War Thunder "Direct Hit - Changelog

OrsonES

Not of a fan of the fact that individual gun reticles are on the bottom to indicate when the guns are in the correct firing arc. Before you turn your ship to get the gun reticles on target just enough to firing and not any more turning to maintain good angling. As you turned you could the reticles swinging on target. Now you have to watch the reticles on the bottom of the screen to know if they are aiming on target by their colour. Much harder to know when exactly they are on target so you can stop turning and maintain angling. I do like the fact you can see each cool down timer for each gun separately. That was welcomed.

medal medal medal medal

-MiG-27 missing SAS modes, is this intentional?

-All jets fuel consumption even outside of afterburner seems to be too high. I can run a mig-23m out of a full tank 35minutes in under 5 minutes of afterburning.

-taking off has some weird glitching as it I was desynchronized from the server, rubber banding not only position but also parameter such as AoA gauges, G gauges,  throttle % gauges, and other things in cockpits

medal medal medal medal

Anyone know what this means?

F-4E — AIM-7E-2 missile has been added with Dogfight melee mode.

What is "Dogfight melee mode"?

13 hours ago, potato_R_us said:

Oi

Parece que no Ground RB você não pode mais marcar uma posição inimiga no mapa como costumava fazer. A voz declara "atenção à zona de grade marcada" etc, mas nenhuma marca aparece, nem para você nem para qualquer outro jogador.

Frustrante

This got terrible and makes it harder instead of getting better. Totally unnecessary. And I didn't understand that 'lighthouse' on the mini map without any use.

Can we get an option to turn off the new aiming system and go back to the old system? I can't aim with new system. Seems no matter where I point the "computer" decides where to shoot. This is in AB. I don't know about RB but I assume it's the same. It's getting to the point that I can't play naval anymore as it's too annoying and I can't aim properly. Before I could make corrections after seeing where my shots land. Now with this lead indicator, the wonky aiming, the seemly aiming of guns that have a mind of their own I can't do any corrections. Who thought this was a good idea? Really. I want to know. I don't remember anybody complaining about the aiming system as it was before. Or maybe this is a way to get people to stop playing naval because it has a low player base and is not profitable.

Edited by Dalless
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Oeilduciel said:

I want to ask why the crusader F-8E (FN) has a repair cost superior to the F8-E? (F-8E (FN): 2530 / F8-E: 1880)

We have the same plane in two nations released today with the F8-E being the superior version.

Somehow, we ended up to have a french plane with a repair cost superior to the american one while having far less weapons (even if it's historically acurate).

It was the same with the F-84F and the F-100D: A higher repair cost than the american one.

Matra Magics

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Drop the T25 to 5.7.

It is slower than most medium tanks, it is far less armored than the Pershing and it isn't better than the Panthers, which all sit in a lower BR.

Without the stabilizer it isn't even worth of 6.0, let alone 6.3.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

@Smin1080p Any reason the Begleitpanzer 57 only had the bug reports regarding its incorrect engine fixed but the other ones regarding the missing ammo capacity, stabilizer  and incorrect shell weights + explosive filler did not get implemented. Thanks

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Tuxee said:

Ok. So....

Bugs so far

• No more grass in ground battles
  • Huge black something in the sky on the Carpathians map
  • "Attention to..." no longer shows an indicator on the map
  • One round in air arcade had me without showing any enemies - they were there, downing me, but both the roster and the sky was empty for me
  • Minor glitches like eternally burning chopper parts in the sky

Bummer since it was running oh so nicely for the last few weeks.

Don't forget...

●when target planes respawn in the test drive, they crash

●all planes seem to be burning fuel like rockets,,, like for example an A7M2 with 20min of fuel becomes 13mins due to a speedy fuel timer

medal

15 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

RoF has always been a middle ground between source material and balance. 

Then why are the ZTZ99s the slowest loading top tier MBTs in-game when they're  pretty much like T-72s with larger weakspots, especially the 1st variant?

Edit: praise the snail, it's finally 7.1s now

Edited by NAYEONnaise
medal

All fine and dandy, love the new effects and especially the sounds are amazing, punchy, meaty sounds.I still prefer the old 23mm sounds from two major patches ago.

Can you add all the sounds, old/new from the beginning of the game up until now as packs or somethting?

Also, we are in desperate need for a BR decompression....everyone is begging you to and we all know it will make things better, why not just do it? I think everyone would happily wait 10-15 seconds more in queue if it means i don't get stomped by unfair BR

medal medal medal medal

Is there any word on a hotfix soon?

