Server Update 22.07.2021

Aircraft%202%20China%20Red_db0820baf54f0

Economy

Ground vehicles

• M8 HMC 一 Has been moved to rank I and placed before the M3 GMC.
  • JPz 4-5 and Jagdpanther 一 Have switched places.
  • M48 Super and KPz-70 一 Have switched places.
  • M4 748 (a) (Germany) 一 Has been moved to rank III.
  • Valentine (all modifications) 一 Have been merged into one group which has been placed before the Matilda III.
  • Achilles 一 Has been moved to rank II.
  • Gun Carrier (3-in) 一 Has been moved and placed before the Achilles.
  • Charioteer Mk.VII 一 Has been moved and placed before the FV4202.
  • Centauro I 105 一 Has been moved to rank VI.
  • Ariete PSO and Ariete 一 Have switched places.
  • AMX-30 DCA 一 Has been moved to rank VI.

Aviation

• La-15 and La-200 一 Have switched places.
  • MiG-17, J-4 一 Have been moved to rank V.

Other

• F9F-2 一A bug that made it possible to mount “Tiny Tim” rockets on the aircraft without researching the appropriate  modification has been fixed.
  • A bug that made it possible to switch between aircraft in formation by using a gamepad during a battle in some missions of the dynamic and historical campaigns has been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'll Just Copy Paste This Here Until Next Economy / Research / Balance Changes.

Japanese Air Tree Optimizations:

1. Ki-32 & F1M2 Don't Sit Right, The Ki-32 Is A Light Bomber And Makes 10x More Sense On The Current Spot Of The F1M2 Instead Of Gatekeeping The Heavy Fighter / Interceptor Line While Playing Exactly Like A Bomber In A Compact Package, Meanwhile A Disconnected F1M2 In-front Of The Dive Bomber Line Would Be A Great Way To Give New Players A Free Skip On It If They Were To Grind Actual (Dive) Bombers And The Choice For A Floatplane In-Case They Want To Play Naval
  2. More Folders: The D4Y's, Ki-45's, A6M-N & N1K Are Clogging Up Their Lines.
  3. Ki-61 / Ki-100 - How Exactly Are The Ki-100's Lower BR Than The Ki-61's They're Based Upon? They're Slightly Better In Every Margin And Yet Are A Lower BR Than The Last Ki-61 Tei. Move Them Up In Rank And Put The Ki-100 Into The Late Ki-61 Group Instead Of Early. (Also Ki-96 Would Do Fine With A Rank Lower Honestly, It's Just A Single Seat Ki-45 At The End Of The Day)
  4. Split JASDF Planes From The Army & Navy Line And Make Them Independently Researchable. You Still Need To Research A Good Amount Of Jets Anyway To Progress And Without Them Being Forced Behind The Army Or Navy Line It Gives More Breathing Room For WWII & Post-War Vehicles Alike.

Japanese Coastal Fleet (Tier IV - V)

• Shonan & Chidori: Honestly Barely Make Sense In Their Tree Placement, You Grind Through IJN SC's/PT's, To Get JMSDF PT's/Frigates To Loop Back To IJN Coastal Ships. Is There No Better Way Of Doing This? Like Either:
    1. Transfer To Bluewater Tech Tree, They Play, Have Same BR & Are Essentially Starter Destroyers. Chidori More Than Shonan. (German K-2 And Torpedoboot Are Equivalent To This Change)
    2. Weirdly Try To Allocate The Coastal Tree To Make Some Kind Of Sense. (Example I Drafted Includes Separation Of IJA Vessels):
      Spoiler

unknown.png?width=927&height=702

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Being able to play USS Wyoming because of its initially moderate and reasonable economy (small multiplier and low repair cost) was fun while it lasted.

Today Naval has lost -at least- one more player.

I don't care if the multiplier is higher, I am NOT going to play the lottery of risking losing 72,000 SL in one strike from a single salvo death, something that occurs quite often.

As I always say; If BBs "earn too many SL", lower their multipliers. These draconian repair costs solve NOTHING and help NOONE.

This is the kind of things that are killing Naval. Now it is dead to me too, when I was one of the handful of players who used to play it. But not anymore, not under this "economy".

byenaval.png

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Stona said:

Achilles 一 Has been moved to rank II.

i can't believe you've massacred my boy, have you at least left the 65th regiment one alone at rank 3?

and can you please stop murdering any solid rank 3+ lineups for britain they are getting close to unplayable for any events because i can't effectively use a lineup if I have to use 7 vehicles which are between 6.7 and 8.0 at 8.0 or they are moved down to rank 2

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On the subject of economy, is a 52,000SL penalty for an accidental team kill really warranted? That’s more than I’ve earned in a month. Why can’t you just make it so you can’t actually shoot down any team planes. We can fly through each other on the runway during takeoff and landing and there is no collision or death. Why is that? If the game doesn’t allow us to crash into each other why does it allow us hit each other with bullets. It’s not consistent. Either we can damage each other or we can’t. I vote for removing the ability to shoot each other, would save a ton of headaches. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

First, I kept getting full uptiers against harriers with aim9gs in my saggitario now i have to pay 30k everytime i die to one
(correction: just realised it got moved from 33k to 45k, even better)

Edited by dog_ping
medal medal medal

@Smin1080pBy the way if you are already converting a MiG-17 / J-4 to a Tier V, you should also give them the corresponding prices for a Tier V. Currently, the MiG-17 / J-4 are the most expensive Tier V aircraft.

49 minutes ago, csla1972 said:

@Smin1080pBy the way if you are already converting a MiG-17 / J-4 to a Tier V, you should also give them the corresponding prices for a Tier V. Currently, the MiG-17 / J-4 are the most expensive Tier V aircraft.

This will happen in the next economic update alongside other aircraft. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

This will happen in the next economic update alongside other aircraft. 

I hope that more sooner than soon tm.

Edited by csla1972

While i welcome the much needed repair price reduction on Tu-4, and the increase in rewards in RB, why is the B-29 getting 10% repair reduction, but also getting 20% rewards reduction?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Thanks for moving the German Sherman to tier III.

Now please do the same for the German T-34.

Logical thing.

Edited by qpranger
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

ummmmm . . .  I am not sure that this "activity calculator" is going to work in it's current form. At least not for all the other modes besides SIM. I realize that exploiters have brought this down on all of us, but it seems yet again, adjustments to the game have been kinda harsh(fix with hammer) and this is going to gimp every player's earning(regardless of mode) to a degree that is going to be harmful to the game overall. Just as an example, I played a game and got a few kills and an assist and left early after 3 deaths in Air AB . . .  battle activity - 70% . . . which seems about right. Next game, I played until the end, finished in first on my team, several kills, ground targets, only used two planes and was totally active the entire game and we won . . .  battle activity - 79% . . .  that should have been 90-95% in the old method. Rewards seemed meager as well. If being completely active(under old standards) is not going to yield 80%, then a good many Daily/Special Tasks, and prolly some Challenges too, will need to be re-worked with activity requirements lowered a great deal to compensate for what is now a very stingy calculating system. And the diminished rewards over time are going to add up to quite a lose, even and perhaps especially for active players . . .  it would seem easier to bring the old calculator back for AB & RB, and leave the restrictive system there for Sim and it's exploiters. Nerfing/Gimping the entire game's system to hinder a small group in the least played mode seems counter-productive to me . . . .. I could be wrong, these are "casual observations", not a strict study . . ..  but it is not hard to see that the players are going to have to endure a much more restrictive and less rewarding system because of a "fix" that really should only affect a few players who's bad game play and exploitation has been pretty well documented for a good while now . . . . Hammer them, not all the rest of us please . . . . .
Just my thoughts

:salute:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

SL and RP is so low for SB after this patch, it is not even funny, 21 kills and less than 100k SL and with RP only able to research one module on T4 aircraft...

IT is extremely low, people was expecting increase but you managed to decrease it once more..

• Upvote 2
medal medal

2 hours ago, Andruven said:

There goes the Sagittario. Such a pity. A nice new plane, now nobody can affort to fly her. What's the point in releasing new aircraft if you are just going to do this a few weeks later?

yeah i fully agree, 44k SL repair cost spaded, absolute horrible decision right here gaijin.

get your economy algorithm fixed because its killing off more and more vehicles in the game.

at this rate we will end up with 5 vehicles at every  BR range in total being actually viable to play because they are not cursed by bloated repair costs.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Could you please tell me why the G.55 serie 1's repair cost is actually going up for simulation? Also it's the only plane in the G series going up, not even the premium G.55S which performs pretty much the same than the G.55 serie 1 is actually going down in price. Now I have to pay 33k instead of 15.5k I used to pay before this update; with a max reward of 960 and an activity of 100% I need to be playing 30 minutes to get 28k which is about 85% of what I spent to spawn on it. How is this fair when superior planes like the G.56 that cost 5k to spawn can make (624x30x1) 18k in the same time 30 minutes. I think it's not a fair change, if anything it should go down about the same percentage the other italian fighters at its br are; or I'd like to know why do you think this is a good change and how does it benefits players.

This is not okay. Simulator Enduring Confrontation just got slapped with a "reward cap", and yet we still face the highest repair costs. Not only that, but now we have to pay 100% of the vehicle's repair cost in advance, before we even take off? 

A lot of those changes were good, lots of repair costs going down... But it's not as good as it sounds, because you have to pay the full price and you won't get refunded if you survive!!!
For example: 
1093584009_shot2021_07_2212_59_56.thumb.
Its repair cost used to be >60k, so one would pay 30k to spawn in it. Now, it's 41k to spawn. Not that it matters for me, as i never touched the F-4E again after the ludicrous increase in cost. But this is not ok. 

Some changes are outright bad and make no sense:
826447249_shot2021_07_2212_52_32.thumb.j
These are just absurd. The P1Y1 is not even good, which is to show how unthoughtful these changes are.

