Update 2.13.0.44

OrsonES

Tank 2 Italy Blue_db9d0b7d53845cca0ce6f9

Ground vehicles

• 2S3M — thickness of the bulkhead between the driver and the transmission has been corrected.
  • Challenger 2, Challenger 2 (2F) — a bug has been fixed where the rear armour plate was missing in the hull in the xray mode.
  • Challenger 2, Challenger 2 (2F), Challenger 2 TES — the armour type of the turret bottom has been changed to cast steel (report)
  • Challenger 2 TES — overestimated durability of the side skirts has been fixed.

Sound

• The volume of jet engines from first and third person views has been slightly decreased.
  • Enemy/allied jet engines do not overlap the whole sound of battle for players on the ground. Jet engine sounds now have less priority over explosions, gun fire, and ground vehicle engines.
  • Player gunshots from ground vehicles are now more distinctive and detailed in comparison to allied/enemy gunshots.
  • Signal of the laser warning system is now more distinctive for a player, it becomes louder and higher in tone. 
  • A bug has been fixed that prevented playback of rocket engines of enemy\allied aircraft.
  • Bugs in the playback of player aircraft rocket engines have been fixed. 

Other

• A bug has been fixed where snow and rain in VR headsets were displayed only for one eye.
  • Artefacts from exhaust gases animation on the AMD Radeon graphic cards have been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that's just user error. But here we go.

Everytime I'm in GRB and go to use CAS I normally have a fuse time of 1.5s however as of late when I set my fuse time it resets without my knowledge to Assault fuse.

Another issue I would like to bring up is people not being aware that they can turn cross play off. Of course I enjoy cross-platform game play but sometimes I do wish I can get a game when I turn it off. However I noticed that Xbox and Playstation players seem to be unaware that they can turn it off if desired. 

Lastly, I do appreciate these new changes but I would like to see some of the American Tech tree be reworked, bombers are too fragile when compared to other nations not to mention the repair costs at 6.7 require players to either perform really well or find an alternative to it. I love bombers and want to get each nations bombers but I don't think the repair costs of say the B25s, B24s and B29s are fair. USSR has a reversed engineered B29, the TU4 i believe  it's called and it's sl costs is significantly lower then the American one. Overall there's a lot of issues within the American tech tree especially when it comes to transitioning into early to modern day tanks. Put bluntly A 6.7 vehicle shouldn't be uptiered to 7.0, 7.7 or 7.3, all of which have happened to me consistently. Another note, Germany Lekpz M41 shouldn't be the only one the recieve HEATFS. If it receives heat fs at 6.3 then either America should receive the same round seeing its an American tank using an American round. I understand that balance is a aspect but I don't believe it's fair to American players to not recive the round when the lend lease vehicle receives it.

Stona (Posted )

If you want to submit a bug report, please use Technical section on our forum. To discuss other things, please use relevant Game Discussion section. Thanks

Why devs always change the sound after a week or two?EVERY single time..... Jets sounds were the only good thing of last patch and now you lower them..... if we think that enemy tank engines are barely audible and now jets flying above are quieter that tank engines..... i can already imagine the result :facepalm: Thanks...

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, OrsonES said:

Signal of the laser warning system is now more distinctive for a player, it becomes louder and higher in tone. 

Can we not? That is really annoying in Air RB. I'm going to have nightmares with pInG-pInG-pInG and then I'm getting locked with a REEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

58 minutes ago, FrenchBabySeal said:

I beg of you revert the RWR sound my ears are bleeding, taking off at high tier is pure torture as the radars from the airfield and all your allies keep making it go absolutly nuts

56 minutes ago, Araknas said:

Can we not? That is really annoying in Air RB. I'm going to have nightmares with pInG-pInG-pInG and then I'm getting locked with a REEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound

We are aware it can be problematic, sorry for the issues. We are working on it, should be adjusted in next minor update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I believe the Devs have made a huge mistake on challenger 2 TES ERA on the side of the hull protection value's !! The protection value it had before are as correct as they could be except in kinetic protection which should be higher. Also the TES add-on armour kit is designed to protect the front and sides of the vehicle against tandam warhead's. It confirms this down below !!

20190908_173349.jpg

IMG_20200522_183651.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 23/12/2021 at 10:50, OrsonES said:

Signal of the laser warning system is now more distinctive for a player, it becomes louder and higher in tone. 

We have gone from one extreme to the other.  Before this change you can never hear your RWR and missed it most of the time.  Now its so loud that you get a headache after hearing it more than a few seconds.  We need a slider to adjust this volume of a personal level.

On 23/12/2021 at 10:50, OrsonES said:
  • The volume of jet engines from first and third person views has been slightly decreased.
  • Enemy/allied jet engines do not overlap the whole sound of battle for players on the ground. Jet engine sounds now have less priority over explosions, gun fire, and ground vehicle engines.

Planes have lost the epicness from the start of the patch.  I do agree they were a little loud, but now they are way too watered down.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 23/12/2021 at 14:30, Stona said:

We are aware it can be problematic, sorry for the issues. We are working on it, should be adjusted in next minor update.

I'm glad with this promise, because the current RWR sound level and how frequent it's spammed is simply killing the whole sound experience while flying in AirRB from the BR 10.0 up.

But by the way, can we count on the RWR fix so that it would warn only against enemy radar? Now we are "warned" already on the runway against own SAMs and SPAAGs and these SAM's radar signal is chasing us all the way to the center of the map. Not to mention "warning" against radars of the planes of own teammates.

So we are warned by RWR almost whole match against almost everything around - countless beep-beep-beep-beep...this makes the "warning" not only worthless but also annoying, distracting, misleading and tiring. Why even have it..at least let us turn it off/on.

BTW - same story with beep sound of G-overload, which starts spamming our ears already with 6G, so it means EVERY dogfight in WarThunder is with that annoying beep sound, which means NOTHIG as warning, because wings rip at 10-11G at least. Again - annoying, distracting, misleading and tiring. What is the purpose of it?? Not to mention for WWII planes it's hilariously immersion spoiling.

Edited by Ein79
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi!
After playing the Harrier for a bit, I noticed that y'all have changed the RWR sounds, nice to see some attention to detail but while on the Airfield the beeping noise is the only noise I hear and its obnoxious and annoying. Especially in the middle of the runway where you're surrounded by your friendly AA vehicles... Please do give it some thought as it is quite obnoxious to play with the constant beeping...

medal