BMPT Strazh: The Ukrainian Terminator

Yontzee

BMPT Strazh Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BMPT Strazh be added to War Thunder?

• Yes
    • No

Lesser_Coat_of_Arms_of_Ukraine2_svg.png.  BMPT Strazh

BMPT_Strazh_01.jpg

The BMPT Strazh on display at the 2017 Arms and Security expo. 

• Basic Description:
    • The BMPT Strazh, or Sentinel, is a modified T-64 that is designed to be an urban fire support vehicle developed by the Zhytomyr Armored Plant. First debuted in 2017 at the Arms and Security expo, the vehicle itself is designed on the chassis of the T-64 main battle tank, featuring the same armor and crew placement, engine, and drivetrain. One note is that the hull is equipped with dynamic protection in the form of Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) which is either the Kontact-1, which can withstand HEAT-shaped charges or Nozh, which is a Ukrainian developed ERA block that can withstand both HEAT-shaped charges and APFSDS-T rounds. It has been noted to have similar, if not better performance to the Soviet Kontact-5 ERA. Rather than use the T-64 turret, the BMPT Strazh features the 'Doublet' combat module which is armed with twin ZTM-2 30mm autocannons which are the Ukrainian version of the 2A42 autocannon. Both cannons can fire simultaneously or independently to save ammunition and continue sustained fire operations. Other equipment is two dual Barrier Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) launchers, for a total of four missiles, capable of firing the R-2 ATGM which can penetrate up to 800mm of RHA behind ERA, a 30mm KBA-117 grenade launcher, and 2x coaxial KT-7.62mm machine guns. Electronic wise, the BMPT Strazh features 3rd-generation thermal imagers and laser rangefinder integrated into the 'Doublet' module through the Tandem-2-2 fire control system. The Gunner utilizes the Tandem-2-2 Electro-optical sight located between the two main guns while the Commander can also operate the main gun from his/her station utilizing an independent display. Currently, the Ukrainian Army nor any other military utilizes the BMPT Strazh and remains in prototype status with trials conducted in 2018.
    • The 'Doublet' module can substitute the R-2 missile for Konkurs-M missiles. 
    • In terms of ammunition, the ZTM-1 (2A72) and ZTM-2 (2A42) utilize the 30x165 cartridge which allows both cannons to use the same ammunition. The Precision Mechanic Plant in Western Ukraine launched serial-production of Soviet 30x165 ammunition including the 3UBR8 Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot round with Tracer (APDS-T) round, 3UBR6 Armor Piercing round with Tracer (AP-T) round, 3UOR6 High-Explosive Incendiary Fragmentation round with Tracer (F-T) and the 3UOF8 High Explosive Incendiary round (HEF-I).
    • Special thanks to @[email protected]!
  • Specifications:
    • Role: Fire Support Vehicle
    • Origin:
      • Ukraine
    • Armament:
      • Primary: 2x ZTM-2 30mm Autocannons
        • Cartridge: 30x165
        • Ammunition:
          • 3UBR8 APDS-T (BP)
          • 3UBR6 AP-T (BT)
          • 3UOR6 HEF-I (OFZ)
          • 3UOF8 F-T (OT)
      • Coaxial: 2x KT-7.62mm Machine Guns
      • Roof-Mounted: KBA-117 30mm Grenade Launcher
      • Tertiary: 2x2 Barrier 212 ATGM Launcher (4x missiles total)
        • Missile:
          • RK-2S Missile
            • Warhead: Tandem-HEAT
            • Caliber: 130mm
            • Range: out to 5km
            • Penetration: at least 800mm of RHA behind ERA.
            • Guidance: Semi-Active Laser
          • RK-2OF
            • Warhead: HE-FRAG
            • Caliber: 130mm
            • Range: out to 5km
            • Penetration: at least 60mm of RHA.
            • Guidance: Semi-Active Laser
    • Dimensions:
      • Length: 6.540m
      • Width: 3.415m
      • Height: 2.580m
      • Weight: 33t
    • Mobility:
      • Engine: 700hp 5TDF Liquid-cooled Diesel Engine 
      • Max Speed: 60km/h
      • Transmission: Manual (7-Forward, 1-Reverse)
      • Suspension: Torsion Bar
  • Crew:
    • Commander
    • Gunner
    • Driver
  • Features:
    • Doublet Module
      • Note: The ZTM-2 autocannons can fire independently to preserve ammunition or sustained fire or can fire simultaneously. 
    • Laser Rangefinder
    • 6x 81mm Smoke Grenade Launchers
    • ESS
    • Entrenching Blade
    • Armor:
      • Nozh ERA
      • Kontact-1 ERA
    • Optics:
      • Gunner/Commander: Thermal Imager
        • Note: The Gunner and Commander share the Electro-optical sight system.
      • Driver: Night Vision Device
  • In-game :
    • A true multi-mission platform, this T-64 variant is highly unique, featuring 4x ATGM's, 30mm grenade launcher, and 2x ZTM-2 30mm autocannons that can absolutely tear apart low flying aircraft, helicopters, light tanks, and heavily armored main battle tanks. Not to mention, it can be equipped with Nozh or Kontact-1 ERA that is capable of stopping heavy munitions.  One drawback is that the 'Doublet' Combat Module has low armor protection. While it is unmanned, the weak armor, especially in urban environments, could be disastrous for the BMPT 'Strazh', especially front Artillery Fragments, HE, or HEAT rounds.
    • Estimated Battle Rating: 10.3.

BMPT_Strazh_02.jpg

BMPT_Strazh_03.jpg

BMPT_Strazh_05.jpg

BMPT_Strazh_06.jpg

Image gallery of the BMPT Strazh.

