Server Update 05.08.2022

Type10B_c770e30a2acf81e7a1d00ee4ebac7cd0

• For airborne radar antenna, manual tilt control is available by using the "Radar/IRST tilt control axis" control axis. If the radar antenna has pitch stabilisation it will keep elevation angle relative to the horizon regardless of ownership manoeuvres.

Antenna manual tilt control allows players to search targets above and below without manoeuvres such as climbing or diving.

To use antenna manual tilt control, the "Constant elevation of radar antenna" option must be disabled. Otherwise, the antenna behaviour will be the same as before - the centreline of the scan zone in elevation will have fixed position relative ownership nose.

• Scan zone centreline in azimuth for radars of F-14A, JA37, Mirage 3E, MiG-23M/MF/MLD/MLA, F-4EJ KAI, AH-64D and Ka-52 is controlled by "Horizontal Radar/IRST target cue control axis" axis regardless of "Targets cyclic switching of ground radar" option.
  • For F-14A and JA37 radars in TWS mode, the scan zone centreline always tracks the selected target.
  • For F-14A and JA37 radars in TWS mode if "Targets cyclic switching of ground radar" option is disabled, the target selection cursor is stuck to the selected target as long as it is not moved away by "Horizontal Radar/IRST target cue control axis" or "Vertical Radar/IRST target cue control axis" axes.
  • For F-14A radar switching between two ACM modes: VSL and BST has been moved from "Change radar mode" to "Change radar search mode" command.
  • For F-14A radar in ACM modes (BST and VSL) and in tracking mode TRK it is possible to switch between pulse and pulse doppler modes. This doesn’t change search mode (SRC PD, TWS, SRC PDV, SRC) anymore.
  • Target appearance on radar range-finder indicator has been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to suggest the option to tilt the radar up and down while having the "constant elevation of radar antenna" option enabled.

Its nice to point your nose at something and have the radar point into the same direction but sometimes it would be very nice to be able to just tilt the radar down without having to go into the settings first.

medal

Not gonna lie, it's pretty nice addition and I'm happy with it. But after few games I find it most usefull at the beginning of the game and later i need to go back to opions and enable "Constant elevation for radar antena" since my Viggen have pitch stabilisation for it's radar dish. Can we get an option to turn off stabilisation via keyboard so antena could be in relative position to our plane's nose or hotkey to turn off Constant elevation [...]? I think that it would be nice addition to that system.

Edited by Ushatek
medal medal medal

Hello

Doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

Did the Horizontal Radar/IRST target cue control axis and vertical one in controls some hours ago, and it work then, but now  when i  try it, doens´t work. I also tried  to disable the "Constant elevation of radar antenna" option and try to  manual tilt my radar but nothing happens. I can lock targets just fine, and when TWS  on my  F-14 finds a target, it traks fine, but i cant manual do it. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Overall good change for many radars, but tillting radar should be possible with constant elevation or option to turn off pitch stabilisation. Or just make reseting tilt axis work as making elevation angle go back to possition it would have with constant elevation of radar antena on.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, FFighter9 said:

After this update I can not anymore switch IRST search mode with my MIG-23MF. IRST mode is stuck to wide tracking cone, can not use the narrow tracking cone I always used. Any help for this problem?

I have the exact same problem. its driving me nuts. Cant see the changes in the datamines. Is this a bug?

I got to say that I do dislike the permanent dynamic radar axis selection for the F-14. It takes away a huge ability of quick target selection in a short ranged environment. The workload on the player becomes slowly but surely too large for the environment we are fighting in. If every Map had the larger size, this would not be such a problem, but since the short ranged shotgun style is the meta, there is simply no second to somehow adjust the radar to the target that is 5 seconds away from the minimal launch range.

There has to be a key to switch between these modes. Otherwise I need a dual player cockpit. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'd like to report that after this update, at least on the MiG-23MF, the IRST can no longer lock and track a target without first having to separately target the aircraft using radar in search mode, this has basically made IRST near impossible to use and I can't seem to report this under Bug Reports either as they seem to be locked down for some reason, so I am attempting to get this info out here, if this is in fact a bug, I hope measures can be taken to fix it, as its made it near impossible to realistically use IRST anymore.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...