.

No, he was in his binocular mode when he pulled the trigger to the main gun Because! I was in his binocular mode and if you notice in this picture, I Slowed the speed of this replay down to X4 And I'm going to go back to the server replay site. Here is My YouTube ad you All can Watch it !

3 hours ago, Duke012Cav said:

There are no key bindings in the game while you're looking through your binoculars to be able to fire the main gun or the machine gun. It's just like say you're in third person view and you're flying your helicopter you can't shoot your guns or launch your Missiles Right?

How do you still not get it?

go to binocs.
click to aim gun. It will even show you a circle where your gun barrel is pointing.
press button to go back to gunner view as you are holding left click. 
gun fires exactly where it was pointed in binocs. 

Yes... there are no keys to fire in binocs. Literally no one is saying there is. You are firing from the gunner view, but using the binocs to point the gun exactly where you want it.

I do it all the time in the hellcat. Because the gun is so close to the top of the tank you can hull down with nothing showing and lob shots at distance using the binocs to aim. You have no view of them, they have no view of you, but your binocs give you the aim and the shot drop accounts for the discrepancy. 

Your video shows literally nothing. Hes doing exactly what i'm saying and is able to fire at targets he has only binoc vision on. 

• Upvote 2
medal

Server replay is the best pull of what happened in a game server side but it's still by no means perfect, especially when it comes to player perspective.

It's just like say you're in third person view and you're flying your helicopter you can't shoot your guns or launch your Missiles Right?

Actually you can fire missiles and guns in 3rd person from Helicopters. It won't be remotely accurate but you can do it.

But the control scheme in-game doesn't really allow for firing through binos, pressing shoot will just swing the turret around to whatever you're pointing at.

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Since reading is hard, this is how you do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS76AlrjYDo
I used arcade settings to show you where i'm aiming vs hit (since switching to gunner view for the shot means you can't see the drop), but in RB it works the same. 

Binocs i can see the target. Gunner view i can't. I can't aim directly at the target. Lobbing shots above the target gives me a fire angle though. 

medal

7 hours ago, TheMightySardine said:

Ye,but without the lead unless i aim from binos above the tank in distance. Well, it would be OP to just pinpoint tanks like this across map.

Of course you need to lead shot but this kind of shooting is used mostly when you are static and against static targets when your gun sight is obscured with something wall/bush.

9 hours ago, Zephoid said:

How do you still not get it?

go to binocs.
click to aim gun. It will even show you a circle where your gun barrel is pointing.
press button to go back to gunner view as you are holding left click. 
gun fires exactly where it was pointed in binocs. 

Yes... there are no keys to fire in binocs. Literally no one is saying there is. You are firing from the gunner view, but using the binocs to point the gun exactly where you want it.

I do it all the time in the hellcat. Because the gun is so close to the top of the tank you can hull down with nothing showing and lob shots at distance using the binocs to aim. You have no view of them, they have no view of you, but your binocs give you the aim and the shot drop accounts for the discrepancy. 

Your video shows literally nothing. Hes doing exactly what i'm saying and is able to fire at targets he has only binoc vision on. 

He Fires his Main Gun Looking throw his binocular if you Cannot see that your Blinder then a Bat! and you Cannot Fire the Main Gun at any targets with binocular vision on! as you call it!

Edited by Duke012Cav
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Duke012Cav said:

He Fires his Main Gun Looking throw his binocular if you Can see that your Blinder then a Bat!

It looks that way in the replay, but as many have said there is some delay between switching views in the replays. I don't know if there is a clearer way to show this but you can try it for yourself:

1. Aim at an enemy while in your binocular view.
  2. Hold left click while aiming at them so that the aiming reticle (two circles, like you see in third person view) is on the enemy.
  3. Press shift to go to gunner view while holdind down left click.
  4. The gun will fire as you transition into gunner view, at the spot you were aiming at.

You can then watch this back after the game in the replay and it should match what you have shown in the video.

medal medal

6 hours ago, Zephoid said:

Since reading is hard, this is how you do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS76AlrjYDo
I used arcade settings to show you where i'm aiming vs hit (since switching to gunner view for the shot means you can't see the drop), but in RB it works the same. 

Binocs i can see the target. Gunner view i can't. I can't aim directly at the target. Lobbing shots above the target gives me a fire angle though. 

This is in Realistic battle mode. I do not play arcade mode version.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

OK I've tried to do this and every time I have tried going from binoculars to main gun Sights my main gun drops It does not stay where I aimed it at! 

Of course, I don't use a PlayStation or Xbox to play War Thunder, I use a PC a keyboard and mouse.

10 minutes ago, Duke012Cav said:

OK I've tried to do this and every time I have tried going from binoculars to main gun Sights my main gun drops It does not stay where I aimed it at! 

Of course, I don't use a PlayStation or Xbox to play War Thunder, I use a PC a keyboard and mouse.

I play on PC with keyboard and mouse and gun doesn't drop when switching from binos to gun sight but you need to manualy calculate elevation for longer ranges to hit the target otherwise your shell will be short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ukjdmNcuKA

I hold LMB, switch to gunner sight and immidiately switch back to binos via my MB4. You can see in 2nd shot I need to manually elevate gun to hit more distant target.

I learned this in AB myself and it's easy to explain. Best to have your range preset or very close (you can adjust/hold for drop also) to where you are shooting. Click where you want it to go with binoc cross, hold, hit b (to go out of binocs into sniper mode) and it shoots, tap B quickly to see where it lands. Practice in AB it becomes easier to understand.

You almost never see youtubers do it. I saw odd do it recently and that's about it.

This is how a Black Prince is a sniper beast, or many other tanks with no zoom.

medal

6 hours ago, Duke012Cav said:

He Fires his Main Gun Looking throw his binocular if you Cannot see that your Blinder then a Bat! and you Cannot Fire the Main Gun at any targets with binocular vision on! as you call it!

YOU CANNOT FIRE FROM BINOCS.

You can fire from gunner view that was aimed from binocs. exactly what i'm doing. Are you a brick? I literally gave you both text and visual description of how you do it.

6 hours ago, Duke012Cav said:

This is in Realistic battle mode. I do not play arcade mode version.

I don't care. Both are EXACTLY the same. Arcade is easier to show whats going on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal