[2.15.1.99] Sho't Kal Dalet incorrect transmission/number of forward gears

# Game version

My game version: (2.15.1.99)

# Description

Update 2.15.0.13 introduced a new historically accurate transmission gearing for all tanks using the Allison CD850 transmission (i.e.  M60, M60A1 (all), M60A2, M60A3 (TTS) (all), Magach 3 (US), CM-11, Strv 104, Magach 6, Magach 6 Alef, Magach 6 Bet). It changed the transmission from 5 forward gears to 6, improving the ability to accelerate. However, the Sho't Kal Dalet premium in the British Tree was not updated with this new transmission gearing, despite using the exact same transmission and engine. In the major update 'Winds of Change', the changelog showed those other M60 engine/transmission based tanks got the update transmission gear number (increased forward gears from five to six), but not the Sho't Kal Dalet. Thus the Sho't Kal Dalet has much worse mobility than it should as its transmission is incorrect (wrong number of gears and wrong gear ratios).

I think the Sho't Kal Dalet's transmission gearing was simply overlooked/forgotten about when releasing this fix for all other Allison CD850 transmission tanks, which is understandable given the scale of the game. Even the Strv 104, which is a Swedish upgrade of Centurions with the M60 engine and transmission (exactly like with the Sho't Kal Dalet) has been updated with the correct gearing ratio for the transmission (six forward gears), so it seems this fix should be doable for the Sho't Kal Dalet, as the transmission/gear values would simply have to be copy pasted over from the Strv 104. Please update the Sho't Kal Dalet to have it's historically correct transmission, as was done with the other Allison CD850 transmissions in the game.

# Steps to reproduce the issue

1. Look at the Sho't Kal Dalet in the Hangar with X-Ray view to check the transmission to see the number of gears (you will see five forward gears)

2. Compare to the number of gears on the transmission of the M60, or any other tank with the Allison CD850 transmission (e.g. Strv 104). You will see six forward gears.

# Additional Information

# Affected vehicles

• Sho't Kal Dalet (Britain)

# Files

• Screenshot showing the incorrect number of gears on the Sho't Kal Dalet (five forward gears)
  • Spoiler

2139709528_shot2022_05_0922_50_35.jpg.96

• Screenshot showing the newly updated correct number of gears on the M60 (six forward gears)
  • Spoiler

570941280_shot2022_05_0922_50_25.jpg.311

# Sources

Primary Sources:

I'm just going to cite the sources that were listed and used by the dev team when they corrected the transmission gearing for the other Allison CD850 transmission tanks. Obviously the team already has access to these documents, but I'm attaching online viewable links of the sources for easy reference.

Secondary sources:

Basically just sources re-affirming what the Dev team already knows: that the Sho't Kal Dalet uses the same engine and transmission as the M60 tanks.

Edited by Dirtbag_Jim
removed faulty link
medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Thank you for your interest in improving the game! Your report has been forwarded. :salute:

• Thanks 1

• Stuhlfleisch changed the title to [2.15.1.99] Sho't Kal Dalet incorrect transmission/number of forward gears