[Feedback] New Marketplace UI

image (2).png

Be sure to visit the new Marketplace — and you’ll instantly notice numerous helpful changes. Now the goods in the Marketplace are presented as tiles that show the number of items that have been put up for sale. Among the main elements are the prominent “Sell orders” and “Buy orders” buttons that instantly send you to the list of items you’re looking for. You can easily distinguish items by their rarity and value with color-coding on their tiles. You can now hide the list of filters on the right side of the page to see more goods, and the Search bar that was quite difficult to find earlier is now prominently displayed above the item list. An option to display new items first has also been added. Finally, in each item’s card you can see all important information presented in a unified style with smooth animations. 

[Go to the new Marketplace]

If you’ve already checked out the new Marketplace design and want to revert to the old one, press the “Go to old version” button on the left side of the screen.

The old version of the UI is currently enabled by default; the new one will replace it after we improve it based in part on your comments and feedback. So please leave them in this thread: we’ll definitely read them all!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

When you click on an item, why is the information window so small? Why have so much wasted space around it?

Spoiler

sshot-2022-07-28_114424.jpg.9e019e470d22

Edited by rpsgc
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The filter for camouflages is still useless. Selecting historical and semihistorical it tries to give you camos that have both of those conditions combined, of which currently there are none. The camo filters should be coded with "or" argument instead of "and". 

Also, the category name for filters is missing:

image.png.338c960f708d6998d7c077ec532a6b

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

• Forum Moderator

A quick suggestion: 

image.png

• Upvote 3

• Stona changed the title to [Feedback] New Marketplace UI

First look:

Positive:

New design is modern, clean, and the "card" containing also the current market buy or sell situation esp. in your own inventory makes it easier to keep tabs on the situation per item.

At the moment, I think I would use the new one over the old one.

Improvement suggestion:

1. As people before said, TONS of wasted space, esp. with a widescreen monitor.

Spoiler

image.png.3b874751e2b2e9d951bf7de52ce389

2. In the marketplace window, have a marker on items that are in your inventory (similar e.g. maybe to the Ace symbol in the game tech tree) or from you on sale. That way, one doesn't have to constantly check the inventory when you have a ton of inventory and cannot remember every single one.

3a. Have both Buy and Sale quick info on the card, instead of either/or, depending if you are on the Market or the Inventory page. Esp. on the inventory page, it would be super helpful to have both info visible in the card to see the gap between buy and sell offers.
3b (optional, as I only see it as a minor improvement). 3a would also allow merging the buy/sell marketplace window, and instead expand the sorting option to have a "low to high buy offer" & "low to high sale offer" (and vice versa).

4. Buy and Sell Order page would be nice to still have the icon pictures, maybe in front of the entry.

5. Allow the Buy & Sale list on the Buy/Sell Order page to be either in vertical arrangement (like now), or side-by-side arrangement (if people have the monitor space, as it would allow for the lists to be longer).

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by Target1331
Split improvement 3 into a and optional b
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Two more items for improvement:

1. When loading up a specific item, on the old version, you still could see the main window in the back behind. This is no longer the case and with that one important part is missing: Your balance. If I want to make an offer on an item, it is necessary to see your balance to make sure you place the right offer with the available funds. This definitely needs addressing.

2. In line with the notion about wasted space, maybe it is also possible to have a size slider, that changes the size of the cards. That way one can adjust how big/small they want the cards and thereby show more cards in the same sized window. (Workaround currently is to use the built-in browser zoom-in/-out function).

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by Target1331
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes...yes. It looks sooo simple :D

FYwYFckUEAI9whl?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

ofc jk
I logged to marketplace with my XBOX account so it should

Edited by Ayy_LMFAO
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Personally i would like if the filter option wasnt hidden behind a button and was automatically there.

theres not really another way to search through the market so hiding it away doesnt make much sense imo and just makes it take longer to use the market in general.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

More improvement ideas:

1. Add a watchlist/favorites page. Basically, allow marking certain items as favorites that then are on a watchlist in case you want to buy or sell them.

2. When checking the details of an item and then returning to the list, the view starts back at the top. Means if you are scanning a list of items, you then have to scroll down and find again where you left off at the last item you checked in detail.

Not sure if bugged, but the preview function states "Could not contact the game client" despite it running.

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by Target1331
  • Upvote 4

• Suggestion Moderator

I have a few points to bring up that will be separated to avoid confusion (a lot of these issues are present on the old site but I thought I'd bring it up since there's a new site and chances to change things)

For rarity i think it would make more sense to filter it like this:

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Ultra Rare

At the moment it's sorted like this:
Uncommon
Common
Ultra Rare
Rare

The purple for Ultra rare is a bit difficult to read on the background

Camouflage trophy filter I think would make more sense to be in chorological order of when the update happened to make it easier to find new camouflages etc.

Authenticity filter I think would make more sense to go: 

Historical

Semi-historical (also add a space or a dash since according to Webster's dictionary semihistorical isn't a word)

Fictional

Currently it's:

Semihistorical

Historical

Fictional

Country filter it would maybe be nice to see it ordered in the same way its ordered in game.

