Server Update 13.07.2021

Tank%202%20Italy%20Blue_db9d0b7d53845cca

All the announced rearrangements of vehicles in the tech trees will be applied when the economy update goes live.

• HSTV-L - The operation of the auto loader has been specified. Previously it could shoot 6 rounds before it had to be reloaded. Now the auto loader allows the shooting of all ammunition with no reload required.  Source: report
  • Leopard 2A5, Leopard 2PL - round types have been updated. The DM33 round has been replaced with the DM43, the DM23 round has been replaced with the DM33.
  • Leopard 2K - the DM23 round has been added.
  • JPz. 4-5 - the default M332 APCR round has been replaced with the DM502 HESH round. The M332 round is no longer available for this vehicle. 
  • Challenger 2 -  round types have been updated. The L26 round has been moved to the tier I modifications. The L27A1 round has been added to tier IV modifications.
  • Challenger Mk.3, Vickers Mk.7 - the L26 round has been added. 
  • Centauro I 105 - round types have been updated.The new default round is the M456. The M735 round has been added to the tier I modifications. The DM23 has been added to the tier IV modifications.
  • XM1(C), XM1(GM) - turret protection against APFSDS rounds has been improved. Provided protection against 115mm 3BM4 rounds along the course an arc of 60 degrees at 1,000 meters.
  • Olifant Mk.2 - turret protection against shaped-charge rounds has been improved. Provided protection against chemical rounds of calibers 100-105 mm along the course arc of 60 degrees.
  • TAM-2IP - turret protection against shaped-charge rounds has been specified. Provided partial protection against chemical rounds of calibers 90-100 mm from the front.
  • Respawn points cost for helicopters with powerful unguided rockets (S-13, S-24) in ground RB has been changed: basic - 227 RP, minimal - 182 RP.
  • MiG-23M, MiG-21bis — as a balance change, the R-13M missile has been replaced by the more advanced R-13M1 with a higher angular target tracking speed, increased target acquisition range, and is also less sensitive to countermeasures
  • MiG-23M — presets of 2хR-13М1 supplemented by 2х R-23R or 2хR-23T have been added.
  • R-3S missile —  the target capture field has been reduced from 4 to 3.5 degrees, the maximum angular velocity of target tracking has been reduced from 11 to 6 degrees per second according to the basic data on the R-3S missiles from the pilot's operation manual for MiG fighter aircraft.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Cant wait to get home and try the leo23k. 

The only issue I had with the 2k was its DM13 being very inconsistent trying to fight the TURMS. 
They got the gen 2 thermal and a very small area you'll have to hit, so in a 750-1000m engagement they had the lowest odds of coming out alive. 

medal medal

(regarding Realistic Tankbattles)

Achilles like M10 on BR 3.3 is not understandable - furthermore on Rank II they are useless for every upcoming Event or BP, eventhough they are both very good backups up to any BR 4.7 Lineup with very good guns, gundepression and decent armor.

Panzer IV G - the "G" variant gets downtiered? The placement of F2 on BR 3.3 without additional armor, the G on BR 3.7 with additional Hullarmor and all the other variants with Hull+Turret Trackarmor on BR 4.0 is fine. In relation to that a Chi-To or Chi-To late should be at very least BR 4.0 .

There are many missed opportunities to review 76mm Shermans / M18 / T34-85´s / Comet + Blackprince (allied BR 5.0-6.0) and especially the Japanese BR 4.0-5.0 with Chi-To´s and Chi-Ri II. 

Edited by Noir89
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

After this update I can't exit from the pause menu by pressnig resume. In fact, it won't even let me press resume. It spawns me into a match with the pause menu out and I can't even select any options on it. I would upload a client log but the stupid file upload limit is only 1 kilobyte.

• Sad 1
medal medal medal

This BR change was a BR change that makes it clear to everyone that France is overvalued.
I don't understand why only FL11 has a higher BR and M24's BR is only 3.3, please Gaijin quickly explain why there is a 0.4 BR difference between M24 and FL11.:dntknw:

• Upvote 3
medal medal

48 minutes ago, Stona said:

All the announced rearrangements of vehicles in the tech trees will be applied when the economy update goes live.

Hello!

I'm confused, what does this mean? Maybe other people's question as well.

Thanks.

medal

Challenger Mk.3, Vickers Mk.7 - the L26 round has been added. 

USSR have 3BM42.   

Italy Ariete have DM33.

But Leopard 2A4 still use DM23.  

When can it get DM33 for balance.

