Premium Rank III Destroyers

vEEtEE

Hello, the game in my opinion is sorely lacking Rank III premium destroyers to enable participation in tasks/events/challenges, and ease the grinding of the Bluewater trees.

Where are the likes of the Cowell (US), Karl Galster (DE), Stroyny (USSR), Haida (GB) and Geniere (IT) readily available at reasonable prices for budding Naval players?

This is a hole in the tree with a flooding of Rank II destroyers that are unusable for most tasks/events.

@gromvoiny could these be brought back somehow in a reasonable manner?

medal

6 minutes ago, vEEtEE said:

Hello, the game in my opinion is sorely lacking Rank III premium destroyers to enable participation in tasks/events/challenges, and ease the grinding of the Bluewater trees.

Where are the likes of the Cowell (US), Karl Galster (DE), Stroyny (USSR), Haida (GB) and Geniere (IT) readily available at reasonable prices for budding Naval players?

This is a hole in the tree with a flooding of Rank II destroyers that are unusable for most tasks/events.

@gromvoiny could these be brought back somehow in a reasonable manner?

Those destroyers (you forgot Kiyoshimo btw) are now rare collectibles and will be brought back only for special occasions such as US Navy day etc. But we're working on new ones for all trees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@gromvoiny 

Why has it been changed to bar rank II destroyers from events?
The majority of British destroyers, most of which are now 4.7, are at rank II and thus useless for events. The tier and BR system in naval is already atrocious without you locking out the most fun section of naval from events.

medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

Those destroyers (you forgot Kiyoshimo btw) are now rare collectibles and will be brought back only for special occasions such as US Navy day etc. But we're working on new ones for all trees.

And YOU forgot Neustrashimy :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

And YOU forgot Neustrashimy :)

We're talking about the ones sold in store packs, there were only 6 (well, 7 if you count Xbox-exclusive Bennion). 

1 hour ago, Shrike142 said:

@gromvoiny 

Why has it been changed to bar rank II destroyers from events?
The majority of British destroyers, most of which are now 4.7, are at rank II and thus useless for events. The tier and BR system in naval is already atrocious without you locking out the most fun section of naval from events.

You are asking the wrong person. 

• Like 1

It would be awesome to see the S-204 Lang and similar for sale again too on a special day! Don't forget us Coastal lads ;) Cheers

3 hours ago, Shrike142 said:

The majority of British destroyers, most of which are now 4.7, are at rank II and thus useless for events.

Mohawk could have been put in at Rank III where it would have been useful.

• Upvote 1
medal

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of tier III destroyers is one of my biggest gripes about naval.  I much prefer destroyer game play to that of cruisers, so I am inclined to use all destroyers in a match with the occasional coastal thrown in for a late match cap. As far as Tier III destroyers go, the US has two in the tech tree plus one premium available for eagles and a premium event vehicle; Germany has two plus an event premium; USSR one plus a premium event and a premium store bought; GB has only two available in the tech tree; Japan just one in the tech tree plus a premium event DD and a squad vehicle; Italy has two plus a premium event vehicle.  I might be missing an event prize or two, but the point being that one cannot field a Tier III destroyer lineup for any country from the tech tree alone.  Meanwhile, there are a lot of really strong Tier II vehicles that I never play because they are not usable for most goals (Sumner, Z22, Tashkent all come to mind).  Fortunately for me, I have all the aforementioned premiums and event vehicles (except the Phelps), but anyone who didn't play naval from the start or is just a newer player, does not have the option to run an all destroyer Tier III match without backups.  The US is the one exception with the purchase of the premium Moffet.

Aside from adding more ships, a possible solution would be to make bluewater reserve ships the only ones in Tier 1 and just shift everything else up.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, cheedster said:

Japan just one in the tech tree plus a premium event DD and a squad vehicle;

Japan has four: the Akizuki (tech tree), the Yuudachi (event, Operation H.E.A.T.), the Kiyoshimo (premium, removed), and the Shimakaze (squadron).

medal medal medal medal