VCAC MEPHISTO

Since the Mephisto is coming out from hell, 

I would like to understand what s happening here : 

From what i see , at least 2 missiles were fired at the same time (0.32 mark ) 

From what i hear, 4 missiles were flying from one or multiple Mephisto. 

4 targets seem to have been hit in one volley. 

Could someone confirm this ? 

Edited by The_Countash
medal medal medal medal medal medal

If you slow down the video, the first thing that comes out is a missile, but it's been fired by a second vehicle that's behind the one we see.

You can see that the first missile doesn't disturb the netting on the vehicle we are watching, but the second that is actually fired by this one does.

So four missiles for four vehicles, we can barely see the second one behind due to poor video quality, and the other two are probably behind the camera, but i would seriously doubt that the Mephisto could volley fire.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this out on DevTest yet?  I know DevTest is always a s**t show, but what is the consensus on this little devil?

Thanks!

medal medal

It's 8.3 on the dev server right now, for some reason in the light tank line? It's can't fire on the move and only has HOT-1's. The fire on the move is accurate but it doesn't retract when moving which I'm not sure about. Even in it's current state it would be perfect at 8.3 without HOT-2's.

Hope it's moved to be after the AMX-30 ACRA where it should be.

medal medal

After a quick look at the devserver, this one probably goes straight into the unironically good additions to the French TT, alongside the AML-90 and EBR 1954.

So far on the dev, the two major drawbacks are that it doesn't float, and the gearbox is whack.

The first one is self explanatory, and will probably get fixed for the release, the other one is more annoying and comes from the representation of engines in game, and probably won't be fixed. Binding a key to switch from auto to manual will be necessary to go fast.

A few minor issues are present, such as the driver view being unusable due to the closed armoured panels, and the placement in the tree is odd, it should probably switch places with the SK-105, but the LT/TD distribution in the tree has always been seemingly devoid of logic. Probably won't be an issue for everyone, you don't really get to miss a line in the French TT, tho some people will have to buy the MARS...

Also it doesn't have the HOT 2, but they'll probably come for the release.

The model looks really nice, the windshield wipers are clipping trough the armoured panels, but on the plus side, we have an almost fully working suspension, we're only missing the wheel hubs, and we'd have a fully animated suspension. That's probably the only wheeled vehicle in game to have that luxury, the EBR also has an animated suspension, but it's animated wrongly, so it doesn't count. It's doesn't affect the gameplay, but it's nice to have a vehicle that looks polished.

As for the stuff that would be nice to have, a toggle to retract the launcher at will in order to be less visible, and the ability to also retract the gunner optic for maximum sneak. The PLSS have it, granted it's a commander sight, but there's no reason for it not to work on the VAB, especially considering that the animations are probably already existing regarding how they have a picture with the optics retracted on the devblog. Alternatively, have the launcher and optics retract automatically when moving like the M901, and make it so the armoured panels are opened when the vehicle is moving, driver view is laregely useless, but still nice to have, especially considering it's all set up under the panels.

Also it's far better than the ACRA, despite having half the speed on the missile.

Edited by TenPoundsOfSalt
Aftertought

I was also surprised it was not in the TD line with AMX-10RC and ACRA.  Now I have a conundrum since I have ground out both MBTs lines to the top, but I am only at AMX 13 90 in light tanks and really nowhere on TD line.  I was going to start grinding the AMX 13 90 onward, but now I am worried that Gaijin could move the Mephisto over to the TD line for the live release.  Has that happened with other vehicles before?

One question given the HOT-1 missile...do you see the Mephisto being able to play well above 8.3? I assume it would need the HOT-2 for that to be viable at all.  I would really love to have a vehicle to join my LeClercs and AMX-40 in my top tier lineup.

Also, hope the repair cost comes down a little...bit stiff for a squishy vehicle with no secondary weapons.

Thanks!

