[EVENT] “Export Order" Crafting Event Discussion and Help Thread

vEEtEE

Best answer

It's out:

[Event] Export Order - News - War Thunder

What do we know so far (not in the announcement):

• Drops reset at midnight GMT/UTC and time spent does not carry over between days.
  • There are five different material types (steel, iron, non-ferrous metals, elastomers and special fluids)
  • There are three types of parts to be manufactured (engine & transmission, hull & running gear, turret & armaments)
  • There are ten parts of each type, 30 parts in total to be crafted for each Export Vehicle
  • Each Export Vehicle has a variable material cost, usually with between 250-260 each and requires 80 technical documents (more here)
  • There are no different blueprints or schedules this time around (material variation is built into the parts cost)
  • Each of the reward vehicles costs a multiplier of 250 crowns. 250 for the Pansarbil, 500 for the Mohawk, 750 for the PT-16/T14 and F-5A each
  • A maximum of 1000 crowns (4 x 250) can be generated by the event
  • You only have to play one rank III vehicle somewhere in your lineup for the whole battle to count.

Information on previous crafting events:

Wiki Template for crafting events

Previous crafting events discussion:

Edited by vEEtEE

It's out:

[Event] Export Order - News - War Thunder

What do we know so far (not in the announcement):

• Drops reset at midnight GMT/UTC and time spent does not carry over between days.
  • There are five different material types (steel, iron, non-ferrous metals, elastomers and special fluids)
  • There are three types of parts to be manufactured (engine & transmission, hull & running gear, turret & armaments)
  • There are ten parts of each type, 30 parts in total to be crafted for each Export Vehicle
  • Each Export Vehicle has a variable material cost, usually with between 250-260 each and requires 80 technical documents (more here)
  • There are no different blueprints or schedules this time around (material variation is built into the parts cost)
  • Each of the reward vehicles costs a multiplier of 250 crowns. 250 for the Pansarbil, 500 for the Mohawk, 750 for the PT-16/T14 and F-5A each
  • A maximum of 1000 crowns (4 x 250) can be generated by the event
  • You only have to play one rank III vehicle somewhere in your lineup for the whole battle to count.

Information on previous crafting events:

Wiki Template for crafting events

Previous crafting events discussion:

Edited by vEEtEE
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

• vEEtEE changed the title to [EVENT] “Export order" Crafting Event Discussion and Help thread

Excellent! Another meaningless event for me to ignore! Can't wait.

Maybe they should focus on bug fixes and meaningful feature/QoL adds for a bit rather than adding an additional endless grind to their existing endless grind...

Smin1080p (Posted )

Bug fixing developers and those who work on event creation / model creation are entirely separate. We have weekly and daily bug fix patches and events do not come "instead of" or replace further fixes. Two entirely different parts of development.
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 7
medal medal

My main hope for this would be at least naval would be Rank II+ play this time, like the just completed Operation Summer was. The last crafting event (Future Technology) was Rank III+ for all, but before that these were always Rank II+ events.

The other thing I really didn't like about Future Tech was there was no "level 2 prize." You could only complete 1, 3 or 4 recipes, anyone who only got to 2 was really hurt by this and potentially put in a lot of effort for nothing. Today's first dev blog, as a rank 2 destroyer, would seem to be a good option for that kind of level 2 prize, so that may be promising in that regard.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'll be excited to see what they did with our feedback from the last crafting event and see if they made any positive changes, like being able to open more than 1 crate at a time and assemble more than 1 part at a time, surely after all these years of people complaining about it they'll improve upon it.. surely.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

The other thing I really didn't like about Future Tech was there was no "level 2 prize." You could only complete 1, 3 or 4 recipes, anyone who only got to 2 was really hurt by this and potentially put in a lot of effort for nothing. Today's first dev blog, as a rank 2 destroyer, would seem to be a good option for that kind of level 2 prize, so that may be promising in that regard.

Wait, I was hoping you could get away with crafting only two "orders/recipes" to get both of the base premium vehicles (and skip the event vehicles altogether).

I will not put myself through four, again, ever.

