Anyone know what PT boat this is?

hypilot

e8wuEOZ.jpg

I came across this pic while trying to learn more about the Chinese navy post WWII. One website claims it’s a Japanese PT boat purchased after WWII and another says it might be one of the Japanese type B (otsu) PT boat surrendered in Taiwan. I thought it might be the T-25 variant of the otsu boats but it looks a bit too big to be it, judging by people on the boat.

medal

• Game Master

I believe it was the surrendered Japanese PT boat, probably a T25 (No.469). It's less likely to be the two PT boat purchased from Mitsubishi, for they look quite different:

232G11134-15.jpg

PT-511 (later reassigned as PT-1) 復讎號 ("Revenge")

232G135P-14.jpg

PT-512 (later reassigned as PT-2) 雪恥號 ("Redeem")

The photo also appears on this page (in translation) as 1 of 6 Japanese boats captured in Taiwan after the Japanese surrender.

After the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, Japan handed over six torpedo boats to the National Navy in Taiwan, including two types of 25-ton and 15-ton types; three of which were 25 tons (Type 469): "Anping" (formerly "No. 530"), "Anning" (formerly "531"), "Ankang" (formerly "532"); there are three 15-ton (538) ships: "Anqing" (formerly "538"), "Anren" (formerly "538") "539"), "Anze" (formerly "540").

The whereabouts of these torpedo boats were later unknown, and there are files showing that the "Anze" boat was decommissioned in 1948. There is no photographic data left except for this one, which was recorded as a "bad boat", but its hull structure could not be a bad boat. , should be one of the six torpedo boats for this purpose.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Monika_in_action said:

I believe it was the surrendered Japanese PT boat, probably a T25 (No.469). It's less likely to be the two PT boat purchased from Mitsubishi, for they look quite different:

232G11134-15.jpg

PT-511 (later reassigned as PT-1) 復讎號 ("Revenge")

232G135P-14.jpg

PT-512 (later reassigned as PT-2) 雪恥號 ("Redeem")

It may be, sadly there aren’t any pics of the T-25 or T-35 that I know of to confirm

24 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

The photo also appears on this page (in translation) as 1 of 6 Japanese boats captured in Taiwan after the Japanese surrender.

I know that’s where I got the photo and some info from. I just wanted to confirm if it really was a T-25 or if anyone had any other answers.

medal