(15.07.2021) [2.7.0.40] Visual glitch when switching between commander sight and gunner sight

• Technical Moderator

As you can see, if player switch to gunner sight from commander sight, it does not switch immediately.

Instead, it shows commander sight view for a moment in gunner sight view style.

It creates lots of confusion to player.

It seems only appears in actual play situation(online condition, does not include test drive or other local condition) and get worse if ping is high.

On 200ms condition, this bug can be demonstrated much easily. Delay before gunner sight display will be increased.

This bug exists because developers implemented commander sight as one of 'weapon'.

2021_06_15_23_44_52__2940.clog

Edited by UNIT_normal

• UNIT_normal changed the title to [2.7.0.40] Visual glitch when switching between commander sight and gunner sight
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Technical Moderator

Hello!

I will be happy if @Piciu713 allows me to share this:

From what I can see, the delay is due to a connection issue.

Maybe a Tracert to warthunder.com could help?

Click the Windows Icon (bottom left hand side of screen)  This will display the Menu options.
    Choose Run
    Type cmd  (this will open a command shell window)
    Type - tracert warthunder.com
    Press Enter
    Please screenshot and include the path result.

On 15/06/2021 at 20:54, UNIT_normal said:

get worse if ping is high.

This is the issue actually, I'm not sure if this is a client bug Dev's can fix, I have this problem when my ping gets higher, let's say it's a synchronization issue between server and client due to high latency of sent and received packets.

Does this issue happen in a test drive? Mine doesn't.

Cheers.

• Technical Moderator
On 13/07/2021 at 16:30, Piciu713 said:

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce it.

Could you check that again please? There has been a patch fixing an issue with commanders view: https://warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/1260

Cheers

You need to switch between gunner sight and commander sight in match or custom battle not test drive to reproduce problem.

Then you will see it obviously. (Switching while turning commander sight will make it more violently.)

It even happens in 50~60 ping situation.

On 13/07/2021 at 20:47, Vonarian_IR said:

From what I can see, the delay is due to a connection issue.

No. It isn't.

This bug happens even in very low ping(50~60) and does not have relation between packet loss.

You cannot have 0 ping unless you play only test drive.

This is the issue actually, I'm not sure if this is a client bug Dev's can fix, I have this problem when my ping gets higher, let's say it's a synchronization issue between server and client due to high latency of sent and received packets.

I think it is a problem that can be fixed.

There would be plenty of solutions could be applied. (Increasing tick rate, etc)

Does this issue happen in a test drive? Mine doesn't.

You already know what is problem.

Then why do you ask?

:008:

• Technical Moderator
4 hours ago, UNIT_normal said:

You need to switch between gunner sight and commander sight in match or custom battle not test drive to reproduce problem.

Then you will see it obviously. (Switching while turning commander sight will make it more violently.)

It even happens in 50~60 ping situation.

I did test it in a custom battle with  ping over 250 and I am still not able to reproduce this.

I will ask again: Does this problem occur after the commanders view patch? If yes, I need a .clog from it.

Cheers

• Like 1

• Technical Moderator

Hi,

I was able to reproduce it. I will give it to the devs

Cheers

• Like 1

• Piciu713 changed the title to (15.07.2021) [2.7.0.40] Visual glitch when switching between commander sight and gunner sight