Mirage III E

Im_Gonna_Morb

Alright lads, we finally are getting this bird, the hype is already at it's highest for me! Rwr and flares is going to be so nice to have finally! I just hope the small engine performance boost will be enough for it to keep up. How do you guys feel this plane will fit in with the meta?

medal medal medal medal

Gonna be honest, it's just a slightly better IIIC. It can't carry different ordinance, or more of it and In Air battles it'll most likely be near identical in performance in most pilots hands.

Sure It's effectively a copy/paste with a few nice to haves that others were already running around with, but I don't consider that really worth spading any time soon. (I really want to move on to the F1 so I can get some gunpod action.)

Although tbf this is coming from someone that just doesn't like playing top tier.

• Like 1
medal medal

13 hours ago, Planty_The_Potte said:

Gonna be honest, it's just a slightly better IIIC. It can't carry different ordinance, or more of it and In Air battles it'll most likely be near identical in performance in most pilots hands.

Sure It's effectively a copy/paste with a few nice to haves that others were already running around with, but I don't consider that really worth spading any time soon. (I really want to move on to the F1 so I can get some gunpod action.)

Although tbf this is coming from someone that just doesn't like playing top tier.

It'll have different ordinance when we get anti-radar missiles :DD

If I remember what @Cedjoe was saying, it should also have access to non-MCLOS AS.30's (beam-riding and laser-guided)

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, FouManchou said:

It'll have different ordinance when we get anti-radar missiles :DD

If I remember what @Cedjoe was saying, it should also have access to non-MCLOS AS.30's (beam-riding and laser-guided)

Yes apparently the Cyrano II had the possibility to guide the beam riding AS.30 TCA, though I can’t find any primary source stating its use, and it is quite difficult to find information on it since it should be visually identical to the regular AS.30. Same sorry with the AA.25 missile that is a beam riding AA.20.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Planty_The_Potte said:

After the MiG-21Bis and F-4E/EJ, Mirage IIIC was already one of the top performing aircraft in game. A new variant with a better engine, RWR and Countermeasures will bring it back into the top almost immediately. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

After the MiG-21Bis and F-4E/EJ, Mirage IIIC was already one of the top performing aircraft in game. A new variant with a better engine, RWR and Countermeasures will bring it back into the top almost immediately. 

well as planty said it sure will be nice to play with it, however it still will be a mirage III, and for people who don t have a lot of time to spend on the game , it will sometime feel like a waste to take the time to spade it since well, it will be a mirage IIC with RWR and countermesure (a nice and welcome adition for the others for sure)

medal medal

2 hours ago, Arakneo said:

ACM?

"Auto-acquisition (AACQ)/air combat maneuvering (ACM) modes: In these modes, the radar searches a fixed section of the sky (examples: boresighted directly ahead, in a single vertical line, in a small box representing the pilot’s forward view) very quickly. Any targets detected are automatically locked and transferred to STT mode."

The F-4's have this in game already: https://imgur.com/yzRJte5

Edited by FoolOnTheHill
medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

While you're absolutely right, it's just too minor of an upgrade for me to feel the need to spend the time grinding the modifications. I didn't feel the engine was ever a problem, and while both RWR and countermeasures are nothing to scoff at, I still don't think it's going to be a game changer in all but the few hands who will know how to use it.

Thanks for the response tho, I appreciate your work and role as CM. :D

medal medal

44 minutes ago, Planty_The_Potte said:

While you're absolutely right, it's just too minor of an upgrade for me to feel the need to spend the time grinding the modifications. I didn't feel the engine was ever a problem, and while both RWR and countermeasures are nothing to scoff at, I still don't think it's going to be a game changer in all but the few hands who will know how to use it.

Thanks for the response tho, I appreciate your work and role as CM. :D

tbh yah its a small upgrade plus its getting flares and chaff which i believe it didnt have them but iam still looking but overall it gonna be an excellent aircraft

15 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

Mirage IIIE is a very welcome addition (even if i personaly think it's come 1 or 2 patchs late). I expect to finally refly at mid, high altitude again during match for the next patch. Apart these welcomed modification on Mirage IIIE, IIIE are far in terms of upgrade if we compare F4C to F4E/EJ or MiG-21 F13/SMT to MiG-21 Bis. Mirage IIIC was always a plane which have been carry by its armement, it won't change with IIIE, but more situational awereness and survability is always a good thing.

