(17.06.2021) Stuck in commander sight view

So when using the new commander sights every time you use it you have a chance to enter a permanent-ish mode where the only thing you can use are the commander sights and not your gun on the vehicle It has happened to me in the Centauro 105 and the OF-40 and in the OF-40 it happened the first time i went in to the commander sights all this happened in Realistic Battles.

When in this mode It's as if your commander sights are your weapon, so entering aim mode you will get the normal "sniper" reticle but without any aiming points and pressing the fire button does nothing you also can't use any machine gun on your tank while this happens.

To replicate it simply hold down the button you have bound to enter your commanders sight (In my case MB5) then press your button to enter sniper mode twice (in my case SHIFT) It doesn't happen every time you do it but it does happen often enough https://youtu.be/5zP4tfiHMUM video showing how to reproduce and also showing the bug.

#2021.06.03 11.06.42.wrpl 2021_06_03_10_35_41__3164.clog

medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Technical Moderator

As you can see, if player switches between commander sight and anything else rapidly, suddenly turret(main gun) is frozen and only commander sight rotates.

It seems only appears in actual play situation(online condition, does not include test drive or other local condition) and get worse if ping is high.

On 200ms condition, this bug can be demonstrated much easily. Bug will appear with fewer switching.

This bug exists because developers implemented commander sight as one of 'weapon'.

Temporary fix is resetting weapon selection.

2021_06_15_23_44_52__2940.clog

Edited by UNIT_normal

• Technical Moderator

Hi,

Please post a video with this issue.

Cheers

• Technical Moderator

I did exactly same report with video.

Please merge it with this.

Piciu713 (Posted )

Done. Thank you!

• Technical Moderator