1147727933_BMPTStrazhSpecifications.jpg.

BMPT Strazh data sheet.

227445955_UkrainiancombatmoduleDuplet_4.

Early-version of the Doublet Combat Module.

1524649973_bmpt-strazh-2-640x427.jpg

HEqvAYp.jpg

87.png

Images of the turret featuring 6x 81mm Smoke Launchers, 4 ATGM's a 30mm grenade launcher, and 2x ZTM-2 autocannons.

u5.jpg

Display of all modules.

57jnwha5zxq61.jpg

Nozh ERA broken down to show its operation.

Video showing the Nozh ERA capabilities.

Video of the "Doublet" module in action. Note: BMP chassis for reference only.

Video showing the new BMPT Strazh.

Edited by Yontzee
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Yontzee changed the title to BMPT Strazh: The Ukrainian Terminator
  • 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

+1, They could start another brach in the Soviet tech tree with these BMPTs, there are plenty of Ukrainian and Russian prototypes.

Nah, doubt any Ukrainian stuff will ever go to Russia after the stuff in the war, it wouldn't be respectful tbh..

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

53 minutes ago, Rambolf said:

Nah, doubt any Ukrainian stuff will ever go to Russia after the stuff in the war, it wouldn't be respectful tbh..

Russia is part of the Soviet tree, it is not a Russian tree.
Had it not been for the war, it wouldn't have been unlikely for Ukrainian vehicles to go to the Soviet tree.

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Rambolf said:

The game is A political, so it doesn’t matter.

Edited by [email protected]
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/11/2022 at 10:04, Rambolf said:

Much as I would prefer it to not be the case, given how East and West Germany are combined in the German tree and PRC and ROC are combined in the Chinese tree I have a feeling that Ukrainian vehicles will probably get stuck in the Russian/Soviet tree if they ever come.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Milocat said:

Much as I would prefer it to not be the case, given how East and West Germany are combined in the German tree and PRC and ROC are combined in the Chinese tree I have a feeling that Ukrainian vehicles will probably get stuck in the Russian/Soviet tree if they ever come.  

I think the fact that Russia and Ukraine are currently at war makes a difference. It's been a long time since China and Taiwan were actively at war. And besides, Gaijin is a Russian company, so I doubt they would add Ukranian vehicles at all.

medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Godvana said:

I think the fact that Russia and Ukraine are currently at war makes a difference. It's been a long time since China and Taiwan were actively at war. And besides, Gaijin is a Russian company, so I doubt they would add Ukranian vehicles at all.

Just cause I company is Russian does not mean it is riddled with anti Ukrainian nationalists, there are normal Russians too.

The only major reason for not adding Ukraine, even in a minor form, is probably just the war.

Even before the war there was a load of people who showed quite a lot of interest in Ukrainian vehicles, as they had a lot of unique stuff on offer. It’d have been a waste not to capitalise on that for a company such a gaijin.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Mahiwew said:

Just cause I company is Russian does not mean it is riddled with anti Ukrainian nationalists, there are normal Russians too.

The only major reason for not adding Ukraine, even in a minor form, is probably just the war.

Even before the war there was a load of people who showed quite a lot of interest in Ukrainian vehicles, as they had a lot of unique stuff on offer. It’d have been a waste not to capitalise on that for a company such a gaijin.

It's not that I don't think Gaijin doesn't want to, it's more the unwanted attention it might bring from Russian government, political pundits, anti-Ukrainian player base and so on. I guess what I'm saying is, it's just not worth any potential drama it might bring for Gaijin, at least not right now.

Edited by Godvana
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Godvana said:

It's not that I don't think Gaijin doesn't want to, it's more the unwanted attention it might bring from Russian government, political pundits, anti-Ukrainian player base and so on. I guess what I'm saying is, it's just not worth any potential drama it might bring for Gaijin, at least not right now.

Yeah I definitely think that Gaijin will sidestep the issue for a long time to come either way.  

That said, the company is no longer based in Russia anymore, they've moved to Hungary (or maybe they always were there and just run by Russians, I don't know for sure), and I believe that when the war started they made an official statement to the effect of "we make games about war but in real life we prefer peace," so they definitely aren't under Putin's thumb or bigtime cheerleaders for his invasion.  Honestly I'm surprised they haven't been attacked more by the Russian government, political pundits, and anti-Ukrainian playerbase you mentioned already.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, HIMARS_Enjoyer said:

You talking about cheaters, that penetrating tanks turret frontal armor with MG`s?

I don't know what you're talking about, I mean the cheaters, obvious cheaters, a level 25 guy killing 15 tanks, a helicopter and even planes with a Chinese premium tank. I basically killed everyone, I tried to surprise the xxxxxxx from behind but obviously you can't surprise a cheater, he knows where you are.

PD: I think Gaijin is being scammed and throwing money away on that useless garbage called "Easy Anti-Cheat." It should be called "Useless Anti-Cheat."

• Confused 1
medal

11 minutes ago, GunBreakSim said:

I don't know what you're talking about, I mean the cheaters, obvious cheaters, a level 25 guy killing 15 tanks, a helicopter and even planes with a Chinese premium tank. I basically killed everyone, I tried to surprise the xxxxxxx from behind but obviously you can't surprise a cheater, he knows where you are.

PD: I think Gaijin is being scammed and throwing money away on that useless garbage called "Easy Anti-Cheat." It should be called "Useless Anti-Cheat."

On old account, that i already lost, i met a cheater, that killed me from 12.7mm machine gun in frontal plate, that can withstand 450mm pen HEAT shell. That what i`m talking about. His barrel and breech was completely broken, so he killed me with his MG. Somehow. 

medal