War Thunder "Red Skies" - Changelog

43 minutes ago, _Reardon_ said:

the 2a5 is fine at 11.0 the difference betwin the strv 122 aren't that significan, you are right about thet 72 b3 and type 90, i'm also scepticall about the ariete pso (the armor is arguably even worse than the one on type 90), also the m1a2 might have been fine at 10.7, it one of the easiest tank to kill that i face at that br

You own neither of them, the armour difference between thame IS incredibely significant. One is literally immune to every shell in the game frontally par mantlet and LFP weakspots whilst the others entire hull is a weakspot. Saying M1A2 is one of the easiest tanks to kill is to say it lightly, laughable.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal

6 minutes ago, _Lethe_ said:

Everybody are waiting for new patch. When ? 10.00 GMT?

Today. No exact time, sorry. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, _HoovyLuca_ said:

May be a bit off topic, but how often does the launcher default setting for auto updates actually check for it?

Just so I dont have to manually do it

If you have downloaded the game from the website, then you can go into the Gaijin.Net Updater settings. It is set to “standard”, but you can chose a specific option there.

Kind regards

:salute:

4 minutes ago, _HoovyLuca_ said:

May be a bit off topic, but how often does the launcher default setting for auto updates actually check for it?

Just so I dont have to manually do it

In the bottom right corner there's a gaijin mini icon in your tool bar. Right click it and select options. Inside there's a dropdown to set update checks for as often as once per 10 minutes.

6 minutes ago, CelestialDwnfall said:

You own neither of them, the armour difference between thame IS incredibely significant. One is literally immune to every shell in the game frontally par mantlet and LFP weakspots whilst the others entire hull is a weakspot. Saying M1A2 is one of the easiest tanks to kill is to say it lightly, laughable.

This was busted multiple times, 2A5 has much smaller weakspot area on turret, so it is much harder to one shot than Abrams. M1A2 has gigantical turret ring weakspot. Considering quality of CITV and gunner sight, 2A5 wins with better gunner sight and much, much better 360 degree commander sight, that is on top of the turret, not like Abrams CITV that is much lower on turret and is of poor quality.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, CelestialDwnfall said:

first you don't have them either, second i still  faced all of them and i play and talk on a daily bases with people that do have them, you can kill the m1a2 with an heatfs (the front upper plate is made out of cardboard apparently) the 2a5 may not be as survivable as the strv 122 but it's still better than lot's of stuff that is being mooveed at 11.0 my point is, there is better stuff at the same br sure but it deoesn't mean it deserve to be at 10.7 (also the t 72 b3 should at 11.0 but it's another story) 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Strv 103-0, Strv 103A, Strv 103C —  A bug that prevented automatic distance setting for the laser rangefinder has been fixed.

Can you Please for the love of all that is good and holy fix the hull-aiming of the S-tank. it's still atrocious and either to slow to aim or overcompensates.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, CelestialDwnfall said:

Wait, your M1 series LFP actually stops stuff? Can I get that on mine?

That and does everyone really forget that the UFP and turret ring still exist on all M1s? You can easily kill any M1 series tank frontally with any gun with more than 83mm of flat pen, its really not that hard, hell, I routinely somehow bounce more rounds in my AMBT than I do in my IPM1 which frankly makes absolutely 0 sense given that the IPM1 should be vastly superior in that department. Turns out though that from my time running around in a turms like a headless chicken, its childs play to hit the turret ring of a M1 at nearly any range, especially with a sabot.

At least the 122 and 2A5 can actually stop most turbo 105mm darts and low end 120mm NATO darts to it's LFP, if you hit the low weak spot on the 122 or 2A5 you will only kill the driver at best or cook off the front ammo rack, but why are you taking that in the first place, thats like taking hull ammo in a M1, its suicide. Meanwhile any 120mm NATO dart will go through the LFP of any M1, including the M1A2 while only stopping low end russian darts and the middle of the field 105mm darts, while high end 105 darts like DM63 will still sail right through.

So no the M1A2 does not have more effective armor than the 122 or 2A5, cool it gets beefy cheeks, thats it, congrats, you can stop some stuff on your cheeks, good thing pretty much every top tier MBT bar the Type 90 and Ariete can do that too.

Unless Gaijin is keen on adding a upgrade mod to the M1A2 to make it a SEP it is not a 11.0, along with the Type 90, Arietes, and the newly gimped Leclerecs.

Edited by Lolman345
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, _Reardon_ said:

first you don't have them either

Oh really, i guess you should check my account then, cause i DO own the 2A5 and Strv 122s.

hint;

unknown.png

second i still  faced all of them and i play and talk on a daily bases with people that do have them, you can kill the m1a2 with an heatfs (the front upper plate is made out of cardboard apparently) the 2a5 may not be as survivable as the strv 122 but it's still better than lot's of stuff that is being mooveed at 11.0 my point is, there is better stuff at the same br sure but it deoesn't mean it deserve to be at 10.7 (also the t 72 b3 should at 11.0 but it's another story) 

So you're telling me top tier MBTs are hard to kill with HEAT-FS?! Who would've thought, amazing! Now tell me how survivable the 2A5 is against APFSDS.

Edited by CelestialDwnfall
  • Haha 2
medal

19 minutes ago, Lolman345 said:

Wait, your M1 series LFP actually stops stuff? Can I get that on mine?

Where did I say that?

