Rptd: Game freezing with Error 8111000A (call stack 5 frames)

# I have:

# Game version

My game version: (2.13.0.76)

# Description

Okay so I've tried my best to resolve this issue independently before opening this topic, to no avail. Attempts include clearing cache, complete reinstall of graphics drivers with DDU in safe mode, checking if both integrated and dedicated GPUs have up to date drivers (current machine is a laptop so Nvidia Optimus was taken into consideration). I've also kept an eye on the other current topic with regards to Error 8111000A/Call stack 5 frames to attempt to resolve my issue, with no success.

# Steps to reproduce the issue

1. Log into the game with no problems, play 1 game (doesn't matter if it's AB or RB, Air or Ground)

2. Upon returning to the garage, when clicking "To Battle" to queue up for the 2nd game, game freezes and I receive said 8111000A / Call stack 5 frames error. One exception was yesterday's attempt at fixing the issue where I was able to play 3 games before crashing while queuing up for the 4th game. 

# Additional Information

Videos, links etc. Please do not use streamable.com.

# Affected vehicles

• Any vehicle I have unlocked/purchased

# Files

You must attach these files:

callstack5frames.png

2022_01_25_10_42_14__12848.clog DxDiag.txt 2022_01_20_22_53_25_7192.txt 2995595f40.zip 2995595f40.dmp db14fb20-41eb-4292-9f35-bbb9d8d2a648.dmp

• Senior Technical Moderator
17 hours ago, SignalFire said:

Okay so I've tried my best to resolve this issue independently before opening this topic, to no avail. Attempts include clearing cache, complete reinstall of graphics drivers with DDU in safe mode, checking if both integrated and dedicated GPUs have up to date drivers (current machine is a laptop so Nvidia Optimus was taken into consideration)

You have read my answers before!!  Well done!!!! :good:  This will speed things greatly! ;) :good:

When you verified the game, did you do this manually in Steam.   Selecting the launcher from the drop down menu?  If not, can you try this.  From the drop down and then screen, click the wrench icon in the top right hand side and follow the steps.

This is the driver indicated in the dxdiag.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630  Driver Date/Size: 07-Feb-19 2:00:00 AM, 1836272 bytes  Driver Version: 25.20.100.6576

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060  Driver Version: 30.0.15.1123 Driver   Date/Size: 10-Jan-22 2:00:00 AM, 1058432 bytes  

So the NVIDIA driver is up to date.  But I am doubtful about the Intel one.  Did you let Windows tell you if this was the latest driver?  If so, go to the Intel site and check.  Microsoft can be notoriously wrong there.

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/products/98909/graphics/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-630.html

The site indicates that there is a driver from 2022 there for this device.  Can you remove the Intel driver using DDU(or similar) and then install the latest Intel driver.

I don't believe you need to do the NVIDIA at this point, if you have already gone through the process before(using DDU) as this would have removed any of the deep code from the previous driver(s).

There is something in the clog that may, or may not be significant.  The clog just 'ends' so it is difficult to say.  But can you try this for me too.

In your War Thunder install location;
There's a Folder called "EasyAntiCheat"
Open that and run "EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe" as an Administrator.
You will see an Install Panel saying 'Repair Service' in the lower right hand side.

Screenshot (24).png

Click that and follow the instructions etc then restart the game and test it.

Thanks

Hi there, thanks for the reply! I always try to search as much as possible for information that may have already been given regarding an issue. With that being said, I have a small development on the issue, which is as follows:

Out of curiosity, I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers once again with DDU, through Safe Mode, and upon doing that and restarting, I let Windows install the stock Nvidia driver which is an old 3xx driver. After that was done, I restarted Windows and then decided to see if War Thunder behaves with the old drivers - to my surprise, it did. I played around 7 games, entered both AB and RB battles just to make sure that the culprit isn't a specific game mode which I highly doubted was the case from the very start, and then decided to update to the latest drivers (511.23). 

