5950X

RTX 3080

32GB RAM

B550 Unify

1TB SX8200

Ultra Wide user

What happens?

Native res, max out, TAA = ~300 drops to 70FPS

Native res, max out, SSAA X4 = 150FPS drops to 19 no matter particle density. More missles, more drops even to 1fps.

Native res, max out + DLSS@Quality drops from ~300 to ~200

The hell is going on?

medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

It's clear as the day that your PC is the problem here, War Thunder is fine, no need for optimizations of any kind. Your topic is just a waste of time to the mods.

Spoiler

Have you tried lowering the particle density and cloud quality? Also soft particles, haze and lens flare, ,disable it completely and see if it improves.

Edited by __Grim__

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/11/2021 at 18:03, __Grim__ said:

It's clear as the day that your PC is the problem here, War Thunder is fine, no need for optimizations of any kind. Your topic is just a waste of time to the mods.

Hide contents

Have you tried lowering the particle density and cloud quality? Also soft particles, haze and lens flare, ,disable it completely and see if it improves.

XD

Your response is r*tarded sir. Just because you are okay, doesn't mean that everyone is.

Edit: Ah yes, mista. You cry about fps drops on your potato pc.

There you have it. This person has the EXACTLY same problem as I do, so please, tell me what is your glass ball telling you now?

The fact is simple although I have fresh PC with fresh system and the lastest drivers, Warthunder causes the problem and not only for me.

No matter what settings I use, the drop is there, although less painful. No other game has any problem with my PC. Even DCS which has more pilot farting particles than 30 planes simultaneously @ Warthunder doesn't cause 500% fps drop just like warthunder does.

Edited by plmnb

So, here I upload my dxdiag report and in this https://easyupload.io/2r46bz MSI Afterburner log you will find any neccessary info about parameters of my PC while warthunder has been tested.

The test was conducted with 2S6 during test drive where i pointed on the sky and spa,mshells. In that log you will quickly realize two things:

- While firing with max particle density and effects quality, the performance (4k + 4x ssaa) drops to ~10fps

- While firing with minimum particle density and effects quality, the performace drops from 140 to 40 fps.

- Frametimes go crazy from 16 to 60ms (max particles and quality) or from 16 to 46 on minimum.

DxDiag1.txt

Particles can be heavy load (also obscures your view ;)) .

Don't forget shadows too, have a play with them as they can help on cards with slightly less memory bandwidth than optimal. And yes that can mean flagships and high end cards depending on uarch and game/load applied. 

• Like 1

Sir, 

Your argument is invalid. I have spent a lot of hours @ war thunder and let me tell you that "particles can be heavy" is totally wrong. 

Resolution doesn't matter, settings don't matter. Drop is there, no matter what you do.

"So there you go, https://youtu.be/24KGEU9y7uo

2 months ago uploaded video.

In that case, mista, he uses 3060Ti - slower gpu, but he doesn't use SSAA, but i don't have to use it too.

In such case, my fps drops from more than 250 to 50, while his stays at the same level ~100."

One month ago I commented this on reddit.

That man, with 3060ti, that had maxed out settings at 1440p (I for example don't have a grass and my render distance is set to minimum) has 100+ stable fps, while in that same scenario I face extreme drops, so please don't try to sell me that 3080 is not enough to push war thunder on more than 10 fps while firing a gun lol, because that is what I call - bullsh*t.