M1 and IPM1  need new shell too.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Absolutely terrible Battle Rating changes. I could tell it at least for the AMX-13(both versions). Maybe if tanks would have a realistically good maneuverability, then those changes would be a good idea, but they do not have it, so such uptiers are unfair, even more for the R3(previous BR change). Uptier R3 even to 5.0-5.7, but give it a realistic maneuverability(roll back a traction nerf), and a correctly working stabilizer. Achilles, and more precisely planning to move it to the rank II, when it was well capable for the rank III battle tasks, is also an awful change. Archer could get downtiered even to BR 1.0, and it still would be bad. Probably nothing else got hit with the general mobility nerf as much, as the Archer, that had it already bad, and the tiny map sizes in both AB, and RB, only add salt to its wounds here. You would need to fix traction, and remodel maps, for such vehicle to be realistically useful. He 100 D-1 as well, won't be as fun plane anymore. It does have a great performance, but it have a very bad guns, what makes it rather harsh to play in the higher BR, especially when its flight performance advantage is no longer as good. I guess, I won't play it anymore. J22-B is at even worse situation, as it was already harsh to play it, with its low climb rate, worse than average turn time(for a fighter of its BR), and speed that is good, but not so good to make up for that. The fact it have a good cannons, itself doesn't make it reasonable to uptier it even more. Other than this, I see some downtiers, for some German SPGs that didn't really need this, as they were good on its BRs already.

Edited by Filip8192
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

46 minutes ago, Vonarian_IR said:

Hello!

I'm confused, what does this mean? Maybe other people's question as well.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, yPYRiCeNDUlt said:

M48 Super: "It is planned to switch places in the research tree with KPz-70"

It appears to not have switched places. I hope this is just a small error as I would like to research it.

wrong way.png

Changes in tech tree will be applied with Economy Update (which appear later).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• Centauro I 105 - round types have been updated.The new default round is the M456. The M735 round has been added to the tier I modifications. The DM23 has been added to the tier IV modifications.

The worst change, you've just thrown away an opportunity of Italy to have adequate setups by the addition of serial Centauro 105 variants. What is the point of moving preserie Centauro to 8.7? Why can't it stay at 8.3 with just HEAT-FS? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, yPYRiCeNDUlt said:

Later today? Or on another day?

Another day. We will announce it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

A lot of people like to pretend they know how changes will affect the game play before said changes are even implemented...

Overall I think they changes good ones and are for the best. Gaijin has the data we don't, so I trust their statistics over your gut feeling that a vehicle shouldn't be x BR. If it becomes a serious problem it can always be reverted.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 4
medal medal

33 minutes ago, NOM1337AD said:

Pz. IV G is still 3.7 in AB...

image.thumb.png.d867df2c08871fe68df648fd

It was 4.0 previously. Table fixed, thanks.

Please, Don't make it worse and force japan tech users force to change Country when they finally use Chi-ri and M4A3.
As a Japan main I struggle to use that 2 tanks because of BR compression now it compress again the BR. more over they are scary Big gun and Hard to penetrate armor while our tanks are literally a paper or a punching bag.
Yes Chi-ri has a good reload rate and it has a slightly good penetration. but it's survivability and visibility are bad and whats worse even a low pen gun can wreck it to oblivion.
M4A3 yep it is lined up to its brother in US Tech but think about it in this BR you only have 3 tanks to use 4 if you have the Heavy tank (Tiger). M4A3 is good on a lot of aspect but why do you line up this tank to higher tech that can obliterate it easily without fighting back. in Panther D and Tiger H1 in germany, IS-1, IS-2, Centurion etc. it is already hard to confront this many tanks.
Now they down BR another Hard to kill tanks and they can just blow us like a dust.

Please help japan tech tree BR to improve so other new players can play fairly too and have fun.
P.S. BRING BACK THE GLASS CANNON CHARACTERISTIC OF JAPAN.

2 hours ago, KnoT said:

I still don't get why 3 Ger tanks get a new shell and 2k gets BR reduction on top of it, while USA gets nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The BR reduction was revoked once more (already the second or third time it was planned to be reduced to 9.3). One might just speculate about the reasoning.

As compensation is gets DM23 this time. But still...without thermals and without armor its just at the wrong spot and will continue to produce bad stats. I mean at the same BR spot you have stuff like the Turms and the Tam 2C....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Panzer IV G to 3.3 is a bizarre move. The Panzer IV F2 at 3.3 is already borderline criminal. I have a hard time seeing why any Panzer IV with the long-barrel 75mm should be lower than 4.0.

Achilles to 3.3 is likewise a bizarre move. That gun is already so powerful at its current battle rating and the Achilles is relatively mobile, I don't see what would warrant it to move down. Also dropping it down to rank II making it ineligible for many tasks is quite unfortunate.

It is also disappointing to see that the R3 T20 FA-HS still isn't being moved up to an appropriate battle rating.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

the first batch of BR changed looked good for ground forces anyway

then the second batch comes with so many BR changes that make no sense what so ever and those gets implemented despite the negative feedback...

medal medal medal medal