That and does everyone really forget that the UFP and turret ring still exist on all M1s? You can easily kill any M1 series tank frontally with any gun with more than 83mm of flat pen, its really not that hard, hell, I routinely somehow bounce more rounds in my AMBT than I do in my IPM1 which frankly makes absolutely 0 sense given that the IPM1 should be vastly superior in that department. Turns out though that from my time running around in a turms like a headless chicken, its childs play to hit the turret ring of a M1 at nearly any range, especially with a sabot.

UFP and turret ring exist on the Leopard 2 and Type 90 also.

At leas the 122 and 2A5 can actually stop most turbo 105mm darts to it's LFP, if you hit the low weak spot on the 122 or 2A5 you will only kill the driver at best or cook off the front ammo rack but why are you taking that in the first place, thats like taking hull ammo in a M1, its suicide. Meanwhile any 120mm NATO dart will go through the LFP of any M1, including the M1A2 while only stopping low end russian darts and the middle of the field 105mm darts, while high end 105 darts like DM63 will still sail right through.

2A5 cannot stop any turbo-darts on its LFP.

So no the M1A2 does not have more effective armor than the 122 or 2A5, cool it gets beefy cheeks, thats it, congrats, you can stop some stuff on your cheeks, good thing pretty much every top tier MBT bar the Type 90 and Ariete can do that too.

Where did I say all that?

Unless Gaijin is keen on adding a upgrade mod to the M1A2 to make it a SEP it is not a 11.0, along with the Type 90, Arietes, and the newly gimped Leclerecs.

Neither is the 2A5 an 11.0

25 minutes ago, BlazeFlame24 said:

This was busted multiple times, 2A5 has much smaller weakspot area on turret, so it is much harder to one shot than Abrams.

Where. Because against 550mm+ darts it has larget weakspots in fact.

M1A2 has gigantical turret ring weakspot. Considering quality of CITV and gunner sight, 2A5 wins with better gunner sight and much, much better 360 degree commander sight, that is on top of the turret, not like Abrams CITV that is much lower on turret and is of poor quality.

M829A1 alone makes M1A2 a better vehicle regardless of what you say.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

You seem to be having issues. It's actually a pretty easy technique: shoot anywhere on the M1A2 below the turret and you'll penetrate. Good luck and o7!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

1 hour ago, moridin3 said:

The lack of any non-premium ww2 vehicles is disappointing.

There is a one ship. Kneel and thank for such a gift. :lol2:

38 minutes ago, sirmortimer said:

Any special reason for this change?

image.thumb.png.e9f2864b1d3cf373a8dcae72

Only this specific tank going down to T2 seems kinda odd, considering you'll lose a tank in your lineup for wagers and special tasks...

Why not tie BR's (e.g. 2.7+) to a task instead of the T3 limit? Would make things much more easier and you'd be able to keep your lineup for doing these tasks instead of re-shuffling every few weeks/months when tanks get placed lower in tiers.

I suppose that was a whole reason.

Here comes probably the worst patch ever. 

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Baske_74 said:
  • Strv 103-0, Strv 103A, Strv 103C —  A bug that prevented automatic distance setting for the laser rangefinder has been fixed.

Can you Please for the love of all that is good and holy fix the hull-aiming of the S-tank. it's still atrocious and either to slow to aim or overcompensates.

True, cant even use the Strv 103-0 due to that, these problems pretty much render every Strv 103 useless.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, _Reardon_ said:

first you don't have them either, second i still  faced all of them and i play and talk on a daily bases with people that do have them, you can kill the m1a2 with an heatfs (the front upper plate is made out of cardboard apparently) the 2a5 may not be as survivable as the strv 122 but it's still better than lot's of stuff that is being mooveed at 11.0 my point is, there is better stuff at the same br sure but it deoesn't mean it deserve to be at 10.7 (also the t 72 b3 should at 11.0 but it's another story) 

in my experience the m1a2 is the most survaivable of the top tier tanks. And you know it very well my dear, i told ya many times x)

Source: me, i've got all of the top tier tanks, including chinese one.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, The_Monolith said:

You seem to be having issues. It's actually a pretty easy technique: shoot anywhere on the M1A2 below the turret and you'll penetrate. Good luck and o7!

Are you actually trying to imply it's not the same with Leopard 2s? lmao

medal

15 minutes ago, The_Monolith said:

Do the same with a leopard 2 and you will penetrate easy!

Oh really, i guess you should check my account then, cause i DO own the 2A5 and Strv 122s.

well sorry about that for some reasons when i cheked they weren, there

21 minutes ago, CelestialDwnfall said:

So you're telling me top tier MBTs are hard to kill with HEAT-FS?! Who would've thought, amazing! Now tell me how survivable the 2A5 is against APFSDS.

that's my point if you can kill a top tier mbt with just an heatfs from the front maybe it's not that good, besides you ignored my point

Great to see:

Mirage 3C at 10.7 also great to see the Mystère 4A finally in game (now I'm gonna spam for a mystère 4N as a special plane for each 8 of march)

Need to test the new camera system and sam and if the balance between Russia and NATO is not too unfair (in one way or in the other

Bad to see:

Nothing has been done to improve helo game mode but we can see that they did not abandoned since new cockpit are here 

To summarize a good patch but not the best

Is there a particular reason for the unusually long server downtime this time that someone may be willing to share?

I can't wait to start grinding for the Mystere IVA. Besides the Thunderstreak, it's really the only other thing I have been waiting years for))

medal medal

48 minutes ago, Stona said:

Today. No exact time, sorry. 

Got to love the brutal and imprecise honesty with time judgment, it is painful yet so much better than an exact time

medal