Jump to content

[Event] Legend of Victory - Discussion


 Share

War Thunder introduces a new type of event to commemorate the victory over Nazi Germany.

 

News: Legend of Victory: IS-2 №321

Rewards:

  • For 1 stage: decal “321”
  • For 2 stages: one of text decals
  • For 3 stages: one of decorations
  • For 4 stages: one of text decals
  • For 5 stages: event tank IS-2 №321
  • For 6 stages: one of decorations

 

The event IS-2 will appear grouped with the normal IS-2 in the Russian ground tech tree.

I wonder if this is the way forward for event vehicles, presumably to lessen the premium vehicle clutter? 

How to:

As with the relatively recently introduced memorial day events, the goal is to achieve a certain amount of mission points within a certain timeframe.

Each stage lasts 48 hours, from 11:00 UTC, starting on the 11th of May, plus half an hour to finish any started games.

 

There are multipliers applied to each stage, with a minimum of rank III. (Event vehicles excluded, that is a lineup using an event vehicle will count, regardless of rank)

 

Example of the first stage (Ground only): 

image.png.b6a39ac688067d78759bcacfd4d873

 

In this case, using a ground AB lineup of rank I-III will require 25000/0,8/0,93=33600 points to achieve the stage.

 

Edit: Based on in-game information, this appears to be a ground only event.

image.png.3f6278e92c1bc143510206831e11d4

 

As confirmed by @Bruce_R1 , if you have any one qualifying vehicle that you drive out in the lineup, the points you get with all the other vehicles in that lineup will count too (ground plus air, I-II event vehicle plus other vehicles, rank III vehicle plus I-IIs). Same as historical events, order of appearance doesn't matter so long as you drove out one qualifying vehicle at some point in the match.

Edited by vEEtEE
  • Like 3
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • vEEtEE changed the title to [Event] Legend of Victory - Discussion

Not gonna fall for Gaijin's bi-monthly sugar pill events So They don't have to fix any real decade-old issues of this game.

Edited by XVLKE
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a new vehicle? Nope.

Is it a premium vehicle? Nope.

Is it tradeable on the Meerkat? Nope.

Is qpranger going to bother grinding it? Nope.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it is 105 000rp (5x20800rp RB rank VII) to 168 000rp (5x33600rp AB rank I-III) or 3495ge (5x699ge) to unlock a gift vehicle that is 82 000rp in tech tree?

I think I'll skip this one.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Polaventris said:

So it is 105 000rp (5x20800rp RB rank VII) to 168 000rp (5x33600rp AB rank I-III) or 3495ge (5x699ge) to unlock a gift vehicle that is 82 000rp in tech tree?

I think I'll skip this one.

Its just mission score its not RP

still is a lot of mission score tho

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KilianL said:

Its just mission score its not RP

still is a lot of mission score tho

Thanks for the clarification!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chomusuke1 said:

Is it a coupon?

Can it be activated for use on the German side instead of the soviets?

 

No to both. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, qpranger said:

Is it a new vehicle? Nope.

Is it a premium vehicle? Nope.

Is it tradeable on the Meerkat? Nope.

Is qpranger going to bother grinding it? Nope.

That is the cool thing, you don't have to grind something special, you just play and receive it (if you play min. Rank III that is or event vehicle)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ens_Reefen_Ronny said:

That is the cool thing, you don't have to grind something special, you just play and receive it (if you play min. Rank III that is or event vehicle)

And are ready for the number of games required (kinda the definition of a grind).

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for providing a bit more details in this post as to what is described in-game vs. Announcements (such as rank I-III having a reduction modifier). Given this and that game modes are restricted in certain stages (stage 1 is ground only), I’ll pass on this one. 
 

I do like these styles of events (without the restrictions of course), and can’t really complain about a vehicle that is optional to grind or not. 
I guess good job on the event, too much specifics and grinding for me. 

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ens_Reefen_Ronny said:

That is the cool thing, you don't have to grind something special, you just play and receive it (if you play min. Rank III that is or event vehicle)

No, the achievement score requirements exceed my current daily gameplay volume. I am always prepared to play more when there is something to play for: the vehicle is new and/or premium or at least comes as a coupon that I can sell. But here is nothing to encourage playing more, absolutely nothing. And to add insult to injury, Gaijin have unnecessarily increased the IS-2 battle ratings, at least in Arcade where I play, making these tanks utterly underwhelming.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm, did anyone finished this day task yet, because I did and got nothing? did I missing something here or it is an issue, the mission score already 25000/25000, but the star greyed out and I know if a task is finished it should be gold star, got no 321 decal, no notification whatsoever just like the task was never existed, it would be nice not to lose my 2 and half hour of playing time over a broken event.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mbokmu said:

Umm, did anyone finished this day task yet, because I did and got nothing? did I missing something here or it is an issue, the mission score already 25000/25000, but the star greyed out and I know if a task is finished it should be gold star, got no 321 decal, no notification whatsoever just like the task was never existed, it would be nice not to lose my 2 and half hour of playing time over a broken event.

Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

 

It may unironically do the trick :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, SPENNYWISE said:

Thank you for providing a bit more details in this post as to what is described in-game vs. Announcements (such as rank I-III having a reduction modifier). Given this and that game modes are restricted in certain stages (stage 1 is ground only), I’ll pass on this one. 
 

I do like these styles of events (without the restrictions of course), and can’t really complain about a vehicle that is optional to grind or not. 
I guess good job on the event, too much specifics and grinding for me. 

given that it is a ground vehicle, it would make sense if all of the stages are ground only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KilianL said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

 

It may unironically do the trick :good:

Funny you said that I tried relog three times still with nothing, restart my computer since i just install a program anyway, relog and it pops out, i guess the old reliable turning it off and on is doing it :laugh:

  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Mbokmu said:

Umm, did anyone finished this day task yet, because I did and got nothing? did I missing something here or it is an issue, the mission score already 25000/25000, but the star greyed out and I know if a task is finished it should be gold star, got no 321 decal, no notification whatsoever just like the task was never existed, it would be nice not to lose my 2 and half hour of playing time over a broken event.

 

Going into another match should give you the star if it says 25000/25000. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, qpranger said:

No, the achievement score requirements exceed my current daily gameplay volume. I am always prepared to play more when there is something to play for: the vehicle is new and/or premium or at least comes as a coupon that I can sell. But here is nothing to encourage playing more, absolutely nothing. And to add insult to injury, Gaijin have unnecessarily increased the IS-2 battle ratings, at least in Arcade where I play, making these tanks utterly underwhelming.

Too bad for you i guess, i like this event, but to each their own

1 hour ago, vEEtEE said:

And are ready for the number of games required (kinda the definition of a grind).

Well depending on the player of course, i won't need more than 2 hours per day for the points, and considering you have 48 hours in total for 25K points, i don't see a grind there, i just play what i want to play, and get the IS-2 .

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I didn't notice those modifiers

 

"Play Rank V+ RB to efficiently grind a Rank IV non-prem event vehicle"

y tho?

 

It's not like the IS-2 Mod.44 is a particularly fun vehicle to play either

 

 

 

edit: it's probably a testing of the waters like the furry tiger 

Edited by llSolitairell@psn
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other interesting question on this one was, how does putting an event vehicle like this foldered in the tech tree, as this article implies, work?

Specifically, if that is the case, does that mean if you have this tank, and the other necessary rank IVs, is research now opened up on the IS-3 by getting this version? And if so are we going to see more vehicles that are in the non-premium section of the research page (the "tech tree"), but hidden if you don't have it after the event is over? I don't think we've seen a "hidden foldered" vehicle before this.

 

Given that Legends of Victory #1 is a ground offering, and is ground-only for earning points, it'll also be interesting to see if they keep the trend and Legends of Victory #2, etc. are going to be planes or ship events that are likewise limited only to points gained in their own environment.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playtesting confirms if you have any one qualifying vehicle that you drive out in the lineup, the points you get with all the other vehicles in that lineup will count too (ground plus air, I-II event vehicle plus other vehicles, rank III vehicle plus I-IIs). Same as historical events, order of appearance doesn't matter so long as you drove out one qualifying vehicle at some point in the match.

  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well..i did the 1st stage today and take me 12 matchs.
I was playing tier 3, with 4.7 BR Japan. So i was doing this thing in the lower multiplier possible (because i dont care and i just play for fun XDDDD arcade too). Maybe a good player can do this 25k points in arcade playing tier 6-7 with extra positive multiplier.  And a bad/regular player maybe is going to need 20-30 matchs to reach the score +/-
I was doing aprox 1.5k points in the bad matchs and almost 2.5/3k points usually to keep going fast.
In arcade i guess the best u can do is playing with a tank with good reload speed or a good armor to farm points(like the jumbo) and the msot important catch the bombers and use a lot of bombs,many times u can so u can get easy and fast asis and kills = extra more points.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...