Jump to content

Why are Italian helicopters so damn bad


ItsOxide
 Share

Who thought it would be a good idea to have a helicopter with 14 rockets at 8.0? This thing seriously sucks especially at its br. Can we get a new starting helicopter because it's literally impossible to grind with as it's basically impossible to kill **** with and even more useless in the helicopter's game mode, which I played for an hour and got 1.5krp... I get it's fast and survivable but I think anyone who plays Italy would rather this **** get thrown out and replaced with something actually worth using. 

image.png.0192d217640245149b3f6839b55850

BlueBeta (Posted )

moved to Italy/Airplanes/ discussion
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it struggles big time. Back when the rocket aiming reticle actually did anything for a heli without a ballistic computer, it could kill a tank or two. Now you need to waste rockets to get targeting down. I said screw it and got the A-129 International, which at 9.7 was amazing, now 10.0 and still very good for me. But having something for a better starter would be ideal.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Voodoo__Ranger said:

Yes, it struggles big time. Back when the rocket aiming reticle actually did anything for a heli without a ballistic computer, it could kill a tank or two. Now you need to waste rockets to get targeting down. I said screw it and got the A-129 International, which at 9.7 was amazing, now 10.0 and still very good for me. But having something for a better starter would be ideal.

Glad ur enjoying the heli they removed for.... wait why did they remove it again? I'm so happy they removed the ONLY premium helicopter from Italy, leaving us newer Italian players with a piece of **** helicopter that NEEDS to be replaced. why hasn't gaijin actually done something about this? I'm guessing they don't care cuz Italy is just a minor nation

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think thats bad, try the Swedish one! ATGM only, no gun, and rockets take approx 30 seconds to travel 6000ft (max range), and don't reliably kill anything but light targets.

 

At least we have a helo now xD

  • Upvote 2
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, KickAshFireman said:

Think thats bad, try the Swedish one! ATGM only, no gun, and rockets take approx 30 seconds to travel 6000ft (max range), and don't reliably kill anything but light targets.

 

At least we have a helo now xD

id rather have xxxx atgms than that garbo ab205

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least it has miniguns though. A slim chance at defending against jets, other helos, or wire guided missiles. Although I also cant blame you for hating the dumbfire rockets either, I cant get a kill with those things to save my life.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Senior Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, ItsOxide said:

Who thought it would be a good idea to have a helicopter with 14 rockets at 8.0? This thing seriously sucks especially at its br. Can we get a new starting helicopter because it's literally impossible to grind with as it's basically impossible to kill **** with and even more useless in the helicopter's game mode, which I played for an hour and got 1.5krp... I get it's fast and survivable but I think anyone who plays Italy would rather this **** get thrown out and replaced with something actually worth using. 

image.png.0192d217640245149b3f6839b55850

USA have the same starter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Voodoo__Ranger said:

Yes, it struggles big time. Back when the rocket aiming reticle actually did anything for a heli without a ballistic computer, it could kill a tank or two. Now you need to waste rockets to get targeting down. I said screw it and got the A-129 International, which at 9.7 was amazing, now 10.0 and still very good for me. But having something for a better starter would be ideal.

If it had some kinda aam id play the international waaaay more but as it stands it's ka-50 bait

 

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, KickAshFireman said:

Think thats bad, try the Swedish one! ATGM only, no gun, and rockets take approx 30 seconds to travel 6000ft (max range), and don't reliably kill anything but light targets.

 

At least we have a helo now xD

At least its a BR where not many people expect a helo, so you can get high and close to battle space. I've found it to be ok, though the ATGMs take ages to get to target.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo there should be 2 starter helies: AB 205A-1 (fast heli, good at pvp ec, at the City map)  and AB47 (slow little helicopter with 2 ATGMs attached for GRB and heli PVE).

