Naval Radar; not all of them lock targets?

dkt0404

I'm new-ish to using naval radar, as well as radar in general. I had the USS Mitscher for awhile now and it was pretty straight forward. See an air target, press the lock on button and shoot it down.

Well I just got the USS Gearing and it's radar doesn't seem to lock onto air targets? Am I doing something wrong using it or does it only locate targets without locking onto them?

I know the P-61C-1's radar does something like that too where it won't lock targets. Unless I'm using that one incorrectly as well xD

Any explanations or help would be appreciated.

P.S.: The Mitscher became a brutal ship with this update by the way when the ability to target the 5" and 3" guns became available. Only ship I've seen so far who's main and aux guns look like AAA when they fire....

46 minutes ago, dkt0404 said:

I'm new-ish to using naval radar, as well as radar in general. I had the USS Mitscher for awhile now and it was pretty straight forward. See an air target, press the lock on button and shoot it down.

Well I just got the USS Gearing and it's radar doesn't seem to lock onto air targets? Am I doing something wrong using it or does it only locate targets without locking onto them?

I know the P-61C-1's radar does something like that too where it won't lock targets. Unless I'm using that one incorrectly as well xD

Any explanations or help would be appreciated.

P.S.: The Mitscher became a brutal ship with this update by the way when the ability to target the 5" and 3" guns became available. Only ship I've seen so far who's main and aux guns look like AAA when they fire....

The Gearing has only search radar.

medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, dkt0404 said:

isn't that nearly pointless in AB?

Guess so? You can just turn it off you know.

Edited by kkang2828
medal medal medal