And to clarify my statement above regarding the rank II GB Destroyer, we had the Garland in BP season one (currently available for peanuts on the market) and the Jervis is in the current War Bond shop.

medal

8 minutes ago, vEEtEE said:

Wait, I was hoping you could get away with crafting only two "orders/recipes" to get both of the base premium vehicles (and skip the event vehicles altogether).

I will not put myself through four, again, ever.

And to clarify my statement above regarding the rank II GB Destroyer, we had the Garland in BP season one (currently available for peanuts on the market) and the Jervis is in the current War Bond shop.

It didn't hurt me, I pushed through to 4th level and got the 2 vehicles. But other people didn't realize there was no 2-recipe option at all, even though two of the vehicles only needed 1 recipe each. If they'd been told, even if they'd have played as much, they'd have thrown resources on the market and at least got GJN. As it was, because this wasn't made clear until after the event ended, it was all just wasted effort, and p***ed a lot of people off, rightly so.

The destroyer's a little different than what's there now, cause it has significantly less AA, but 4 main gun turrets instead of 3. In the end a boat's a boat, there's not that much difference between them all, when you really think about it. But a whole turret's worth of difference isn't exactly cut-and-paste, to my mind.

Edited by Bruce_R1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruce_R1 said:

It didn't hurt me, I pushed through to 4th level and got the 2 vehicles. But other people didn't realize there was no 2-recipe option at all, even though two of the vehicles only needed 1 recipe each. If they'd been told, even if they'd have played as much, they'd have thrown resources on the market and at least got GJN. As it was, because this wasn't made clear until after the event ended, it was all just wasted effort, and p***ed a lot of people off, rightly so.

In that case I will only grind one (and hopefully sell excess materials on the market into the hype)

medal

I know they must have a designated team for naval but why even bother with adding these worthless ships besides monetary gain. The mode's matches have 70% of teams using bots due to how low the naval player count is now. Not to mention: grinding naval vehicles is the worst experience imaginable for a F2P game. 

Either they make naval EC perm or give us PVE/PVP objective based missions (convoy protection/raiding and naval landing defense/offense) literally anything that is not the current boring-overdone deathmatch with capture points.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Bruce_R1 said:

My main hope for this would be at least naval would be Rank II+ play this time, like the just completed Operation Summer was. The last crafting event (Future Technology) was Rank III+ for all, but before that these were always Rank II+ events.

The problem I see with that is that I like to combine my efforts as efficiently as possible, having a rank II requirement for an event and a rank III for daily mediums can screw that up royally.

Especially when it is only one out of three game modes.

I experienced during Summer Landing that I used my rank II naval lineup only to find out that the task at hand required rank III, thus increasing my required playing time.

Edited by vEEtEE
medal

51 minutes ago, vEEtEE said:

The problem I see with that is that I like to combine my efforts as efficiently as possible, having a rank II requirement for an event and a rank III for daily mediums can screw that up royally.

Especially when it is only one out of three game modes.

I experienced during Summer Landing that used my rank II naval lineup only to find out that the task at hand required rank III, thus increasing my required playing time.

Sure, synergy's always good. But there's a lot of people don't care as much about BP as you (or I) do. If it's rank 2, all those players are also generating resources, just by play, and a lot of that gets dumped on the market for GJN. That has the overall effect of keeping crafting and vehicle prices for everybody else more affordable.

The first big event I did was Operation Shipyard, 2 years ago this Sept. I stopped at 1 boat and sold the resources. Made enough GJN to buy 2 more vehicles I wanted. Those first couple Gaijin events were onramps to get people like me deeper into the game. Pushing it to rank 3, among other changes, is really more about raising up the ladder behind us so a player like me 2 years ago doesn't have those opportunities anymore without paying real money.

Talking purely economically, pushing it to rank 3 was essentially something intended to inflate the price of the coupon vehicles on the marketplace. The argument at the time was since the top prize was a top level tank, it couldn't sell for cheap, and those rank 2 raw material prices would have driven that price down. I think that kind of focus on always keeping marketplace prices high, even to the point of them becoming runaway, is misplaced effort, a form of gatekeeping, and destructive in the long term to the game as a whole.