Some pretty major bugs are around, the main ones for me are stupid high fuel consumption and micro lag jumps and stutters every 2 seconds or so, throwing off aim and causing lots of ghost shots. I've heard reports that sound is completely bugged for some people too.

medal medal

14 hours ago, Zach_chatOban said:

Top tier jets is a mess, whether its the teams rushing to grind out their respective jets or the implementation of all aspect missiles. To be honest the R-60M is a great example of the massive power creep issue. The Mig-23M was already a decent aircraft which performed much better than any historical records I have seen, but 30G all aspect missiles is a bit much to counter AIM-7E-2's which keep in mind, on jets like the US Phantom E are kind of pointless; At high altitude where the radar actually works, jets struggle to pull anywhere close to the G loads to dodge a 15 G missiles. This leaves the E-2's "dogfight" ability to extend the missiles ability to altitudes where planes could out pull an E-1, except the radar literally does not work at any altitude to take advantage of the E-2's extra maneuverability. When you compare this to the Soviet buff, which arguably fits the "meta" of jets significantly better along with the improved controls of the Mig-23M it makes the already bloated and generally unreliable phantoms even worse. - This excludes the phantoms with doppler radars, where in their case this is a balanced addition (with the obvious power creep). 

im pretty sure that you havent play the mig 23 bc it  wasnt a decent aircraft like you say, it was already one of the worst performing aircraft at 11.0, where the only area where it was decent is on the sustained dogfigh, keep in mind that the r60m has just 2km of frontal aspect, and at the end has the same performance and flare affinity than the regular r60, btw even crappy radar can give you a firing solution at 2-3 km unless youre aiming directly to the ground, and remember that the f4e isnt the only aircraft from 11.0 there are other 4 planes with dp radars with 25gs missiles, and that is a huge advantage,  so no the r60m isnt as power creep as the aim 7e 2 / skyflash, 

about the historical records that you mentions.... most say that the mig 23 had a quite good acceleration which is far from the game, plus it is still missing 2tns of thrust, and keep in mind that the s and m model have different wings so the g overload problem is not as bad as the standar variant, another thing that is still underperforming is the r23 wich should have 20g, not 15 like we have in game.

PS the f4e is still better than the mig 23 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Played SB sicily earlier and had a problem spotting planes in VR. They seem to render in and out of existence at times and appear very faint. Found my eyes working alot harder to spot than pre update. Not sure if it's just me or if anyone else has noticed?

14 hours ago, Shadow__CZ said:

@Smin1080p do you have any info on the new naval FCS? Because it completly different from what was on dev, release video or changelog. Is it a bug or some stopgap solution?

The Dev version

The update video version:

Current live version:

I think it's bugged as I have to aim away from circle to actually get hits

medal

Not the best update for me, just "OK")

Positive:

- new water effects (even with my poor graphics looks better);

- finally belts for contraereo;

- new vehicles (my favorites are Leone scout and Japanese fast boi);

- more powerful AAMs (making a way for AIM-9L);

- new FCS for Navy (though I see some people dislike it);

Negative:

- still no top tier jet for Italy despite a historical nerf to the only 10.3, gib ASA, temporary with AIM-9J at least (solved);

- still no changes to helicopters EC;

- second update in a row concentrated around Soviet stuff, it's starting to get boring;

- very strange BR assignments in naval department, Leone for example, how is it 4.7 with its rate of fire?;

Edited by _Condottiero_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Assets disappear when moving out from the player now equal for all (not depending on graphics settings).

You wrote this in a deceiving manner. Looks like ULQ is a problem of the past but it's not: ULQ players still not have their visual clogged by dust and rain. They still can aim even through the tick smoke of a destroyed tank.

So no: ULQ problem is still to be resolved but you're a step forward, at least, for now.

I've set the ULQ mode just to check it out and it was like it used to be: happy spotting, both from ground and air.

Edited by Pirillo
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, Firov said:

The JA37 used its onboard computer (CD107) to calculate the distance and velocity of a target, the autopilot was slaved to the computer, and it would fly the aircraft so the gun was aligned with the flight path of the target. This is also why the Viggen historically only had non-tracer rounds. It was expected that the computer would aim the guns.

On the dev server, this was seemingly abstracted with the radar lock lead indicator, which was hardly overpowered, and was honestly a bit finicky, but it at least mostly worked well enough to get around only having "stealth" rounds. However,  that lead indicator has now been ahistorically removed, which leaves the Viggen with a considerable handicap that no other aircraft has. The gun was meant to be used *with* the computer. Can you either restore the historical lead indicator or give it tracer rounds?

and also remove RB24s as stock since only the AJ variant loaded those, 24Js is what stock should've been

medal medal medal medal