An occasional second bugged shadow follow the vehicle

Game version 2.7.218 (PC - Steam)

Description

Hello dear tech team,

Since the last major update, other players and I experience a shadow bug where, during some seconds, you can spot a second and bugged-looking shadow following the vehicle during some seconds. It was not here before last major update. I say the bug is occasional because first, it doesn't happen every game, and second, because it lasts only some seconds before cease.

Steps to reproduce the issue

Absolutely no idea, it's the first time I manage to video record it, you may see it happens during only some seconds before cease and disappear until the next time. Clearing the cache doesn't correct it, as I clear it often and clean re-install my game after every major update.

Additional Information

As it's a graphic bug, I'm sure you will enjoy more details, so I play the game in 1440p with max settings and you will hardware & OS informations provided in the DxDiag (and yes, the graphic driver is up-to-date). Here come the video record of the bug, as promised:

Affected vehicles

• Probably any ground vehicle.
  • Almost sure the bug doesn't exist in Air battles.

Please find required files attached to this bug report (dxdiag, clog, local replay).

Kind regards :salute:

DxDiag.txt 2021_08_26_22_50_42__30568.clog replay_shadow_bug.wrpl

Edited by GISamurai
Last details added, good for submission o7
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• GISamurai changed the title to An occasional second bugged shadow follow the vehicle

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

We will investigate, test and get back to you shortly,

Cheers,

Technical Moderation Team

• Thanks 1

On 28/08/2021 at 00:15, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

We will investigate, test and get back to you shortly,

Cheers,

Technical Moderation Team

Okay super.

It happens very often but it's very HARD to record it since you can't predict when it occurs. Also, I confirm the bug also happen in planes sometimes when you fly close to the ground.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have been unable to replicate this at all.

shot 2021.08.29 13.49.19.jpg shot 2021.08.29 13.50.44.jpg shot 2021.08.29 18.04.53.jpg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

I have been unable to replicate this at all.

shot 2021.08.29 13.49.19.jpg shot 2021.08.29 13.50.44.jpg shot 2021.08.29 18.04.53.jpg

As said:

On 31/08/2021 at 09:13, GISamurai said:

it's very HARD to record it since you can't predict when it occurs

I would suspect it is a comms issue then.  Otherwise, the code would produce it all the time. 

But I have played a great many games where I have been looking for it and cannot replicate it.

3 hours ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

I would suspect it is a comms issue then.  Otherwise, the code would produce it all the time. 

But I have played a great many games where I have been looking for it and cannot replicate it.

Can't say anything else except that I haven't got this before the last major update.

Thanks.

I will play some more games to see.  However, I have been watching this with all the Ground Forces games I am playing and I cannot replicate it.

If after 10 games I cannot replicate it, I will close it and keep an eye out for it again, to see if I can determine the cause.  But at this stage my bet would be on a bad comms issue.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Thanks.

I will play some more games to see.  However, I have been watching this with all the Ground Forces games I am playing and I cannot replicate it.

If after 10 games I cannot replicate it, I will close it and keep an eye out for it again, to see if I can determine the cause.  But at this stage my bet would be on a bad comms issue.

Ok that's cool. 

Just to let you know, I forwarded the bug to a dev (what a luck to have one in my squadron) so he's now aware of the problem. 

Maybe he could help? 

Regards

Edited by GISamurai
Typo fix

Hey @KnightoftheAbyss,

Just catched it another time:

It happened on my first game after launch, so the attached files are lighter.

Regards

2021_09_13_14_33_14__24712.clog #2021.09.13 14.55.45.wrpl DxDiag.txt