Make the Filter button more obvious when I first opened the website I wasn't sure what to click until I clicked on Warthunder's and then there's only the subtle icon for the filter menu that appears. I did not notice it at first getting onto the WarThunder side of the market.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

These tiles can be confusing for some people. It is all about inner logic. Keep the list option available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Loving the new UI, but we're missing the ability to sort items alphabetically A-Z and Z-A.

Also, when viewing an item, it'd be really nice if there was an indicator that shows you if you had purchased and/or sold that item, and how many.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Selecting Historical and Semihistorical will retrieve exactly nothing because it tries to find items with both tags. It does not do this with other tags.
  • Having selected a category (for example, "Key") should not let you select sub-categories/filters that will result in 0 results (for example, "Key" + "Rare"). This should make switching between filtered items quicker and overall have less clicking about.
  • Scrolling down a list of items, clicking on one to see its description etc. and then closing the window will scroll the market to the top. This is annoying. A more intuitive solution would be for the view to remain in place after the window has been closed.
  • Overall feels like there is too much unused space. While it's faster to browse a large amount of items, the icons are too small to have any decent idea of what the camouflage looks like, yet individual items are too big for what little information they show.
  • Like 1
medal medal

One thing that I would love to see in the new sight is a marker or a slight background colour on cards showing users what vehicles are premiums and are not. Right now if someone is looking for a grinding a vehicle it would be great to be able to see what vehicles have the premium bonuses.

medal

• Suggestion Moderator

More feedback on the beta marketplace each separated

It seems like every single time you reload the page the order is different which I dont really know why you would want to code it like that. Please have it a set filter sort order so like its not changing every time I refresh the page of if common is above rare or below, etc. the random order goes for EVERYTHING in the filter section.

I would love to see a set order for every section of the filter menu to make it 2nd nature for people to know where the option they are looking for will be.

Make it obvious that the landing page it WT or CRSED not indicating that your not in a particular game marketplace is a bit confusing and would lead to people thinking the list of 14 marketplace boxes is all there is to the market place.

Here's what is is now: (Notice the options on the top with no indication that you need to click on either of them to get to Warthunder's section
pCNVxJL.png

Here's my quick HTML mockup of what I think it would be nice to look like:
(This is a quick mockup just using the chrome HTML editor, I could of made it look better if I saved the page locally and did it on a IDE)

T0IlfaA.png

Like I would know to click on Warthunder like how it is now but a new player may not think about clicking on it right away.

Removal from the Market tank with 0 sell orders I think is a mistake regardless if there is any more coupons left in circulation but not being able to just search them up and look up past prices etc. Is a clean up feature that I think may be a mistake because lets say somebody finds there old account with a coupon and wants to look up past prices to figure out a decent price to list it as so they don't get ripped off and so they don't put it insanely high that nobody would be willing to buy it ever.
Or if they are given out ever again for like Tournament or extremely limited etc.

Things that are not present in beta market because of the 0 sell orders: Arisaka Type 44, He 162 A-1 (Germany), E-100 (Germany), Type 62 (USSR), Ki-94-II (Japan), T18E2 (USA), Excelsior (Great Britain), Bong's P-38J-15 (USA), KV-2 (1940) (USSR)

The website is not that responsive if I make it take up half of my monitor on my 1080p monitor the filter button, my account name, gaijin wallet balance are all hidden and the items on screen do not adjust to fill in the gap.
wiWo9CU.png
But it looks fine on my 1440p monitor when taking up half my monitor

On the note of responsiveness the old site and the new site both are not responsive or change for mobile devices which I think is something that I'm not sure how I haven't noticed until now.

The old site on a emulated Samsung Galaxy A51/71

Spoiler

tYGA4Bq.png

New site emulated on the same phone:

Spoiler

bkcQvJD.png

Look at all that empty space. It seems to just seems to be there is lacking any responsive design built into the website which I think should be something that is talked about before this website goes live.

Edited by Thatz
  • Upvote 2

• Suggestion Moderator

As a whole I love the appearance of the new site, there's just a handful of small nitpicks I would like to bring up.

Left sidebar

Spoiler

The current position of the sidebar just looks really awkward. I am a big fan of how it looks on community.gaijin.net, being large and at the top. I think it would look good if the sidebar was moved to the top and the top left group of buttons (My Orders, My Items, Profile, and Settings) were grouped into one,

3565798a083a8d5e76f6eee9d6c3becb92.png

A rough mockup of what I would suggest the top navigation bar to look like for the Market, based upon the community.gaijin.net navigation bar.

Primary filters and search bar

Spoiler

This is honestly my single biggest gripe with the current form of the site. The buttons are very cluttered and the hierarchy of importance versus location is just nonexistent. 

Home button:

This feels relatively unnecessary as the "Gaijin.net // Market" button could overtake that purpose. The "All Games" button in the tile menu also has a very similar function, although I can see why that should be kept separate.

