Server Update 29.07.2021

Navy%201%20USSR%20Red_6b4991626fb32775a5

• Changes in the calculation of Research Points for victory/participation in missions, in accordance with the new activity formula for game modes with multiple respawns (all major game modes except aircraft RB), have been implemented.
  • The parameters of the activity calculation for coastal fleet game sessions have been adjusted.
  • The respawn scores and timer for respawn mechanics have been disabled in aircraft SB.
  • Sd.Kfz.251/22 - Battle rating in all game modes has been changed from 3.3 to 3.0.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Vonarian_IR said:

:mitraljez:

Thank you so much!:salute:

well, I am not so hyped about it - imagine EC4 being just full of P-59 or P-51H or EC3 full of MB5 ... yeah, balanced as hell :facepalm:

and to be fair, each EC have OP plane that will now be abused beyond belief. Current BRs are not ready for this move.
IMO it's a big mistake (at least in current state of game) despite the fact that some people wanted it to happen to be able to club in their fav toy.
Same will go for zombers now using best bomber in rank to do what they did all day

let me clarify - removal of spawn point and timers at the same time w/o substantial adjustment of BRs is A TERRIBLE IDEAa

EDIT
we are also basically back to Be6, Me264, Ju288, A2D, canberra, etc spam days - thx GJ sure way to "improve balance"  ;)

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal

• Changes in the calculation of Research Points for victory/participation in missions, in accordance with the new activity formula for game modes with multiple respawns (all major game modes except aircraft RB), have been implemented

Do you mean 'Tank-ship rb mode research awards were fixed.' ?

Edited by _Lethe_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So there really was an issue huh

Thanks a lot for fixing it 

o7

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@Stona

More detailed opinion on change:
Disabling respawn lock timers is good  - almost nobody liked those locks.
Most players I've talked about it think that SP restrictions are enough.

About disabled SP restriction - right now some "top planes" in EC BR setups may be too strong to be flown without any restrictions.
We have two possible ways to counter it:
- Better balance inside EC BR setups (move imbas to higher EC tier).
- Enable SP restriction back, while keeping timer lock disabled. Give each player good amount of SP at start (let's say 250 or 300).

Edited by HOPPING_PONY
medal

26 minutes ago, HOPPING_PONY said:

Thank you for disabling timers in EC!

We asked for this for years!

Will fly sim EC today to test new economy setup too.

:good:

I’ve know idea what this even means. Can some one explain it in Irish for me ☘️ 

15 minutes ago, Drogo_joystick said:

you can spam any plane - like P-51H or P-59 in EC4.

Good luck playing Germany there

EDIT
my body is ready:
2021-07-29_14h22_22.png
2021-07-29_14h23_59.png

2021-07-29_14h24_41.png

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• The respawn scores and timer for respawn mechanics have been disabled in aircraft SB.

This will be a terrible idea in terms of balance and will make most of the planes worthless to play
Nobody likes long lockout timers but some restrictions are needed ...
Bring back the SP cost, and put a shorter lockout timer like 1-5 min (5 min for top planes) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Drogo_joystick said:

If you died in a plane above the minimum BR for that EC rank you had to wait a certain amount of time before you can use a plane of the same BR or higher.

Now if you die and have the SP for another plane you should just be able to spawn in it instantly. Really good decision.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

The respawn scores and timer for respawn mechanics have been disabled in aircraft SB.

This... 'can' be good. 

1 hour ago, Stona said:

The respawn scores (SP)  for respawn mechanics have been disabled in aircraft SB.

But this is absolutely game breaking. 100%. Every single Enduring Confrontation will become much more hostile to the novice and or unexperienced player. Not only that, it will also become extremely unbalanced. For everyone.
Biplanes are essentially killed on [1]EC; FW190A1 will reign supreme on [2]EC; Harriers, whose battle rating being 9.3 is already an absurd on itself, will essentially kill [6]EC... 

