Enemies always targets me

Rzor_

Hello, I am new to the war thunder forums so forgive me if i submitted this in the wrong place.

I've been in war thunder for a while now and I usually play japan. But I have a problem in arcade battles, you see within the first 3 minutes of the battle I would usually not engage and stay at 2,000m (average spawn height) and when I see a lone fighter I would usually engage. However after I down the enemy fighter (which takes like a minute depending on how far he is), there would always be around 1, 2 or even 3 enemy fighters heading towards me. By then I would be downed, is there anyway I could counter this? I would usually disengage before i reach my target when there are other enemies heading towards me, but they would always come in groups. If I attack one, the other gets on my six. Of course my teammates don't always help because they got their own business. I tried following the saying "Let the battle come to you", but my enemies are smart and not engage with me. If they were to, they would be in groups. I know some maneuvers to avoid being shot down such as a split s when someone is up your six, and the hineri-komi, but I do not really know in what situation I should use that. Is it possible to only lure one or engage all of them at once? I usually play the a6m3 mod.22 and lower versions of the zero. Thanks!

Edited by Rzor_

Humans tend to see patterns even if there are none. From your description, I would guess you are seeing a pattern in the chaos of air arcade that just doesn't exist. Look for simpler explainations.

18 minutes ago, Rzor_ said:

is there anyway I could counter this?

Run for your spawn, run for a blue cloud, run for an easier target for them. Or see if they are willing to turnfight. If so, kill them all. You are in the Zero.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I could fly back to base and get my teams to get them, but they would always be around 1-2km above and could quickly boom and zoom me if they see me retreating (I would stay somewhere in the middle of the battlefield because if I go too close to my base, nobody would get me). They would coordinate it too, and they would go one by one when I dodged the first attack, the second lines up his crosshair. I would always end up with a damaged wing if I was lucky. Then the first attacker would finish me off. If I do somehow manage to dodge both attacks, one of them would get their aim on me while I was busy handling the other.

Yes, those are rare occurrences but whenever I do find a lone fighter which is very common, I engage but before I could get the finishing blow, an enemy comes down on me. The minimap doesn't really help me because of the AAA guns are mixed with the enemy making it difficult for me to know if there is one on my six.

When you need this long for a fight, and when you are far away from the other blues and when you are not much higher then the spawn but you can be seen from the spawn (90° field of view, some people will never use C to look around).

And maybe you are even the closest red one for the enemies, because the fight dragged you there.

Others will jump this lonely, bound in a fight target with low energy (speed and altitude) and very often in AB, where goes one, there go more.

A lonely target at spawn altitude is usually a more interesting target then a red and blue clusterfuck further down.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes I may be the closest red to the enemies but, when I notice I'm farther towards the battlefield than my teams (usually around 2km ahead) I would usually do a turn and make my team catch up with me then make another turn. In the midst of the battlefield I would usually go with another team to take an enemy (maybe even 2). Even if the dogfight took no more than half a minute I would always be sure that there is an enemy diving on me (most commonly because by then I would be around 1km in altitude).

Of course it doesn't take colossal effort to dodge it (taking he's going like 400-500kph and can only get a short burst), he would always come climb and gain an extra 500-1km of distance and does another attack run like a boom and zoomer. Even with my maneuverability, his speed doesn't get me to line my shots properly until he's 700m away, by then I would just consider it a waste of ammo. I would usually dodge his fire within 700m do a horizontal loop clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on his position, fire while he pulls back on his stick, take him down and I'm out with another boom and zoomer.  Any dogfight that lasts more than a minute or 2, I could be assured more enemies are behind me. Is there any other way I could minimize the time I deal with an enemy? Like i said, the minimap doesn't help me because it mixes with ground targets.