And the most important for me, Gaijin finally didn't forget include late version/modification for France at Jet ERA (since we didn't jump directly to the Mirage F1). So i can have hope for late and most production version for tier V plane like Vautour.N, and Mystere.IVa, which will provide to France a very solid Tier V air tech tree (if we forget br compression of course)

Edited by Yukichi
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I personally love the 3E addition because with it's rocket pods and CCIP, you can turn it inot a deadly CAS aircraft in ground RB. Its addition will surely give France a lor more relevance in ground RB coupled to the Jaguar. Now if we could get a better SAM system for the line up to be perfect  taht would be very cool :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

I personally love the 3E addition because with it's rocket pods and CCIP, you can turn it inot a deadly CAS aircraft in ground RB. Its addition will surely give France a lor more relevance in ground RB coupled to the Jaguar. Now if we could get a better SAM system for the line up to be perfect  taht would be very cool :)

-AS.37 anti radiation missile if this mechanic come one day on War Thunder

-It's full loadout for Rocket Booster can be  fun, or be use as fast interception loadout

The only problem i guess, is the Flare/Chaff dispenser? Or Gaijin has some sekret dokument about this.

And yes indeed France now have more effiency for ground line up, so it's a good thing.

Let's not forget smin said that Gaijin acknowledge about technology priority, so "maybe" less probability to see more "VT1/Sk2" drama in the futur.

Edited by Yukichi
medal medal medal

Good news, the bug report about rocket booster has been forwarded to the Developers

If chaff counter become a thing, i think it will interressing to do a report about missing loadout: 3xmagic R550 (one on the central hardpoint) instead of 1xR530+2xR550.

On 06/03/2021 at 02:34, FoolOnTheHill said:

"Auto-acquisition (AACQ)/air combat maneuvering (ACM) modes: In these modes, the radar searches a fixed section of the sky (examples: boresighted directly ahead, in a single vertical line, in a small box representing the pilot’s forward view) very quickly. Any targets detected are automatically locked and transferred to STT mode."

The F-4's have this in game already: https://imgur.com/yzRJte5

No, i can confirm that Mirage IIIE didn't have ACM radar mode on Dev-server.

Edited by Yukichi
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Yukichi said:

Good news, the bug report about rocket booster has been forwarded to the Developers

If chaff counter become a thing, i think it will interressing to do a report about missing loadout: 3xmagic R550 (one on the central hardpoint) instead of 1xR530+2xR550.

No, i can confirm that Mirage IIIE didn't have ACM radar mode on Dev-server.

What about the lack of performance? Didn't they take a look at that at all?

medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, IAmLordeYaYa said:

What about the lack of performance? Didn't they take a look at that at all?

My Bug Report for performance didn't get forwarded

This is the answer of Rapitor

All new addition to 2.4.0.31 have very basic FM (if they have their own at all).

The "feeling" that IIIC must not accelerate better than IIIE is not a valid position to defend anyway.

The data provided are not acceleration curve (well, except for take off, but that isn't helping much)

Since he confirmed that IIIE has a basic FM, i think it was not necessary (and data i provided was not good).

Personaly i will wait the release of the patch to see if they did some change. It will let more time to gather more document in case if it's needed.

But i have to admit my Bug Report was badly written.

Edited by Yukichi
medal medal medal

On 07/03/2021 at 14:35, Yukichi said:

My Bug Report for performance didn't get forwarded

This is the answer of Rapitor

Since he confirmed that IIIE has a basic FM, i think it was not necessary (and data i provided was not good).

Personaly i will wait the release of the patch to see if they did some change. It will let more time to gather more document in case if it's needed.

But i have to admit my Bug Report was badly written.

if you want the acceleration curve, you need to look at the australian manual on their Mirage IIIE on avialog (Mirage IIIO performance manuel)

there is everything there to test the acceleration of the Mirage IIIE, I'll probably test it when it will be live

medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Trotrodor said:

if you want the acceleration curve, you need to look at the australian manual on their Mirage IIIE on avialog (Mirage IIIO performance manuel)

there is everything there to test the acceleration of the Mirage IIIE, I'll probably test it when it will be live

Yes the document linked on the Bug Report was from Aviologs. On my side i check the document of Mirage IIIDE version, which is the spanish two seat version of the mirage IIIE

IIRC, IIIO, australian didn't use the same engine? Well i hope we will have enough document just in case.

medal medal medal

21 minutes ago, Yukichi said:

Yes the document linked on the Bug Report was from Aviologs. On my side i check the document of Mirage IIIDE version, which is the spanish two seat version of the mirage IIIE

IIRC, IIIO, australian didn't use the same engine? Well i hope we will have enough document just in case.

Yes the Australian used the Atar 9C

medal medal medal medal medal