Radeon RX 6000 Issues

Is there a chance that War Thunder don't like the new Radeon RX6000 cards? since War Thunder is the only game that runs very badly on my RX 6900XT, massive FPS drops in tank and air battles, no matter what kind of graphic option I choose, it's always the same result, I also tried doing a clean install of the graphicscard driver but still have those issues.. my card works fine with other games, only war thunder is making it hard.. is it just me? or does anyone else have those problems?

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
Just now, _Pinks_ said:

Is there a chance that War Thunder don't like the new Radeon RX6000 cards? since War Thunder is the only game that runs very badly on my RX 6900XT, massive FPS drops in tank and air battles, no matter what kind of graphic option I choose, it's always the same result, I also tried doing a clean install of the graphicscard driver but still have those issues.. my card works fine with other games, only war thunder is making it hard.. is it just me? or does anyone else have those problems?

Hi :)

I guess FPS drop and freezes are known issues.

Be patient (Also check game files in launcher settings)

• Technical Moderator
1 minute ago, _Pinks_ said:

Hopefully.. since it ruins the fun of playing it.. also checked the game files, even after reinstalling the whole game, no change.. :(

Yeah hopefully;)

Patience is the key to victory :salute:

I know how annoying it is to not be able to play your (favorite) game, I'm getting FPS drops on my new laptop too (Since Hot tracks)

But all we need to do is providing CLOG and crash files, so devs and mods can help us efficiently and quickly:good:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Which driver version are you using?  I was running 21.2 on my 6800 at 4k with everything turned on apart from SSAO and am getting over 100 fps most of the time.  However, when I upgraded to the 21.3 driver the same settings were giving me around 10 fps and even when I turned down to 1080p the minute an aircraft was on screed the fps hit the floor.  I've gone back to 21.2 so it might be worth trying that.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the new 21.4 AMD driver puts performance back to pre 21.3 levels.  Updated last night and although it doesn't feel quite as good as the 21.2 and before driver it is massively improved over the the 21.3.

• 1 month later...

well I'll be damned, I thought my system was having some issues

Went back and forth between 21.4 to 21.5.2 and still stutters horribly, especially on Air Assault. Genuinely thought my CPU was crapping itself

On 12/04/2021 at 21:38, Fangface007 said:

Which driver version are you using?  I was running 21.2 on my 6800 at 4k with everything turned on apart from SSAO and am getting over 100 fps most of the time.  However, when I upgraded to the 21.3 driver the same settings were giving me around 10 fps and even when I turned down to 1080p the minute an aircraft was on screed the fps hit the floor.  I've gone back to 21.2 so it might be worth trying that.

which 21.2 version are you using? I might give it a shot just for troubleshooting's sake

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

RX6900xt (Red Devil) and 5600x proc. .. was tweaking and came across this thread... Tweaked a bit and Am now getting a stable 144 freesynced  with monitor at Movie Settings.  Looks Fantastic

On Adrenaline 21.7.2 

I've Pasted my Adrenaline settings along with Game settings.. Hope this helps Cheers!!

War Thunder_2021.08.19-01.57.png

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

• 1 year later...
On 03/09/2022 at 03:09, [email protected] said:

did you also see random textures that just flashed randomly and looked like metal that seemed to come from any and all tanks every game?

I used to see tank tracks above my tanks and sometimes horizontal lines but, that was back in July and seems that was fixed. I have Nvidia card not ATI.

Maybe is time you to clean your cache from game folder or even make a fresh install of the game.

Hope it helps.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal