1st.ROF The Netherlands

THE 1ST.ROYAL ORANGE FLAMES (1ST.ROF) WAS FORMED AS THE FIRST DUTCH SQUADRON IN WARBIRDS, THE WW2 ONLINE FLIGHTSIM, IN NOVEMBER 1997, BY LAPWIN AND ZEPHER.

Right from scratch we intended to operate as a squadron should; we stick together, and protect our own. Our goals are to have fun in a historical environment and accomplish the mission, no matter what. 1st.ROF pilots are friends, and virtual brothers in arms. We all share the same passion for Worldwar II aircraft.

Our experience:

- Warbirds (from 1997 to 2006)

During the first 5 years our squad's CO (lapwin) was actively organising the EMC's and SL

- WWII online flying from early beta's

- Aces High, Il2, Arma2, Battlefield series

Every year we organise the famous Eurocon in Holland. This year for the 13th time.

40 Pilots from all over the world come to in Holland and play flightsimms for 4 days.

A main event is the 2v2 contest where the best virtual pilots test their skills against each other.

In the early years this event was done in Warbirds (2 and 3 series) and the last years we use the Aces High arena's.

1st.ROF has 9 members and various guests that join us regularly in various events.

- Lapwin CO

- Zepher XO

- Bijl

- Flower

- Stevie

- Sweepy

- Postme

- Speijk

- Sascha

Our website:

www.1strof.com

The Eurocon website

www.1strof.com

Facebook: http://nl-nl.facebook.com/pages/Eurocon/107158512701475

medal medal

Hi zepher,

good to see you Gents over here! The 1st Rof are a great bunch of good guys with a long history at online flying sims! Happy to meet again soon at the EC

<S>

medal medal

Hi zepher,

good to see you Gents over here! The 1st Rof are a great bunch of good guys with a long history at online flying sims! Happy to meet again soon at the EC

<S>

I second that, good to see them over here as well, great bunch and flown with them back in the old days of Warbirds 2.7X. Nice to see some more familiar names, it be like the good ole days soon.

Belgar

Guest KillRoy

Welcome Zep

Hope you enjoy the game as soon as it comes out.

..................KillRoy......................

Just dropping in. Amazing stuff going on here! Really eager to give this a spin, and great to see a new game/sim coming up in the area of 'flight'

<S>alute everyone!

:p

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys! Nice to see you all ...again :) WoP is same company as WoT not? Been playing that since ages I think...were can I find the downloads and registerform for WoP?

<S>alute all

flower (donflor in WoT)

1stROF Netherlands

Hi Guys! Nice to see you all ...again :) WoP is same company as WoT not? Been playing that since ages I think...were can I find the downloads and registerform for WoP?

<S>alute all

flower (donflor in WoT)

1stROF Netherlands

Hey Flower, blast from the past. all we missing is Lapwin ;) Good to see you peeking in here. :salute:

Ref: WoT, no its not the same company, Gaijin is making War Thunder: World of Planes, Wargaming.net is making World of Warplanes. If you still browse AGW Topic there is a promotional thread there of World of Planes.

See you up there.:bomber:

Belgar ;) Lapwin is undusting is old JS I think..hehehe..

Good to see you mate! And thanks explaining difference WoT and WoP. Bought me a saitek stick to fly again..will be rusty tho..havend flown in a long time..so be gentle with me..:)

<S>

flow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice to see some of the old Warbirds stalwarts popping up here!

• 6 months later...

FLO!!!! Gday old mate - how's it hanging? A few months has passed since you posted here - you flying at all yet?

<S>! 1st ROF. Wow, many old names and friends here :)