Edited by Bruce_R1

7 minutes ago, Miragen said:

Yet simultaneously they refuse to give coupons for vehicles meaning you get stuck with things you don't want, others cannot get what they want, and Gaijin misses out on transactions and manages to annoy everyone in the proces.

So, all the crafting event vehicles are normally couponable, I don't see that changing, because again there's marketplace sell-price implications that force them all to be coupons if one is. The summer/winter events and battlepass events tend to make their low-rank vehicles non-sellable. Since there has to be a reason for this, or the company wouldn't do it, the logical conclusion is they don't want cheap marketplace vehicles, where they only get a fraction of the value on each transaction, undermining their income from GE or shop sales for similar vehicles, where they get the whole real value. I imagine lower vehicle coupons are bought and played, not as much bought and then resold (so Gaijin gets a cut each time) as much as the high value ones are. And if you can buy the Garland for a dollar, why would you ever buy the inferior Verdun for $1.25? But yes, the result has been significantly less "starter"-level  Marketplace vehicles than there was even a year and a half ago. I bought HMS Spey for 8 GJN and the Martlet for 4, from the 12 GJN I made from crafting. At those prices those were amazing offers, well worth it. Anyone who buys either of those at today's prices for those same vehicles is doing it purely for collector value, which means they're probably an end-game long-term player, not someone new to the game. Again, it's gatekeeping, and advantaging the long-term players over the new and future arrivals.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

Sure, synergy's always good. But there's a lot of people don't care as much about BP as you (or I) do. If it's rank 2, all those players are also generating resources, just by play, and a lot of that gets dumped on the market for GJN. That has the overall effect of keeping crafting and vehicle prices for everybody else more affordable.

The first big event I did was Operation Shipyard, 2 years ago this Sept. I stopped at 1 boat and sold the resources. Made enough GJN to buy 2 more vehicles I wanted. Those first couple Gaijin events were onramps to get people like me deeper into the game. Pushing it to rank 3, among other changes, is really more about raising up the ladder behind us so a player like me 2 years doesn't have those opportunities anymore without paying real money.

Talking purely economically, pushing it to rank 3 was essentially something intended to inflate the price of the coupon vehicles on the marketplace. The argument at the time was since the top prize was a top level tank, it couldn't sell for cheap, and those rank 2 raw material prices would have driven that price down. I think that kind of focus on always keeping marketplace prices high, even to the point of them becoming runaway, is misplaced effort, a form of gatekeeping, and destructive in the long term to the game as a whole.

I don't disagree, but this game has layers upon layers of complexity that is increasingly more difficult to stay on top of the deeper you get.

There at least five different currencies ($, SL, GE, GJN, WB), multiple vehicle requirements (a mixture of BR & rank), game mode requirement differences (AB/RB/SB) plus the fact that none of the three battle types (Aviation/Ground/Naval) behave in a consistent manner.

That said, you could get the" Future Technology" base crafting premium vehicles for under 5 GJN at their lowest, so I will definitely be selling resources into hype for my sanity's sake (and the calculated hourly wages).

medal

1 hour ago, Bruce_R1 said:

So, all the crafting event vehicles are normally couponable, I don't see that changing, because again there's marketplace sell-price implications that force them all to be coupons if one is. The summer/winter events and battlepass events tend to make their low-rank vehicles non-sellable. Since there has to be a reason for this, or the company wouldn't do it, the logical conclusion is they don't want cheap marketplace vehicles, where they only get a fraction of the value on each transaction,  Again, it's gatekeeping, and advantaging the long-term players over the new and future arrivals.

The BP also just gets worse with each iteration, the moment the player base is even remotely positive about something it's an indication to Gaijin to tighten the thumbscrews, some more juice to be squeezed out of it.

What do you need to get to now, 125? They just casually added 50 extra levels on a 75 level grind because people weren't complaining yet, and for what? Fewer coupons, fewer market transactions, less player satisfaction.. sounds like a solid plan.

This game is now just stacking event after event, BP after BP, sometimes multiple things at once, copy paste tech trees, copy paste vehicles, copy paste events, entirely impossible for anyone to keep up with these horrible uncreative and lazy things that require you to dedicate your summer/winter life to it, but at least the crafting event will have different symbols this time to pretend it's not just the exact same thing as the previous 10 times we did this. 