Edited by VanguardX2
  • Like 1
medal medal

Did it ever used TOW-2A? Or just TOW-2? Cause if it never used TOW-2A sadly it will be just usable in 8.3 lineup and not even that great given that lot of tanks around that BR have ERA.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Pretty cool looking vehicle, and the chasis/driving model on the Dev was great, maybe the most agile wheeled tank i've played. 

Shame it's a ATGM vehicle tho, with the urban/small map spam you get at high BR's there won't be many chances to really use it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/05/2022 at 02:52, VanguardX2 said:

I was also surprised it was not in the TD line with AMX-10RC and ACRA.  Now I have a conundrum since I have ground out both MBTs lines to the top, but I am only at AMX 13 90 in light tanks and really nowhere on TD line.  I was going to start grinding the AMX 13 90 onward, but now I am worried that Gaijin could move the Mephisto over to the TD line for the live release.  Has that happened with other vehicles before?

One question given the HOT-1 missile...do you see the Mephisto being able to play well above 8.3? I assume it would need the HOT-2 for that to be viable at all.  I would really love to have a vehicle to join my LeClercs and AMX-40 in my top tier lineup.

Also, hope the repair cost comes down a little...bit stiff for a squishy vehicle with no secondary weapons.

Thanks!

I tried making a post on the forums about the MEPHISTO and where it should be in the French Ground Tree, it should be in the TD line but my forum posts about it keep getting deleted.

Spoiler

image.png.3deb3318f2a57d1e3933d646867eb9 image.png.5c0d790f4484f0dbf4e57993504b33

medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, _ShadowFang_ said:

Should the Mephisto have HOT-3? I would imagine it should since it's still currently in service.

It could, but since I don't think we have HOT-3 in game, Gaijin probably didn't bother...

But it would make it more viable for higher tiers, the ACRA would be the ATGM carrier of 8.x, esp if the leaked AMX-10 ACRA is to come...

2 hours ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

It could, but since I don't think we have HOT-3 in game, Gaijin probably didn't bother...

But it would make it more viable for higher tiers, the ACRA would be the ATGM carrier of 8.x, esp if the leaked AMX-10 ACRA is to come...

EC-665 Tiger helis already have HOT-3 in game.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

Well, then I guess they didn't want to send it to 9.0 as it would suffer from the comparison with the Krizanthema...

It has a tandem warhead and higher pen which would make it quite good. However it would lack ECCM.

Edited by _ShadowFang_

22 minutes ago, _ShadowFang_ said:

It has a tandem warhead and higher pen which would make it quite good. However it would lack ECCM.

The Krizanthema is also faster, has a more powerful charge, and a longer range.

Then you also need to take into account that the Krizanthema's launching vehicle is substantially better, with more consistent mobility, better thermals, a radar, and arguably better protection. Only being weaker in top speed that the MEPHISTO will rarely hit due to a botched gearbox, and no survivability due to the 2 crewmember.

I'd like for the HOT-3 to be added, but I expect Gaijin to not do it rather than the opposite.

14 hours ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

The Krizanthema is also faster, has a more powerful charge, and a longer range.

Then you also need to take into account that the Krizanthema's launching vehicle is substantially better, with more consistent mobility, better thermals, a radar, and arguably better protection. Only being weaker in top speed that the MEPHISTO will rarely hit due to a botched gearbox, and no survivability due to the 2 crewmember.

I'd like for the HOT-3 to be added, but I expect Gaijin to not do it rather than the opposite.

The Krizanthema's practical advantages are just a faster missile,better off road ability, and better thermals. The radar is interesting, but not much of an advantage; you'd have to leave the tank decently exposed to utilize it. The MEPHISTO has its own advantages, namely better depression angles and a stabilizer, helpful for shooting then moving to avoid being hit. Both of them suffer the problem of not having ECCM for their missiles. I would argue that the MEPHISTO and Krizanthema have advantages that make them competitively similar if HOT-3s were added to it. The missiles themselves have similar performances with it being slightly in favor of HOT-3s for pen and the Krizanthema moreso for speed.

This has a high chance to instantly to explode when the atgm’s are hit

Edited by glock991