However

War Thunder still crashes albeit a lot less, I was able to have a decent gaming session with a friend yesterday with the game crashing just once, with 8 battles played in total and the crash happening after the 1st one. The crash produces the same 8111000A error, followed up by "call stack 5 frames". With regards to the Intel GPU drivers, I did notice that they were rather old so I attempted to update them, upon which I was notified by Windows that they are "manufacturer locked". That didn't stop me, however, and I managed to manually update them through Device Manager, though I'm not sure if updating on a potentially buggy old driver was a good idea. I will try to uninstall the Intel drivers with DDU and install the new ones and hopefully smooth out any issues that might be there. 

For game file verification I've done both Steam verification and the War Thunder launcher verification, multiple times each. Same for EAC repairs. I'm hoping that the culprit is indeed the Intel GPU drivers and that doing a clean DDU uninstall/install will finally remedy the situation. I'll follow up on this post once I've done it and tested the game out.

• Thanks 1

Okay, thanks for that detailed explanation.

My bet would be on one of the drivers as well.

I will await your response after playing with the Intel driver.

Hi again, I've just finished with uninstalling the Intel GPU drivers, installed them again and tested the game out. The results are as follows:

I've noticed that upon logging in, the game minimizes on its own, and when I tab back in, I can see a notification stating "Video driver was hung and restarted. Texture quality was reduced to low." I tried going into battle and I immediately crashed with the same error as listed above, whereas previously I could play at least 1 battle before crashing. 

Not sure what I should do next, any suggestions?

I take it that you used DDU to uninstall the old Intel drivers etc?

Can you do a repair or update on Windows.   The game should not minimise by itself.

Yes, I used DDU to install the old Intel drivers, as well as the Nvidia ones, both of those were done in Safe Mode as per the instructions. I also did an update on Windows and now the game crashes upon logging in while in Fullscreen, it practically freezes up immediately and nothing can be done except force shut down my PC and restart. Full screen window also yields the same results, almost immediate freeze which locks up my entire PC. Essentially, after doing the Windows updates, things have gone worse, back to square one. 

I've repaired EAC once again just to make sure, and have done a file verification on Steam which found 1 missing file. None of these things helped in any sort of way. I also ran an "sfc /scannow" command in CMD prompt to check if I have any sort of bad or missing system files, again, no problems found. 

Can you give me all the new files please.

Clog(s), dxdiag, .dmp files, launcher logs(if you have them) etc.

I cannot understand why updating Windows makes things worse.   That is so strange.

Are you running anything else at the same time?

• Like 1

Alright so in light of the game basically refusing to work for longer than a few seconds, I did a rollback on my integrated GPU drivers as I also read advice from Intel saying that manufacturer-installed drivers should not be force updated the way I did through Device Manager, so I installed the latest ones that were provided by my laptop's manufacturer (Acer). I also cleaned up the drivers and installed a fresh version of 388.16 which was automatically done by Windows. The game ran fine except for 1 crash, after which I was able to have a decent session. I was confident in installing the 511.23 Nvidia driver (latest ones available), which once again brought me back to square one, ie. Error 8111000A, Call stack 5 frames. It is also worth mentioning that I reinstalled the game today as opposed to doing a file verification just to check that possibility out as well. I'll attach the new files and wait for your response. The only other thing I could come up with as an option is perhaps rolling back on the Windows updates as the game seemed to behave better prior to the updates. Other than that, I have absolutely no clue why the game is misbehaving other than a genuine issue that needs to be resolved by the developers (as I've seen a few other topics in the forum regarding the exact same or very similar issue that were never resolved), or my dedicated GPU dying which I think is highly unlikely as every other game behaves perfectly fine with no issues. 

Anyway, here are the new files. I only seem to have the clog and dxdiag files up to date, the rest are either not present at all or from yesterday or older. Not sure why that is the case. Let me know if the rest are required and I will keep trying to run the game until I get those files as well. 

2022_01_29_14_21_32__2516.clog DxDiag.txt

912d447b7b.zip 912d447b7b.dmp 2022_01_29_14_57_30_2352.txt

Edited by SignalFire
Edit: I have now provided all files after another few crashes

Hi
  Thank you for your interest and help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the Developers for their consideration.  

If there is anything further regarding this report a Technical Moderator will contact you.

Thank you again for your support.

• Like 2

• KnightoftheAbyss changed the title to Rptd: Game freezing with Error 8111000A (call stack 5 frames)