EAC Violation mac_app.zip

I can't load in to a match, this keeps happening.

I was running fine a few hours ago, as I always did before. Always have EAC activated.

I ran the EAC setup executable in my steamapps/common/war thunder/eac folder. It still happened.

Help?

EAC Error.JPG

Edited by jros1983

TheElite96 (Posted )

Moved to Community Technical Support.
  • Like 2

5 times in a row now. Using the launcher updater to launch. No update through Steam itself or the launcher. Every time I try to join a match I get kicked with this

I'm not even on a Mac...! And I've searched for this "mac_app.zip" file and there is none on my system.

Edited by jros1983
  • Like 2

@jros1983 I'm a PC user, so I'm not familiar with any of those Mac issues. Still, restart Steam. Then using Steam, right click War Thunder → Properties → Local Files → Verify integrity of game files. Run the game, then come back in. That should fix any corrupted files. If it persists then I'm not sure. Is EAC saying anything, like what type of problem it's having an error code or such ?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, SturmWerwolf said:

@jros1983 I'm a PC user, so I'm not familiar with any of those Mac issues. Still, restart Steam. Then using Steam, right click War Thunder → Properties → Local Files → Verify integrity of game files. Run the game, then come back in. That should fix any corrupted files. If it persists then I'm not sure. Is EAC saying anything, like what type of problem it's having an error code or such ?

I tried the obvious first before I posted but thank you. It's a War Thunder/EAC crash. It just crashes out with a window telling me "EAC Violation unknown version mac_app.zip."

Let's assume from this point forward I've already done the usual "fixes."

• Like 1

I'm having the exact same problem - things were working fine in the morning, then I tried to play a match 1 hour ago and got kicked out of games with the same error. The map loads, then just before the spawn options screen, the game crashes to Windows with "Unknown file version (mac_app.zip). Running on Windows 10 x64 through Steam.

Currently on metered connection, will try to delete-reinstall game tomorrow evening.

Edited by xxWarbloodxx
  • Like 1
medal medal

Having the same issue. Can start game just fine and get to the menu. Once I click Play, it finds a match and starts to load the map for that match. After about 15 seconds it then closes war thunder and gives the pop up shown. I was playing war thunder completely fine yesterday but now today this is what's happening. Didn't update anything and didn't change any setting. Im on windows 10 playing on the steam verison. I've reinstalled war thunder, reinstalled and repaired the EAC in local files on steam, and I have also verified the integrity of the files on steam. I play on a XPS 15 7590. Nothing I can really do from here accept ask for help.

eac.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bj00216 said:

I'm also having the same problem, but funny thing is that I am not using a MAC device.

Ok, so I kind of solved the issue. Here are the methods I tried.

1. Delete the Steam web browser cache 

2. Turned off the Nvidia Highlight

3. Turned off my vaccine program(Bit Defender)

4. Integrity check.(downloaded 2 missing files).

medal medal

Like above, I first searched for the exact file in my system "mac_app.zip". Once the file was found I deleted it. Then I verified the game file integrity through steam and game properties. The process redownloaded 2 files and I was able to get into games with zero issue.

On 04/09/2021 at 15:42, GamerOmteen said:

I got solution now search file ,  I search file in computer file and delete it. Now I can play

This worked for me - did not verify any files either. The zip file in question I believe is in the main War Thunder folder. The game should not be running (if that doesn't work, might want to try safe mode), simply delete the file and run the game - should be able to join games after that.

EDIT 07.09.2021: The problem occurred again after the Direct Hit update. The mac_app.zip file can be found under steamapps>Common>War Thunder. Deleting it again has resolved the issue again.

Edited by xxWarbloodxx
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

i had the same issue yesterday, i deleted the file and could play again.

but today i opened up the game again and the issue returned again.

i would really appreciated a permanent fix instead of checking the files every time before i could play

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

It would be nice to get a permanent fix for this. Please Gaijing get it done in the next version of "It's fixed".

Does anyone have any idea why this bug occurs?

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, CheesHead said:

It would be nice to get a permanent fix for this. Please Gaijing get it done in the next version of "It's fixed".

Does anyone have any idea why this bug occurs?

I have the suspicion that it occurs because I always launched the manual game update in Steam and yesterday when the patch dropped I downloaded it quite early when steam did not even recognize the update yet. Anyway I had to re-doawnload in steam a few hours later again. My guess is because I downloaded it first manually and then again over steam, it compromized this mac_app.zip file. No Idea if that is actually the reason. But if I get the error tomorrow again, I will uninstall and re-install the game and do the propper Steam download. After fixing it once today and shutting down my computer and re-login, the error occured again... so lets see tomorrow.

15 hours ago, tabanne said:

I have the suspicion that it occurs because I always launched the manual game update in Steam and yesterday when the patch dropped I downloaded it quite early when steam did not even recognize the update yet. Anyway I had to re-doawnload in steam a few hours later again. My guess is because I downloaded it first manually and then again over steam, it compromized this mac_app.zip file. No Idea if that is actually the reason. But if I get the error tomorrow again, I will uninstall and re-install the game and do the propper Steam download. After fixing it once today and shutting down my computer and re-login, the error occured again... so lets see tomorrow.

So I don't know. Today without re-installing it worked after the computer was shut down over night. Weird but ok, as long as it works.