Achilles going to tier 2, and my Opinion on It

Hello Everyone today I will be giving my general review and opinions on the Achilles TD which as of late was dropped down to tier 2 of the British TT as well as dropped to 3.3...

Overall this might seem as a rant but I found this change unneeded and could have gone to other changes rather than the dropping of this to tier 2

Firstly I have been someone who has played the Achilles for some time it filled many of my tier 3 lineups for events and regular matches when I wanted to play 3.7-5.7 ( I attached my personal stats for the Tank in the two Images below)

247663132_Achilliesmyvehicle.thumb.jpg.8 594865426_MyStatsforAchilles.thumb.jpg.e

The Achilles to anyone who has played it was the counter to event spammed heavy tanks such as Kv1B's and Kv1E heavy tanks with the 17pdr, but also unlike alternatives like the Avenger it had a Top mount 50 Cal, this was useful at killing R3 T20's at the BR and due to the change of dropping it down to tier 2 the British TT now effectively has no SPG/TD till tier 4 Unless you have premiums such as the Ram OF or the Premium Achilles (remains at tier 3)  

Secondly I found with the overall "Thunderskill" stats that the Vehicle actually preformed decently for example I attached the stats for 3 vehicles the Achilles TT variant being the first, to the right of that the Premium version which has a Insane KD ratio of 10.4 even the TT version has a respected KD ratio of 2.31 which shows that these vehicles are working as Intended and killing... Though both Win rates are below average, this is a common trend with most British vehicles at this BR bracket though having below 50%, For example I attached the Average Churchill Mk7 stats and to the right of that my personal stats for the Mk7 for comparison.

What I'm trying to say is that well the vehicle performed greatly in the hands of people that know what they are doing but sadly most people that touch the vehicle fall into the starter Ace trap, myself being the same.

Another big point I would like to bring is the TT and premium variant, now these both have been dropped to 3.3 but as mentioned the Premium version remains at tier 3, this seems BS in my opinion considering the vehicle is removed from sale and usually has to be purchased during the Invasion of Normandy dates of the year. As mentioned the Premium Achilles is Certainly killing with players who play it making it work, the result being the 10.4 KD ratio. And it seems unfair that the premium version can still grind events when In my opinion (take it with a grain of salt) Is better than the TT version in terms of stats, because It's touched by more experienced players.

909741944_AchilliesTT.thumb.jpg.6d3acba8 1705082057_PremAchillies.thumb.jpg.99365 Churchill.thumb.jpg.f40d7ecd1d018d8bb165 image.thumb.png.75c7ade628f6afac0ae09449

Anyway this is somewhat of rant now but like It fuels me with anger to see this vehicle get dropped down to rank 2 because It was one of the vehicles I had the most fun with in the British TT and It was a joy to grind the events with also, Maybe the next economy update if the stats get better It goes back where it belongs, but that's a story for another day.

• Upvote 1

I feel with you. Gajin could just remove all rank I and II units for good....they're useless. Means if a unit gets nerfed below rank III its literally removed from the game.

Edited by Thodin
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Thodin said:

I feel with you. Gajin could just remove all rank I and II units for good....they're useless. Means if a unit gets nerfed below rank III its literally removed from the game.

Some of the most fun tanks are Tier 1 and 2....

• Upvote 2
medal medal

21 hours ago, KillstealBot1000 said:

What's the problem with Rank II? BR changes, OK, it's understandable to get annoyed, but who cares for Rank changes?

Well my problem is that I can no longer grind events and BP tasks with the TT version. It's like the Panzer 4 G except In this case you don't have an Alternative unless It's the premium Achilles which remains at tier 3 like Imagine If the R3 T20 was rank 2, the backlash would be nuts because nothing else can do the task It can do, Like the Achilles since the Avenger was changed to a TD was the only rank 3 TD aside from the Premium Achilles and QF Ram so it really limits what you can bring to the table.

And yes I do enjoy playing rank 2 & 1 vehicles but the problem is the restrictions placed on them when you want to play, say the battle pass or as mentioned a big event.

Especially now when my schedule is more packed I want to play what I like and get my Battle pass done ASAP...

Like It's less of a hassle when you can knock two birds with one stone.

Edited by Light_it_up
  • Upvote 2

On 23/07/2021 at 09:44, KillstealBot1000 said:

but who cares for Rank changes?

Problem whit changing it to R2 is that you can no longer use it for warbonds or events as all those need R3 or higher stuff.
For me at least I would rather keep its old 4.0BR and keep it a R3 tank(same whit pz4G)

Edited by KB_Martinsen
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, KB_Martinsen said:

Problem whit changing it to R2 is that you can no longer use it for warbonds or events as all those need R3 or higher stuff.
For me at least I would rather keep its old 4.0BR and keep it a R3 tank(same whit pz4G)

Honestly, I don't understand the changes. But I don't understand much of what Gaijin does

• Thanks 1
medal medal

33 minutes ago, KB_Martinsen said:

It some times feels like they roll a dice 1 or 2 it goes down, 3, 4 it stays and 5,6 it goes up.

except with British repair costs, they always go up

medal medal