[Question] Custom skins and their interaction with in-game decals

w4tchdoge

So I have a plane for which I would like to use a custom skin for (if specifics are required for help with this, the custom skin is this one from live.warthunder.com), but the in-game camouflage I am using for that plane has in-game decals applied to it and using the custom skin with said decals makes the plane look worse. Is it possible to edit the .blk file provided by the custom skin in such a way that if the custom skin is used, the in-game decals will not be visible but they do not need to be removed from the in-game camouflage? Any help would be greatly appreciated

medal

• Suggestion Moderator

Hello w4tch, as far as I am aware unless the decals are directly applied to the skin you use (the in-game ones) then this is not possible. 

On 14/05/2022 at 12:37, ItssLuBu said:

Hello w4tch, as far as I am aware unless the decals are directly applied to the skin you use (the in-game ones) then this is not possible. 

The decals are applied to the in-game skin I use, they are the nose art decals (eyes, sharkmouths, etc.) the game provides.

medal

• Suggestion Moderator

Could you show me an image of the issue and provide a link to the skin you are using?

5 hours ago, ItssLuBu said:

Could you show me an image of the issue and provide a link to the skin you are using?

The link to the skin:  https://live.warthunder.com/post/1013914/en/

This is what the aircraft looks like with the user-skin disabled and with decals. This  is what the aircraft looks like with the user-skin enabled and with decals. I would like to know if there is anything I can do (such as editing the .blk file of the user-skin) to make it so that the user-skin displays over the decals. Here is an edited image of what I would like the end result to be, as you can see the user-skin is enabled and yet the decals do not display even though they have not been removed from the decals panel in the bottom-right

medal