Looking for U.K. based Japanese sim squadron

Been in a squadron that had mainly people in other countries and found the time differences to be a bit a problem, as we were rarely online at the same time. So looking for something with mainly players in the same time zone as U.K. or plus or minus one hour.

Me....experienced Japanese fighter/attacker/bomber pilot playing ec sim br 5 -6.3 mainly, but also enjoy playing lower br games too, even br 1.0

i also play the German planes from time to time

I don’t fly jets. 

• Type of squadron you're looking for casual
  • Modes you play (SB)
  • Type of vehicles you like playing the most(Air)
  • Preferred nations (Japan)
  • Preferred game servers ( EU)
  • Your age (mature)
  • Preferred language ( English)
  • Preferred controller type (Joystick,/)
  • Timezone / available playing times (U.K. most evenings and weekends)
  • Preferred communication platform ( Discord, but open to suggestions )

9 hours ago, Teguman said:

I'm not sure if our squadron GSUD fills all of those requirements, but we do have players globally including in Germany, which should be only 1 hour ahead of UK time if I'm not mistaken. We sadly don't do much of sim battles, but we have experienced air RB players. Join us here at https://discord.gg/hq26MAGAeE if you'd like to. 

Thanks for the offer teguman but I rarely play RB due the very uneven playing field for people like me who prefer cockpit view, joystick and pedals, manual engine etc. At least in sim you can sneak up below someone from behind :)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Teguman said:

Are you open to trying Ground RB?

Hmmm, not really my thing, I’m better at air battles and sinking ships

11 hours ago, Teguman said:

Understandable. I just don't know how to help you with the sim part, bc that's like the only thing our squadron doesn't do. 

Can I ask why you don’t do sim? Just curious 

ehhhh, I'm not that good. I'm struggling with Air RB enough as is, so I'm not really ready for that. Actually now that I think about it, some of our pilots might play sim. not entirely sure tho

I did just start air battles again, beginning the german grind to support my tanks in ground RB. I have the Do-17 Z-1, Ju-87 B-1, He-112, the other 1.3 BR Do-17, and the Ju 87 G-1. I was just playing the Ju-87 G-1 today with a few of our other pilots, actually.

7 hours ago, Teguman said:

ehhhh, I'm not that good. I'm struggling with Air RB enough as is, so I'm not really ready for that. Actually now that I think about it, some of our pilots might play sim. not entirely sure tho

I did just start air battles again, beginning the german grind to support my tanks in ground RB. I have the Do-17 Z-1, Ju-87 B-1, He-112, the other 1.3 BR Do-17, and the Ju 87 G-1. I was just playing the Ju-87 G-1 today with a few of our other pilots, actually.

It’s funny you say that as I suck in rb but can hold my own in sim. They are vastly different playing styles and the lack of 3rd person view and computer assisted flying makes it a lot easier to evade attacking planes and have a half decent dogfight. You should give it a try. It’s daunting at first but once you get the basics of what needs to be done you can have a really good 2 hour game. 

19 hours ago, Teguman said:

2 hours?! I don't think I have that kind of patience... and plus the 3rd person view really helps me sometimes. I might try tho

You can always join a game part way through. To be honest I regularly find the time passes very quickly, even in a full 3 hour session if you have a good number of players on both sides so you are constantly defending. 3rd person view does exactly that, make it easy. You also have enemy markers/name tags in rb, in sim only the friendlies have markers, and only when you get within 800m of one. Very easy to shoot down a team mate if you don’t learn to recognise planes and also you the radio chat to get players to confirm they are friendly and save wasting time chasing one of your own team for 10 minutes.

I’m more into experiencing what it was actually like to be a ww2 fighter pilot with all the blind spots and lack of mirrors etc they had to deal with and what techniques they used to see around and below themselves...and just how dangerous their job was. Because you will find you need to look around a lot more in cockpit view, head tracking is probably a huge benefit in sim, like track ir, but a lot of the top players just bind keys to look behind quickly and use the mouse camera to look around. I prefer vr, a lot more immersive and you get a real sense of scale which you don’t on a pc screen, especially the size of bombers. I’ll look forward to seeing you there maybe one day. If you need any advice or guidance give me a shout or just ask in the sim part of the forum.