God Rays/Sun in players eyes in game

• FrankCannon changed the title to God Rays/Sun in players eyes in game

Or they could move the Sun into another positions...if the most gameplay in a map is for example focused in N <---> S directions so they could move the Sun into  E<--->W so u can play with the main annoying lights at your sides.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Sergi089 said:

Or they could move the Sun into another positions...if the most gameplay in a map is for example focused in N <---> S directions so they could move the Sun into  E<--->W so u can play with the main annoying lights at your sides.

The sun's position is automatically determined by the latitude and longitude of the map, as well as the year, day, and time-of-day it's set to. It's not something the devs position manually, not beyond setting those criteria. As it should be.

Those same traits also determine the position of the moon and stars.

Edited by BleedingUranium@live
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

10 hours ago, FrankCannon said:

I feel like this could cause permanent eye damage.

You can fixed them already, through the Post Fx panel.

Go to Options, then check buttons on the bottom -> you might found Post Fx button, which gives you access to panel.

10 hours ago, Miragen said:

Hmm should we fix this entirely unnecessary, annoying and unbalanced aspect of the game that people have been requesting for years and would only take us about 5 minutes to do, or do we pretend we didn't hear anyone? 

Guess we know the answer.

Guess you just didn't checked out your options,...

Edited by Cpt_Bel_V
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is an actual scenario you are faced when in combat...it is random who faces the sun in certain air battles...deal with it!!!

Fixing it in Post FX may be an option...but is not the intention of the game developer

Edited by Oldtimer1955
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

This is an actual scenario you are faced when in combat...it is random who faces the sun in certain air battles...deal with it!!!

Fixing it in Post FX may be an option...but is not the intention of the game developer

You're also faced with actually dying when you are faced in combat, when can we expect that feature?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Miragen said:

Hmm should we fix this entirely unnecessary, annoying and unbalanced aspect of the game that people have been requesting for years and would only take us about 5 minutes to do, or do we pretend we didn't hear anyone? 

Guess we know the answer.

You're forgetting:

Keep Nuclear Sun in regular battles because it doesn't cause an imbalance and "it looks pretty"

also

Force battles to noontime for E-Sports Ready tournament mode so that it doesn't unfairly imbalance the match

:goodsnail:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I know it annoys other people, but truth be told low sun has probably helped me on average more than hurt me in ground RB. Even when I'm on the wrong side, low sun makes for loong, tank hiding shadows. I've got a lot of flank shots from shadows on drivebys that wouldn't have happened on a noontime map.

Yes I know people can mess with their shadows settings, too. But most don't seem to. I think tweaking the ingame PostFX settings really are your answer if this is a problem for you.

In air and naval, the visual effects of a low sun can be gorgeous and have significantly less game impact: if anything naval should do lower sun and twilight settings (along with differing weather) a lot more, since sighting is much less of a problem, and the shell and tracer firing looks so beautiful in that mode.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You can only moderately adjust the nuclear sun with post FX settings, not like it can be eliminated.

Users shouldn't have to try to fix a graphical balance issue on the client side either.

That's like promoting the old ULQ unfairness. 

Edited by r3count
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

26 minutes ago, Miragen said:

There is no reasonable explanation

Ever since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun... (/mrburns)

Look, I don't favour unbalanced games either. The trouble is, when players complain and they take something bad out of one mode, they take the same good thing out of all the other modes at the same time. Naval night time battles were great! Gone. Air battles with lots of clouds were great! Now mostly gone. Losing low sun in those modes now because it annoys ground RB players wouldn't be right either.

Edited by Bruce_R1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

Ever since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun... (/mrburns)

Look, I don't favour unbalanced games either. The trouble is, when players complain and they take something bad out of one mode, they take the same good thing out of all the other modes at the same time. Naval night time battles were great! Gone. Air battles with lots of clouds were great! Now mostly gone. Losing low sun in those modes now because it annoys ground RB players wouldn't be right either.

Or.. maybe Gaijin can stop solving problems with a shotgun and use a scalpel instead so it doesn't affect everything else in the game, instead of nerfing traction for hundreds of vehicles they could just fix the few spots in the map that gets abused, now they made ground forces a pain to get around whilst still failing to solve the problem and now we have tanks drifting over mountains because they refused to deal with the actual issue.

