A rant about the bomber problem and lack of gunner pov

DoesNotExist

Hello all.

I'm not new to sim games, but new to War Thunder sim.

One massive thing that I have noticed that tends to impact my gameplay a lot (I only play fighters) is the fact that bombers (with multiple gunners), specific aircraft (p-61 per example) or some other oddballs are able to look around in third person, which is somewhat unfair and broken if you consider how they can keep eyes on you at all times.

An example would be a p-61 that dives at you, misses all his shots, and instantly switches to his gunner while he's zooming to click at you like if he was playing air RB. 

So, here's the question of the thread.

When is Gaijin even going to render the gunner's Point of view?

It doesn't need to be pretty, hell, just look what they did with the He-111, the cockpit is static and solid, and the only things that moves is Hans (the gunner), your instruments and probably you(IF you play with pilot enabled that is.)

Seriously, coming from other sims, and seeing that War Thunder is almost 10 years old, it surprises me that things still are the way they are.

Yeah totally, agree. I've often thought it was seriosuly unfair that bombers could fly in third person, when the rest of us are stuck in cockpits in sim. Makes it impossible to sneak up on a bomber and extremely difficult, if not impossible to actually get within range to take a bomber out. In a spitfire you have 300m range, max. You cannot get that close without being shredded. 

And from the bombers point of view, I would also love gunner view. I've always struggled with the paralax that comes from trying to get the convergence right on the turrets. Being able to shoot from just the rear guns point of view would be a significant boost to my accuracy. 

Dude, I got triggered to the point of creating this post, an enemy player was capping an objective with a Be-6 for obvious 23mm reasons, I am diving with a Fw190 D12 from almost 90 degrees of his positions and he just proceeded to tilt his plane and shred me to pieces.

Like, It's impossible to sneak on people that have the possibility to play like that. You made your way to 6 thousand meters to have the possibility of diving at people? Fighters don't even realize that you're there until they last few moments. Bombers? They're shooting at you mid dive.

I would understand if the game was early access but like... Wasn't this game released in 2013?

3 hours ago, DoesNotExist said:

When is Gaijin even going to render the gunner's Point of view?

Probably never. This issue has been one of the most talked about since the inception of the Simulator mode yet Gaijin refuses to do anything about it. That's right, this **** has been going on since 2014. Essentially everyone is playing SB while the mouse-gunner is playing RB with 3rd person, mouse-aimed gunners that auto-lock you when you switch to the 3rd person view, and auto-level when in gunner view.

Gaijin doesn't care that it's unfair. Everybody knows that Be-6, Ju-288, B-18 (sweden), P-61, Bf-110 and other were the best Death Stars of the war, am I right?

SB playerbase is tiny, so our concerns are relegated to "if we have nothing else to do, we will work on it".

Only thing I can tell you to do is to not engage people like that from behind; Climb above them, dive for a pass from above and the side/front, and zoom up again. Don't give them the satisfaction of abusing the game.

Edited by LanceLynxx
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, DoesNotExist said:

Dude, I got triggered to the point of creating this post, an enemy player was capping an objective with a Be-6 for obvious 23mm reasons,

Be-6's are absolute xxxxxxxx to shoot down too.. I don't know if it's historical or not but sometimes the amount of punishment they can take borders on ridiculous.

The Ju-288's are annoying too. Ultra fast and perfect 360 degree gunner view.

If they are high enough, you can make a 60-90 degree climb pass and hit them from the belly. It's gun arcs are limited from that angle.

Edited by I_Termx_I
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal