Single cap maps

Revan131

who thinks this garbage is fun?   i mean the maps in this game are pretty much terrible as a whole but to take these terrible maps and them make then into single cap maps... and then make pretty much every damn game at higher BRs single cap maps....  NOT FUN.    i feel like gaijin does stuff like this intentionally.   they know its terrible but they get a laugh out of frustrating players...  or maybe they think its how they can make money,  just make the game so unpleasant that people will pay money somehow.  IDK but this event more than any other is just making me realize how so many things or about this game are just TERRIBLE and i think they make these things terrible on purpose.   or maybe i have finally just got sick of the game in general. 

edit:  forgot to mention... im just going to quit out of every single cap map from this point on.   sorry for people who need wins but i am done with these maps.

Edited by Revan131
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

I used to think the same way. On some maps a single cap is actually quite fun; not everyone lemming rushes for caps and you get flanking/territorial play. However, there are other maps that just suck with one cap.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

It sucks when it's a big map and the one cap is on one side of the map and not in the middle, it's like "we have this great map we don't want you to explore" kind of feeling.

40 minutes ago, Catskinner said:

I used to think the same way. On some maps a single cap is actually quite fun; not everyone lemming rushes for caps and you get flanking/territorial play. However, there are other maps that just suck with one cap.

Exactly so.   The annoying bit is getting a string of 5 or so in a row.    It gets old.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Revan131 said:

i feel like gaijin does stuff like this intentionally.

I'm pretty sure they did once we started having capping point event tasks. With a single cap it's way harder to do those kind of tasks. But the biggest problem is the kind of gameplay those maps create.

1 hour ago, Revan131 said:

forgot to mention... im just going to quit out of every single cap map from this point on.   sorry for people who need wins but i am done with these maps.

In some of them I instantly leave the battle, in the rest I usually regret spawning in.

25 minutes ago, Valcour said:

The annoying bit is getting a string of 5 or so in a row.

Especially during events where you have tasks related to cap points.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Single cap point maps in Arcade are War Thunders version of run & gun. Always turns into a fat tank slug fest and half the team trying to spawn hunt on both sides.

Kiddie maps ..... 

• 2 weeks later...

the only time single cap not being "Battle", should be if player numbers are low and a smaller map is used, to prevent people never running into enemies.

with an average of 80k people during events, this doesn't need to happen that often. as mentioned i also felt it happened way worse during the summer event were you need to Cap, in the past.

they changed it to shoot enemies while in cap, which in most cap's can't be done due to terrain or other features.

the single cap maps turn into a trigger-happy mess with so many tanks concentrated on a single section, that anyone exposed it fired upon by multiple enemies.

And these maps also encourage "skilled" players to circumvent the action and go spawn-camping.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/08/2021 at 17:41, sir_skynets said:

It sucks when it's a big map and the one cap is on one side of the map and not in the middle, it's like "we have this great map we don't want you to explore" kind of feeling.

more like, all the enemy are in heavies in and around the cap, and my team is over there camping at where "c" would be on a 3 cap map...

• Like 1