Killing 5 battleships and wining the game earns you 68k with a premium account. Battleships cost 80k to repair. This is not OK.

GodWentAFK

The current repair costs for battleships, battlecruisers, and some heavy cruisers are absolutely unacceptable. 

There are SIGNIFICANTLY more battleships around now than there were when these repair costs were set. Battleships are, on average, getting far fewer kills a game and dying A LOT more often.

All of the battleships with 70k+ repair costs routinely get 1 hit killed, especially by the blatantly overpowered kommuna (45k repair cost btw, nice joke gaijin).

There is just no universe where killing 5 battleships should be a net loss of 12k SL.

I should also point out that killing 5 battleships in a game is an exception, not the rule. Most games in the Hyuga, Dante, or other non-russian battleship will almost always end with you being ammo racked or burned to death by the broken fire mechanics. Being 1 hit less than 2 minutes into the game should not instantly cost you 80k SL.

I feel like I don't need to argue my point any more because anyone with half a brain cell already knows this is truth, it's just the developers that have yet to figure it out. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I stay away from battleships, as long as russian SAP shells kill everything that quickly....Those are just overpowered. While other BB's can be attacked from the air to take them out, the WW2 modded Komuna shots everything down with its 2332443534 AA mounts.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2021 at 10:03, GodWentAFK said:

All of the battleships with 70k+ repair costs routinely get 1 hit killed, especially by the blatantly overpowered kommuna (45k repair cost btw, nice joke gaijin).

There is just no universe where killing 5 battleships should be a net loss of 12k SL.

Well, 

Kommuna is OP now, with next patch new overpowered BB enters to game, and Kommuna will be "ballanced". 

Pay to play made by Gaijin.

Good advice to you: don't play battleships at all.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 08:13, Bruce_R1 said:

I'd be interested if someone who played BB screenshotted their service record to show both the deaths and SL earnings columns. People could do the math then and figure out if the vehicle is making a net profit.

Biggest moneymaker by far.  ( I use backups though, so not every death equals a 48k SL bill.)

Screenshot (55).png

Edited by _aw_

1 hour ago, _aw_ said:

Biggest moneymaker by far.  ( I use backups though, so not every death equals a 48k SL bill.)

Screenshot (55).png

So this is one of those few times a little stats-flexing in the forums is useful. Thanks for sharing.

So for Mariya, 23 deaths, for an income of 742 000 SL. The first 10 deaths were free, the other 13, assuming the current price regime in RB, cost you 69000*13 = 890 000. So, bit of a money loser there so far.

For Parizhskaya though, 137 post free-repair deaths, income 9.67M. The death cost was 48000*137 = 6.5M. Over flyout that works to a net of 7600 SL per flyout. That's pretty profitable, especially for an end of the tree vehicle. It would be interesting to see some more stats like this from the people who're actually complaining.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, _aw_ said:

I think the profit margin is higher on the PK since I probably have more than 50% backup usage.

Yeah, you're right, that makes more sense. If you factor that in you've only got 4 deaths you paid for in Mariya and 56 in PK. That puts Mariya up to 9000 SL after-death profit per flyout, and PK up to 16,500 SL on the same stat. Average profit on a per-game basis would be even higher.

*long slow whistle*

Formula for comparing to any other tech tree vehicle of your own or checking my math is:

[SL Earnings - (((Deaths - 10)-(Flyouts - Battles)) * Full Repair Cost)] / Flyouts

For a premium sub in 30 for 10 to account for the free repairs. I'm thinking Flyouts is the better divisor than Games here, but maybe not? Would have to think about that.

Edited by Bruce_R1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I wouldn't object to the costs per se, but it is comparatively much cheaper than vastly inferior ships, such as the Colossus. It's hideously overpowered and yet cheaper to repair than a ship that it can reliably take out in a single salvo.

Edited by Pte_Maylam
medal medal medal medal