M1A2 needs a buff, mostly in the mantlet

Sup gaijin, after a couple months on getting my first batch of Abrams and finally to the m1a2, I seem to discover a trend revolving around turret manlet armour, as it's too weak, I know this game is sometimes about realistic armor values and what not, but it's just to weak, to keep it more on the realistic side, you should at least add around the same armor values as the turret cheeks (which are also highly inaccurate, ill touch on that topic another time) but anyways for a more realistic armor value, around 900mm of armor would be appropriate in that area, only for the A2, but keep in mind Chrysler Defense (or modernly known as "General Dynamic land systems"  has been slowly adding armor to the manlet area since the M1IP, the biggest change in armor increase in the variant M1A1-HA which started to allow a pattern for more beefy manlets in US doctrine at that time mostly to deter heavy AA fire or even a direct hit from a SABOT Round at the period and absorb it, damage still consist, but mostly on slower gun elevation as Hydraulic power probably been severed from the main, alright enough with my rambling, I just hope you take this into account if you ever read this.

• Confused 4

Hi,

A "buff" refers to an artificial improvement which does not happen in War Thunder if the documents used to create a vehicle do not show certain armour values.

If you got documents showing the current values are not correct or not realistic as you say then please submit a bug report here:https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/1950-historical-reports/

:salute:

• Like 2