Buy/Sell orders buttons:

There are a handful of issues I have with these buttons, both from a design and a functionality standpoint. First of all, since the default display on the site is sell orders, it would make more sense to have there be just a single button that toggles between the two rather than two separate buttons. 

Secondly, the priority position of these buttons above the listed games is rather bothersome, as it is a less important button than filtering for a specific game. It is very likely that most people using the Gaijin Market are only there to exchange items for one game, and it would make more sense for the game filter to take priority over something more trivial like the buy/sell orders button.

Third, this button could be limited altogether by just displaying both data points simultaneously, with the Sell price taking priority over the Sell order prices taking priority as that number is much more valuable and meaningful to most people.

Game Listing filter :

As mentioned above, the game filter should take priority over the Buy/Sell orders, so I would make it the first thing to appear on the top left. 

Secondly, rather than have other titles disappear when one is selected, instead keep them there so they are more accessible. Being able to switch between games as if they were "tabs" instead of being separate search filters is a much more smooth way to interact with the buttons. The "All Games" button could be made separate as well for ease of access.

Search Bar:

Just keep it in once place. 

e0fa0121f390ba8aeaf47a20d700c096d8.png

A rough mockup of a re-arranged version of the primary search filters.

Secondary filters

Spoiler

The placement of this filter is not intuitive when the current page setup is considered. In the old Marketplace site, it is fine since all other filters are also placed on the right sidebar. However, since the Game filter is now placed in the top left, the game-specific filter being on the right is no longer intuitive. I would suggest moving it to a dropdown menu between the primary search filters (covered above) and the item listings.

ea37d97ef570ea1db6694e41602f209236.png

A rough mockup of a secondary filters menu placed in a more intuitive location. There is a lot of dead space in this particular example due to a relative lack of search filter options. It also uses the redesigned primary filters mentioned above.

"My Orders" page

Spoiler

There's just a two minor suggestions I would make. First, add a thumbnail for the item on order. Secondly, add the game icon so players can quickly know which game the items are for.

Also, remove the search filter buttons from this page. They aren't needed.

d473796db9447eaf25c00c27050fea2952.png

A rough mockup of a modified orders screen.

"My Items" page

Spoiler

My only suggestion is to have the item cards left-justified when they do not fill a row instead of centered. It looks really strange to have just one or two items sitting in the center at the bottom row.

Item pages

Spoiler

My only suggestion would be to have the item page open as a "popup" over the existing page instead of going to a "separate" focused page which only shows the vehicle. There is a lot of dead space as a result of it. To improve visibility, a thin border could be added around the sides.

005ba4ef8c50cd67ffacd942d6c51a5db4.png

A rough mockup of the "overlaid" item card, added with my existing suggestions from above.

Settings menu

Spoiler

Having two settings buttons seems totally unnecessary. Personally I would keep the one in the dropdown menu to make it consistent with other Gaijin websites. 

da041d4e6980497b9d6d7e49c80ad312e8.png

Game filter interaction with Searches and Buy/Sell Orders

Spoiler

As it currently stands, clicking the "home button" after using filters or the search bar or the buy/sell orders buttons will not actually reset any selections when one such button is pressed again. This sometimes even persists between refreshes. To be clearer, let me write out an example

• Start from a fresh load of the webpage. It should list popular items from all pages
  • Click the "Buy Orders" button. It should list buy orders, by popularity, for all games
  • Click the "War Thunder" search filter. It should now only show War Thunder buy orders.
  • Click the Home button. It should look the same as when you first entered
  • Click the "Buy Orders" button again. It now directly goes to Buy Orders for War Thunder. This is behavior is not desirable. It is not intuitive as returning to the "Home" page visually resets the filters, and clicking only one button (the Buy Orders button) should only be responsible for one parameter change (displaying Buy Orders) and not also changing the game filter.
  • The only way to resolve this is to click the tile menu and click "All Games"

The same issue will also occur when searching terms in the search bar. So, in short, when a user has filters applies but leaves that page, reset the filters when they are used again.

I know there's a lot of suggestions and criticisms here, but I want to be clear that I love the look of the new site. If just one thing had to be fixed, though, it would be the actions of the top left button group and how they are sometimes preserved even after switching to a different page or refreshing.

Edited by kleinerPanzer

Another small improvement: Keep the top where the general info about your GJN balance, the buttons for selecting "My Items" etc. is located fixed. Similar to how you can fix the top row(s) in Excel so that you always have it showing when scrolling down. Right now, one has to scroll back up to see the GJN balance, or when wanting to change to a different view, if they are in a view that has a long list of items shown.

Best regards,

Phil

Feeling:
It saves me a lot of time to display the price of items in the inventory, which is a good change.

Suggestions:
It would be better if there were a button that could choose to display the purchase price or sale price of each item. Or let the purchase price and the sale price be displayed on the item at the same time.

medal

2 hours ago, UwU_Minna said:

The new interface reminds me of the stock market...

Which "The Marketplace" effectively is. Just instead of stock, you are trading coupons for vehicles, decals, decorators, etc.

Best regards,

Phil