Not only this is extremely bad for the game, i believe it's also extremely bad for business .
For example - i myself was considering buying the British Premium Hunter FGA.9 (9.7) and Harrier GR.1(10.0), because they were good starters for [7]EC. Likewise, i was planning on buying the premium Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper, because, at 8.0, it's a great [6]EC starter.
Simulator Enduring Confrontation is great place for premium aircraft, they have this extra appeal that is the place they're situated on the EC battle rating range. Gaijin should explore that.

Now that there is no such thing as a 'starter' anymore, everything that is not at the top battle rating became useless, plain and simple. It's not worth it.
Most premium aircraft became useless. There's no point in buying (or even flying) anything that isn't 11.0 for [7]EC; no point in buying anything that isn't 9.3 for [6]EC; no point in buying anything that isn't 7.7 for [5]EC; no point in buying anything that isn't 6.3 for [4]EC; no point in buying anything that isn't 4.7 for [3]EC...  

And if there is no point on buying anything that isn't 'at the top', there is also no reason to create diverse lineups. This translates into less crew slots being used, less crew slots being bought, less crew training, fewer aircraft requiring Ace crew status, less modifications to buy, so on and so forth. 

This update should be partially reverted.
It would be good to have the Timer removed (or reduced), but with the SP cost to balance things.

• Upvote 5
medal

Congratulations. Variety is dead. All that will be flown now is the best plane at every given tier. ESPECIALLY top tier. missile spam fest which nothing other than another 11.0 will survive. Awesome job you killed top tier EC and turned it into a deathmatch.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Drogo_joystick said:

That means I can join for example SB EC6 and spam the F11F or F3H as much as I want until the enemy team quits because other planes won't be really be able to counter it if someone competent is flying the Tiger or Demon, there's also the premium Harrier with AIM-9G which are very hard to dodge and that plane's performance is also very good.

You can also spam the P-51H in EC4 (good luck with trying to counter it when you fly anything German or Russian), or spam the MB.5 in EC3, or the F4u-1a in EC2.

Overall it's a terrible change and will make people abuse OP planes in every EC. They should have at least kept the Spawn Points system.

Edited by RideR2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, przybysz86 said:

you can spam any plane - like P-51H or P-59 in EC4.

Good luck playing Germany there

EDIT
my body is ready:
2021-07-29_14h22_22.png
2021-07-29_14h23_59.png

2021-07-29_14h24_41.png

Still don’t get it. What is ‘spamming a plane’. Forgive my ignorance. I’m not great with gaming terminology. 

Edited by Drogo_joystick

1 hour ago, sudo__su said:

Please bring back at least the SP requirements for SB.
In addition to the SP cost, A small timer like, 5 min for top planes, can be beneficial as well. 

Agree on this.

Capabilities between top and bottom BR planes in an EC is huge, removing SP requirement is a bad idea.

Agree on smaller timers to prevent spam of top BR planes for players with large amounts of SP, I would say 10 min for top BR in an EC, 5 min for mid BR.

• Upvote 1
medal

I can't say I like seeing the SB timers go away.....I mean, I get kind of how they can screw with the game balance in the game....but now if you don't have a top tier plane, why even try if you're going to get relentlessly hunted by MiG-23's and F-5E's?  I would cut the timers down by 1/3 and leave them in...and only make them count for individual aircraft.   

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you Papa Gaijin! Adel loves you!

Make place for the EC2-3-4 God!

I don't need P-51A anymore because god gave me P-51C for EC3 and A-36 for EC2! LOVE YOU!

Thank you after making me beg for P-51A for almost 5 years and eventually making my dreams real <3 

What is better than P-51A? P-51C oh god. You are awesome!

@StonaMy best regards I am done with my life purpose. 

_118283916_b19c5a1f-162b-410b-8169-f58f0

Edited by AdelWolf
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

• Sd.Kfz.251/22 - Battle rating in all game modes has been changed from 3.3 to 3.0.

Now this is a pleasant surprise, based on some early YouTube reviews I honestly thought it would go up instead of down.

Edited by qpranger
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Removing SP cost from spawning in sim ec is not a good move. 

1. Zombers will come back as they can use now again their fav zomber machine

2. all lineups are unbalnced when everyone can spawn everything in the br range. 

its an absolute bad bad move.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal