You need to get higher on the scoreboard and kill many planes to get a higher % SL or RP booster... and other misconceptions a new player may have

Most people assume that the level of booster they get is purely based on their own performance vs others. Nope, its all to do with how many waves of enemies your team makes it through. But you still want to kill as many bombers as possible to help your team win and get your own SL and RP awards at end of match. I was in a game and second to last, still got a 300% bonus as my team did good (are their 500% boosters given?)

I assumed levels 4.0 - 5.0 and higher are harder. It may be a little harder to kill the bombers (I didn't find Lancasters and Typhoons all that hard in the right 4x cannon plane), but it will be much easier to get the top booster award as your team-mates usually are much better at that level.

People seem to be very competitive with their teammates, to the point where it makes the team loose and everyone gets a lower SL/RP booster. Healthy competition great for getting more enemies destroyed, but not when team coordination and strategy are lessened.

(please pin this?)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nemesis_one said:

If you are #1 in a winning game you also get one or a couple of Universal Backups in addition to the 300% Bonus.

Pretty sure you don't need to be number 1 to get backups. They're random.

One misconception I see is people thinking you should absolutely drop everything and go for howitzers the moment they spawn. It used to be the case long ago, but except on certain maps like jet tier Norway bombers are the number 1 threat. Learn to prioritize targets, people.

Another misconception is that landing is a good idea to save SL. It's not. On the short term in might save you a few hundred SL, but you're reducing the odds of winning a match by a fair amount and unless you're using a hideously expensive plane or die too many times (10 or more) a win will always at least make up for your losses. Don't be that cheapskate who keeps landing a plane to save some meager 2-3k SL, just bail out and respawn. If you really don't have the SL to play the mode then go play something else, or play reserve tiers. That is not an excuse to drag the team down.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I can confidently say that they are not random, since otherwise it would be statistically impossible for me to get Universal Backups every day of the year, for years on end. However, for obvious reasons, I cannot exclude that #2 or other players also get it.

Edited by Nemesis_one
medal medal medal