Sight Distance Control bug

Xriva

# I have:

# Game version

My game version: (2.13.0.60)

# Platform

Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

# Description

Presetting a sight distance and doing rangefinder in gunner view the sight distance will reset back to zero the first time it is used. After this any sight distance set will remain when doing a rangefinder

# Steps to reproduce the issue

1. When game starts switch to gunner view and preset a range on the barrel.

2. then select 'Rangefinder'

3. When rangefinder has finished the preset range on the barrel resets to zero.

4. After this the preset ranges will remain when you do a rangefinder.

# Affected vehicles

• DF105

• Bkan 1C

• 2S3M

# Files

You must attach these files:

• I do not have a .game_logs folder or any .clog files in the Warthunder directory so have attached only files I can see generated at the date and time specified.

2022_01_12_13_53_23_60066.txt 2022_01_12_13_53_23_60070.txt

2022_01_14_10_44_34__88180.clog

Edited by Xriva
Attached .clog file

Hello @Xriva,

The .clog files are located in the "WarThunder/.game_logs" directory, Located in the ".config" directory in your home directory.

~/.config/WarThunder/.game_logs

Could you please upload a .clog file from a session in which you have reproduced this?

Hi I have attached the .clog file as requested to the initial post. It was generated from a test drive instead of a game but the results are exactly the same.

@Xriva,

Thank you. I'm assuming your using the "Sight Distance Control" control option to set a distance first, Then pressing the key you have bound to "Rangefinder"? What number is resetting to zero? The Distance number or the number that appears after pressing the Rangefinder key?

Hi @apemax,

Yes, when the tank spawns I select gunner view and use "Sight Distance Control" to preset a 400 meter range. I then press "Rangefinder" button and when it has finished calculating the preset range resets to zero.

After this if you repeat the same sequence then the sight does not reset to zero after using rangefinder.

I just noticed that the DF105 is not affected by this though the 2S3M is for sure as that was the last tank I was grinding but some other tanks I was grinding over the Xmas period were affected.

I don't know if this is related but I have noticed new tanks with a laser rangefinder i'm grinding exhibit a similar problem of preset range being reset to zero after using rangefinder. This reset to zero will keep happening until I finally research the laser rangefinder and then I works as expected of setting range to laser rangefinder value.

@Xriva,

Right, Could you please post a screenshot of the gunner view after you have set the range using "Sight Distance Control" and a screenshot of the gunner view after you have pressed the "Rangefinder" key and the range has reset to zero?

Hi apemax,

This is a strange bug as today the 2S3M is working okay but again the DF105 is exhibiting the problem.

Attached are screenshots from BKAN 1C, DF105 & Leopard 2K.

I have taken screenshots from each with a range preset, during range finding and after the rangefinder has finished.

As mentioned before this resetting range to zero only happened on first use of rangefinder for BKAN 1C & DF105 but in doing these screenshots I noticed that switching away from the gunner view (to save the rangefinder screenshot) that it may not zero the range but if you stay in the gunner view while range finding it does reset the range.

I also noticed that the range also resets when in binocular view.

I have included the Leopard 2K as an example of the range resetting to zero for tanks with laser rangefinder that has not been researched.

I have not researched the Leopard 2K but can select it to test drive and if 'Vehicle Modification' is set to current (no laser rangefinder) then the range resets to zero when rangefinder has calculated the range.

bkan 1c_2022-01-16_07-07-15.png

bkan 1c_2022-01-16_07-07-32.png

bkan 1c_2022-01-16_07-07-49.png

df105_2022-01-16_07-10-53.png

df105_2022-01-16_07-11-07.png

df105_2022-01-16_07-11-28.png

leopard 2k_2022-01-16_07-16-42.png

leopard 2k_2022-01-16_07-16-57.png

leopard 2k_2022-01-16_07-17-17.png

@Xriva,

Right, This is a odd one, I've been trying to reproduce this myself but haven't managed to yet. Could you please tell me what key you have bound to both "Sight Distance Control" and "Rangefinder"? Also have you checked to make sure those keys aren't bound to any other function?

1 hour ago, apemax said:

@Xriva,

Right, This is a odd one, I've been trying to reproduce this myself but haven't managed to yet. Could you please tell me what key you have bound to both "Sight Distance Control" and "Rangefinder"? Also have you checked to make sure those keys aren't bound to any other function?

Sight distance control is NUM+, NUM- and MOUSE WHEEL

Rangfinder is END and NUM1 (that is also bound to Scout target) (both keys exhibit the problem)

@Xriva,

Thank you, If you remove Scout target from the same key as rangefinder and only have rangefinder bound to a single key does it still happen?