Like here: https://live.warthunder.com/post/1006717/en/

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Imo there should be 2 starter helies: AB 205A-1 (fast heli, good at pvp ec, at the City map)  and AB47 (slow little helicopter with 2 ATGMs attached for GRB and heli PVE).

Like here: https://live.warthunder.com/post/1006717/en/

just looked thru this and its effing amazing. Why hasn't gaijin even considered this. even a few of the helos you mentioned would change everything for italian helicopters. hopefully gaijin will recognize your post soon and actually get to work

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/04/2022 at 01:33, ItsOxide said:

just looked thru this and its effing amazing. Why hasn't gaijin even considered this. even a few of the helos you mentioned would change everything for italian helicopters. hopefully gaijin will recognize your post soon and actually get to work

Make sure you support the suggestions i made on them, vote n comment will hopefully help gaijin be aware of the vehicles :D

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/04/2022 at 13:11, Voodoo__Ranger said:

Yes, it struggles big time. Back when the rocket aiming reticle actually did anything for a heli without a ballistic computer, it could kill a tank or two. Now you need to waste rockets to get targeting down. I said screw it and got the A-129 International, which at 9.7 was amazing, now 10.0 and still very good for me. But having something for a better starter would be ideal.

 

Yeah what's going on with the rocket aiming reticle? Rockets now seem to shoot completely upward and nowhere near the reticle. Is this a bug in my client or something? Can I clear some cache to fix this? It was fine before.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/04/2022 at 01:16, RaindropBebop said:

 

Yeah what's going on with the rocket aiming reticle? Rockets now seem to shoot completely upward and nowhere near the reticle. Is this a bug in my client or something? Can I clear some cache to fix this? It was fine before.

Same problem here dude. I dont think theres a fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Smin1080p

That bothers me as well, is it a bug or not?

On 20/04/2022 at 18:16, RaindropBebop said:

 

Yeah what's going on with the rocket aiming reticle? Rockets now seem to shoot completely upward and nowhere near the reticle. Is this a bug in my client or something? Can I clear some cache to fix this? It was fine before.

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

@Smin1080p

That bothers me as well, is it a bug or not?

 

 

It sounds as such, please submit a report and we can investigate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVE:

The hardest task is to survive under M163s fire, though results are better now, so you can try to grind here, at least it isn't that painful. To use rockets you should slow down your heli, it's much easier to hit the target this way. Other than that use mgs against AT guns, when enemy aircraft heading towards you and to get assists for harder targets.

Spoiler

unknown.png

 

PS this isn't a justification at all, Italy needs a second starter and more helies in general ;) 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/04/2022 at 02:01, KickAshFireman said:

At least it has miniguns though. A slim chance at defending against jets, other helos, or wire guided missiles. Although I also cant blame you for hating the dumbfire rockets either, I cant get a kill with those things to save my life.

the thing though is, is that the MG's are not as accurate as a jet's so going to spray at a jet will get u killed regardless bc of the giant **** bloom the mg's have, also to mention the limited traversals vertically after a certain distance so u have to tilt ur heli back in  order to shoot straight. The mg's are decent no doubt about it and kills are possible, but the bloom makes then **** in jet vs heli situations. honestly just spray the 106mm manned cannons in Heli pve and u get ur sheckles and rp in no time for another subpar heli in the spaghetti family  

On 30/04/2022 at 06:04, _Condottiero_ said:

PVE:

The hardest task is to survive under M163s fire, though results are better now, so you can try to grind here, at least it isn't that painful. To use rockets you should slow down your heli, it's much easier to hit the target this way. Other than that use mgs against AT guns, when enemy aircraft heading towards you and to get assists for harder targets.

Reveal hidden contents

 

PS this isn't a justification at all, Italy needs a second starter and more helies in general ;) 

honestly I just wait for an Allouette or a cobra to take down the AA then rush in with the "over powered speed it has" to the steal the AT kills with mg and maybe get 1 or 2 pillbox kills with is xxxx bottle rockets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...