Gaijn can easily just solve the problem for ground forces in about 5 minutes, at any point in the last 7 years or something, or about 735840 opportunities they didn't take.

We can have ground forces without a blinding, unbalanced sun, and we can have air matches with a low sun, and we can have night maps in naval mode. 

I'm not going to consider Gaijin's lacking approach to things when it comes to solving problems. 

• Upvote 2

I kid you not - a few nights ago one of the maps in air RB was so bad I decided to grab my sunglasses and play the game with them on.

It actually worked pretty good.

I have a ultrawide, HDR monitor, and it's super bright just normally.

medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Bruce_R1 said:

It would be right since this is a game and games should place both teams on a level playing field.

What we should be asking for is increasing the frequency of different weather events such as rain and snow.  These change the course of battle but afflict both teams equally.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

No.  You're objectively wrong here.  Players should NOT DEAL WITH IT.   War Thunder is not some kind of realistic battle simulator.  Wars aren't fair.  Battles aren't fair.  Armies never fight fair.   By your same logic we should have intense discrepancies on the teams such as one team enjoying massive numerical and technological advantages because that's a real thing that soldiers had to deal with in combat so just DEAL WITH IT.

Games however are supposed to be fair.  The two teams should have equal opportunity to win and be equally balanced.  That includes fighting on maps that do not stack the deck in one team's favor.

Remember:  War Thunder is a GAME.  War Thunder isn't real.  It is a GAME.  The teams should be equally matched and fight on a level playing field.   These conflicts between equally balanced combatants is something that virtually NEVER happens in reality but should ALWAYS be happening in a GAME.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, GeneralArmchair said:

No.  You're objectively wrong here.  Players should NOT DEAL WITH IT.   War Thunder is not some kind of realistic battle simulator.  Wars aren't fair.  Battles aren't fair.  Armies never fight fair.   By your same logic we should have intense discrepancies on the teams such as one team enjoying massive numerical and technological advantages because that's a real thing that soldiers had to deal with in combat so just DEAL WITH IT.

Games however are supposed to be fair.  The two teams should have equal opportunity to win and be equally balanced.  That includes fighting on maps that do not stack the deck in one team's favor.

Remember:  War Thunder is a GAME.  War Thunder isn't real.  It is a GAME.  The teams should be equally matched and fight on a level playing field.   These conflicts between equally balanced combatants is something that virtually NEVER happens in reality but should ALWAYS be happening in a GAME.

Agreed.

This is an online PVP game that tracks your stats, and costs you resources (silver lions) for dying.

The primary focus of maps should be fairness to both sides.

There are some air RB maps that are really unbalanced and you lose more often than not to the tickets bleeding out while the one or two remaining enemy players camp their field.

The sun should always be to the side, not directly in front of one teams airfield.

medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, DocProfit said:

The sun should always be to the side, not directly in front of one teams airfield.

The thing is that moving the sun isn't trivial.  It's tied into a lot of other factors like how the game simulates the moon and stars given the date and lat/long of the map's location.  The maps could be redesigned so that the team spawn points are north/south, but the easier fix is to just prevent matches from occurring during the time of day where the sun is in one team's eyes.  

The E-sports ready tournament mode uses high noon as the match time, but IMO we really only need to avoid the sunrise/sunset times where the sun is low on the horizon.  At least that would solve the majority of the problems.  I suppose higher suns could still cause issues for some pilots in the air modes, but the dedicated air modes at least have nametags to assist with target identification.  The nuclear sun issue is arguably a lot more significant in ground RB and simulator battles where you need to try to ID targets amidst the glare.

• Upvote 1

For some reason devs seems to favor unfair gameplay.  Theres no discussion a side should start a match with any kind of disadvantage.

I can give you my solution to this and other things...just quit...whenever I feel something is not fair I quit.  Everytime I receive a night battle that I hate I just quit and when they throw like 3 in a row I quit war thunder and play other games.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

what post fx setting has anything to do with the sun? I can't find it.

Edit: never mind I see, and it doesn't help much.

Edited by FrankCannon
medal