1075248070_shot2021_07_2212_57_37.thumb.

What about the Ta-152 C3? Who in the right mind would pay 42K to spawn in this aircraft, which is helpless against most of its competitors? Including the single best EC4 aircraft in the game - which is cheaper. I never even see Ta-152's flying anymore, not for a long time. 

536447016_shot2021_07_2212_59_01.thumb.j

:dntknw:

And now Sweden has officially zero EC3 bombers to destroy convoys, bomb ground battles... you know, the usual suicidal stuff, now with a 50K bill :wink:
1050071242_shot2021_07_2213.09_07.thumb.
Who would pay 50K for this? 
An old player? Probably not, he knows it's not worth it.
A new player? Maybe, by accident, once - and never again.
A farmer/exploiter? For sure. 

Sadly, it's not just "planes" that are being killed here, but an entire game mode, which is Sim Enduring Confrontation. Coupled with a broken economy (yes, still broken), this accomplishes nothing but a massive incentive for players to turn into farmers, grinders, exploiters that set up Player Created Rooms and go full PvE in a safe space.

If Gaijin does not act against these exploiters, then there is no hope for improvement. The situation will keep spiralling down into this unplayable state. Statistics will remain skewed, rewards go down, prices go up, the same thing over and over again, as we been seeing for the last months/years. :facepalm:

medal

Attempt #13 or so: Switch Ki-32 with F1M2 - Reasons: No negative impact doing so, but more realistic, makes more sense, fits their type to the correct line. etc....

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, LeChance said:

ummmmm . . .  I am not sure that this "activity calculator" is going to work in it's current form. At least not for all the other modes besides SIM. I realize that exploiters have brought this down on all of us, but it seems yet again, adjustments to the game have been kinda harsh(fix with hammer) and this is going to gimp every player's earning(regardless of mode) to a degree that is going to be harmful to the game overall. Just as an example, I played a game and got a few kills and an assist and left early after 3 deaths in Air AB . . .  battle activity - 70% . . . which seems about right. Next game, I played until the end, finished in first on my team, several kills, ground targets, only used two planes and was totally active the entire game and we won . . .  battle activity - 79% . . .  that should have been 90-95% in the old method. Rewards seemed meager as well. If being completely active(under old standards) is not going to yield 80%, then a good many Daily/Special Tasks, and prolly some Challenges too, will need to be re-worked with activity requirements lowered a great deal to compensate for what is now a very stingy calculating system. And the diminished rewards over time are going to add up to quite a lose, even and perhaps especially for active players . . .  it would seem easier to bring the old calculator back for AB & RB, and leave the restrictive system there for Sim and it's exploiters. Nerfing/Gimping the entire game's system to hinder a small group in the least played mode seems counter-productive to me . . . .. I could be wrong, these are "casual observations", not a strict study . . ..  but it is not hard to see that the players are going to have to endure a much more restrictive and less rewarding system because of a "fix" that really should only affect a few players who's bad game play and exploitation has been pretty well documented for a good while now . . . . Hammer them, not all the rest of us please . . . . .
Just my thoughts

:salute:

i agree with your thoughts. this activity change is just ruining the game more. We have huge repairs, increasingly lowered SL rewards, and now activity has ruined to make every vehicles rewards even smaller. please do something gajin, because at its current state, your economy is nowhere near fair, balanced, or fun. It cuts us away from playing the vehicles we enjoy, ruins the fun, and stalls progression up trees. Please fix this, reform the economy make more forgiving and balanced.

6 hours ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Being able to play USS Wyoming because of its initially moderate and reasonable economy (small multiplier and low repair cost) was fun while it lasted.

Today Naval has lost -at least- one player.

I don't care if the multiplier is higher, I am NOT going to play the lottery of risking losing 72,000 SL in one strike from a single salvo death, something that occurs quite often.

As I always say; If BBs "earn too many SL", lower their multipliers. These draconian repair costs solve NOTHING and help NOONE.

This is the kind of things that are killing Naval. Now it is dead to me too, when I was one of the handful of players who used to play it. But not anymore, not under this "economy".

byenaval.png

This is why gajins whole economy system is absolutely inefficient. We should not be forced away from vehicles and game modes. And no repair cost should ever ever be that staggeringly high   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just one Question. Your Target was to reward players that stay in games longer and play the objective, or atleast play active.

Why is that reward for active playtime still limited (1000 sl for F-86-35 for example) ?

You promote your premiumtime with +100% sl for time spent in random battles, no word about that limit.

No matter if you play 1 min or 15min it gives you only +100% of this little reward.

Now you advertise a "new" system that should reward the player more in longer games and still hold this limit.

Why ?

• Upvote 1
medal

The new activity algorithm is terrible for boats, especially fast boats which are best played zooming around the heat of battle. Life expectancy isn't long, and this really doesn't combine well with the new formula at all. I had a match where I killed four enemy boats and scored an assist or two, and I ended up earning only a meager 1428 RP. That is really terrible for a rank IV boat with premium and match victory.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal