Update 2.13.0.46

Stona

Aircraft 1 Sweden Yellow.jpg

• The ‘notch’ sector 90 degrees relative to the target’s course has been increased 1.5 times for pulse-doppler modes of AN/APG-59 and AN/AWG-11/12 and slightly decreased for AN/APG-66J and PS-37A/46A.

Sound

• RWR sounds have been changed to something less annoying and loud. The reference sound used has been brought from the F-14 Tomcat RWR.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stona said:

Sound

• RWR sounds have been changed to something less annoying and loud. The reference sound used has been brought from the F-14 Tomcat RWR.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

Nice wording there chief

medal

Fantastic choice, my only suggestion now would be either make it a little louder or give us an option in the Sound options for a slider just for RWR. As it stands the sound itself is a lot more attention grabbing and a looot less annoying then the high pitch dog whistle it was before but its currently slightly too quite to hear over all the other things in battle. 

Edited by Southernbear
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

36 minutes ago, Stona said:

Sound

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

(reminds me of this gif but now its Stona himself) 

US players.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

31 minutes ago, Southernbear said:

Fantastic choice, my only suggestion now would be either make it a little louder or give us an option in the Sound options for a slider just for RWR. As it stands the sound itself is a lot more attention grabbing and a looot less annoying then the high pitch dog whistle it was before but its currently slightly too quite to hear over all the other things in battle. 

Yes, fully support that. I have my engines on 27% volume and they are WAY louder than the RWR.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

On 24/12/2021 at 10:27, Stona said:

Sound

Still annoying, despite Devs fixed the loudness, because useless most the time untill someone actually lock the radar on you.

Take a look at this AirRB map, it's Korsun, not the smallest one we have. And despite I was already in the middle of the map, I was still spammed by RWR pings from my own airfield SAMs:

Spoiler

n7ZzRn2.jpg

...when almost whole match you are spammed by RWR audible pings from all directions including your own AF and teammates it's not the warning, it's distracting and tiring the ears.

@Stona Are we really supposed to have whole top tier gameplay with constant beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep sound which is tiring and spoiling the overall sound experience?

Whole match something like this below, but in the loop? Or maybe we could expect to not receive RWR "warnings" from own AF SAMs and teammates?

On 24/12/2021 at 20:29, Gawr_Gura said:

RWR sounds too low now, I'd like to see an option to increase or decrease the sound of it

The ability to increase and decrease the sound of RWR would be fine.

Even more usefull would be the ability to have silent pings for radar radiation but loud alarm after actually being locked / tracked.
So we need two sound sliders - one for lock-on alarm and one for pings from various radars in search mode.

Edited by Ein79
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I must admit. This change is welcomed one but the RWR needs a little bit of rework or tweak. 

Sound is really quiet. I hardly can hear anything. 

There is no tutorial to help understand how RWR works in the game and what each sound represents.

We really need to have tutorials updated and explain how missiles work. 

And last but not least, do not leave it up to Youtubers or your wiki and content. That must be in the game. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I appreciate that the RWR sounds have been changed to something less intrusive, however I am still not a fan of a change in general. I enjoy the original RWR sound a lot more, and fully support the sound being reverted back to the original.

Yeah, I can't hear it, like, AT ALL... I can't even tell how it's suppossed to sound, I can't hear anything...

Worst thing is, somehow this broke the RWR sound mods so they don't work either now...

In short: RWR isn't functional right now, as it can't be heard at all.

EDIT: increasing the volume to deafening levels, I can kinda hear it- I like the new sound! But... it needs to be louder xD

As some people would keep complaining about it "bEiNg AnNoYiNg", you could add a volume slider, so that people can either have it loud if they want to rely on it, or disable it if it's so annoying to them.

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Upvote 1

On 25/12/2021 at 00:20, Major_Shaker said:

There is no tutorial to help understand how RWR works in the game and what each sound represents.

We really need to have tutorials updated and explain how missiles work. 

On 25/12/2021 at 04:04, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

.. it needs to be louder xD

As some people would keep complaining about it "bEiNg AnNoYiNg", you could add a volume slider, so that people can either have it loud if they want to rely on it, or disable it if it's so annoying to them.

In most situations in AirRB the only usefull RWR sound is lock-on alarm, which indeed should be loud, intense and irritating. Lock-on alarm most the time means the radar guided missile will be launched in your direction or is already on the way to hit you. So you really NEED to be alarmed.

But the beep-beep-beep-beep... pings from various radiation sources in search mode including friendly ground forces and teammates in the air are mostly useless spam. For most of the match we are spammed by these pings and most the time they dont indicate threats. You can't tell which of this pings are from enemy, and most the time they will be from your own airfield SAMs and teammates aircraft. These pings should not be irritating and laud, or some players will lose their minds after 20 min of such beep-spam.

That's why we need two sound sliders - one for lock-on alarm and one for pings from various radars in search mode.

Edited by Ein79
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 27/12/2021 at 15:55, Ein79 said:

In most situations in AirRB the only usefull RWR sound is lock-on alarm, which indeed should be loud, intense and irritating. Lock-on alarm most the time means the radar guided missile will be launched in your direction or is already on the way to hit you. So you really NEED to be alarmed.

But the beep-beep-beep-beep... pings from various radiation sources in search mode including friendly ground forces and teammates in the air are mostly useless spam. For most of the match we are spammed by these pings and most the time they dont indicate threats. You can't tell which of this pings are from enemy, and most the time they will be from your own airfield SAMs and teammates aircraft. These pings should not be irritating and laud, or some players will lose their minds after 20 min of such beep-spam.

That's why we need two sound sliders - one for lock-on alarm and one for pings from various radars in search mode.

Ah, very good points! As you said, what everyone complains about (and for good reason) is the BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP spam when you are on your airfield or anywhere near it and in front of teammates...

But the issue with low volume is how lock-on alarm can't fulfill its purpose as it can't be heard.

So, if they don't want to add volume sliders, perhaps they could just make the lock-on alarm be louder, and the "idle" beeps be lower.

• Upvote 1

On 29/12/2021 at 16:47, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Ah, very good points! As you said, what everyone complains about (and for good reason) is the BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP spam when you are on your airfield or anywhere near it and in front of teammates...

It's not "near the airfield", the friendly airfields radars are actively and constantly spamming with RWR pings up to the center of the map and even further. So you can't get away from it, and even when enemy airborne radar ping arrives, it overlaps with this friendly spam.

If it would be only on the runway and near the airfield, I wouldn't complain. But it's more like up to 50 km or even more from own AF then enemy AF starts spamming, so whole match of heart rate monitor . Or riding a car for 20 min with  seatbelt alarm on. 

On 29/12/2021 at 16:47, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

So, if they don't want to add volume sliders, perhaps they could just make the lock-on alarm be louder, and the "idle" beeps be lower.

Yes, this is also the solution.