Not to mention the obvious facts and twisting of arguments and facts to justify the increase in difficulty, how players on average get 5 kills in RB, how tanker tasks were too easy for events, how vehicles 'need' to be rare because reasons.

image.png.106216f2e6cd6f15db52e213fc8a84

Edited by Miragen

Stona (Posted )

Do Not: 1.1.1. Insult any forum members, Gaijin employee or forum staff. 1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas. This is "Export Order" event topic. Please STICK TO IT and stop with throwing "lies" accusations. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

It's another crafting/assembly event. Some players will like it, for various reasons, and some will not . . . again for various reasons. It is not mandatory, if you want to go for some/all of the vehicles, have at. If not then the Event is meaningless to you and nothing to worry about. They are not "easy" but doable. Some players have more time, others are more efficient and these events do not bother them as much as some other players. It's all personal preference and up to each player to decide about participation. While there does seem to be more & more to grind for with the addition of the BP, it is still up to the players to decide what they want to do. I mean most everyone is "grinding" for something anyway, so . .. .  getting paid/rewarded additionally above that is not really a bad thing. Play the vehicles types you enjoy & are good at, try to have fun and maybe not put too much pressure on yourself to make all these things happen all at once and most will be ok I think . . . to each his own. I personally prefer the "Task" events better, the tasks are "set" and you know what you have to do to acquire them. These crafting events have a bit of "luck of the draw" that seems to go against you at inopportune times . .. . lol, way of the world. I just like "collecting" things here, so any chance to add to that is ok . . .  but I do now look and see if they are vehicles I will play at some point, that is key anymore. Otherwise, I can sell off stuff and get other things. Example: I recently sold off a vehicle I got from an event, knowing I would not use it, got enough GE's that I was able to go in game, and using convertible RP(which everyone has plenty of!) and finish off 12 vehicles and bought them. So  . .  sell one, acquire 12 . . .  the collection grows  . ..  but that's just me. Do whatever you enjoy, have time for and don't stress these things . .  life is short . . . enjoy it

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, LeChance said:

It is not mandatory, if you want to go for some/all of the vehicles, have at. If not then the Event is meaningless to you and nothing to worry about. 

That's always easy to say but if you don't participate you'll miss out on a good number of vehicles and end up being at a competitive disadvantage, or have to grind more without premium vehicles, struggle more to build complete lineups etc.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Miragen said:

That's always easy to say but if you don't participate you'll miss out on a good number of vehicles and end up being at a competitive disadvantage, or have to grind more without premium vehicles, struggle more to build complete lineups etc.

Because the UK was really struggling for Rank II naval premiums. 

Based on the leak list, the most exclusive thing in this event is going to be the Swedish car. Oh no. A rank I premium. Have mercy upon us.

(It's a leopard, an F-5, the Tribal, and the M/39 or M/40)

medal

2 minutes ago, RuckusAndFun said:

It's fair to say there's nothing in this one you really need or is obviously meta out the gate. This is probably a good thing. Let the collectors collect. Everyone else can just feed them parts.

It's reasonable to presume from the leaks the 1-coupon prize will be the Swedish Rank 1 armored car, which is going to be both fun and irrelevant. Everyone who bothers will be able to get that. The choice will be between the Mohawk (rank II Brit destroyer, worth about 10 GJN in a year), the US F-5A (10.3, could easily go to 100 GJN) and the German Leo 2 prototype with autoloader (9.7, probably 75 GJN in a year). Or you just chillax and collect and sell the raw parts for 10 cents a pop and buy something nice for yourself sometime. Pick one of those four choices, plan and execute.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, RuckusAndFun said:

Because the UK was really struggling for Rank II naval premiums. 

Based on the leak list, the most exclusive thing in this event is going to be the Swedish car. Oh no. A rank I premium. Have mercy upon us.

Maybe, maybe not, but don't pretend the rewards have always been irrelevant.

• vEEtEE changed the title to [EVENT] “Export Order" Crafting Event Discussion and Help Thread