[WIP] F-86F and MiG-15bis updated high poly models

I am working with @bobpie1 on new models for both the F-86F and MiG-15bis. The project is intended to create models that meet the modern standard for detail and accuracy to replace the current models in War Thunder. I have been working on the F-86F model on my own with feedback from Bobpie and he has been working on the MiG-15bis model with with my feedback a bit of my direct contributions in a few cases. Bobpie will be texturing both models when we finish up the modeling and UV mapping. These models will likely be the basis for other variants of each series such as the F-86A-5, F-86F-2, F-86F-40, CL-13A Mk.5, CL-13B Mk.6, MiG-15, and MiG-15bis ISH, and maybe more sometime down the line.

I will be finishing the majority of the F-86 model and it's primary details before returning to the XP-67. Upon the completion of the XP-67, I will eventually return to the F-86 to work out the finer details that cannot be seen from walking around the aircraft without close inspection.

(F-86 renders in this post are not up to date and MiG-15 renders will be added within the next few days)

728047882_F-86leftquarterfront.thumb.jpg

1513512736_F-86rightquarterback.thumb.jp

1941553067_F-86rightquarterfront.thumb.j

1067341111_F-86leftquaterback.thumb.jpg.

288032356_F-86front.thumb.jpg.6a262bdea5

1138056740_F-86back.thumb.jpg.6938faceab

Edited by PickleJarOfDeath
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal

• PickleJarOfDeath changed the title to [WIP] F-86F and MiG-15bis updated high poly models
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2021 at 08:18, BakerOne said:

Super cool, can't wait to see the finished product!

22 hours ago, BittirONE04 said:

Thanks so Much! :)

Your anticipation is much appreciated!

I actually was able to buy a 3D photo scan of the F-86 off of a 3D artist by the name of Ronnie Olsthoorn. The scan is kind of crunchy looking and somewhat swiss cheese like but it is great for correcting my model.

Here is Ronnie's website: http://www.digitalaviationart.com/skyraider3d/

Sabre renders and a screenshot of the scan reference will be provided momentarily.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, [email protected] said:

How far has the project gone? Can we expect it next update (December)?

Definitely not that soon. I'll have to talk to Bobpie to get us back to work on this. I've had to stop due to the fact that I need to focus on my academics. Over winter break we will probably get back to work on this.

16 hours ago, PickleJarOfDeath said:

Definitely not that soon. I'll have to talk to Bobpie to get us back to work on this. I've had to stop due to the fact that I need to focus on my academics. Over winter break we will probably get back to work on this.

That's completely understandable. Wish you the best. 

medal