Anybody using the Oculus Quest 2?

I've been wanting to get into VR for a long time, but have been waiting for the technology to get better, and cheaper.
A buddy of mine recently got a Quest 2 and seems to like it pretty well. He hasn't used it with his flight SIMs yet, but I know he plans to.
At $300, and being a self contained system for some games, and having inside-out tracking and Passthrough, it seems like a great and cheap way to get into VR.
I am much more likely to actually get serious about buying something at that price point, than the ones that are sometimes twice as expensive and more complicated.
That is, if it's good enough for what we want out of this game. 
My friend has been pleased with his VR experience so far in his Quest 2 with normal VR titles, so I expect that is a good sign.

So has anybody been using this headset for flight sims? Specifically WT, obviously.
Any comments about it would be appreciated. Good, bad, or indifferent.

Edited by bearchills
medal medal

i had it.  picture quality is good enough to fly. u can read instruments well and such. my experience is from IL 2.

i had usb 2.0 cable only so had like 45fps lol.

the reason i returned it was that the basic headtsrap is not very well suited for flight sims where u have to look up (or up and behind u) for a long time.  like in a dogfight. It felt like the headset would fall off my head. i had to wear the strap so tight that it made me uncomfortable in 10 minutes.

The elite strap would solve this but i did not feel like spending 100e for it.

Edited by Mollotin
  • Thanks 1
medal

7 hours ago, Mollotin said:

i had it.

What do you use now? 

The more I started looking it up, the more I realized similar theme in people's opinions. General consensus seems to be that they cheaped out in multiple areas to keep the price down. A big one is, as you said, the strap sucks. So that's one upgrade you need to buy that right off the bat. 

Was it too heavy feeling? 

It's really a shame. I liked the idea of a standalone headset that could have self contained games, take with you places, and connect to your PC for other games. I think I read somewhere that the controllers sensors weren't as good as older versions too. 

I also absolutely hate the fact that you need to be logged into facebook or whatever. They are getting out of control, and absolutely shouldn't be integrated into a VR system by default. I don't want fb to be related to my VR experience in any way. 

medal medal

i use flat screen now.

so no vr for me.

i have tried original hp reverb and quest 2.

reverb was too expensive and for me there were 2 downsides in quest 2. one was the strap. other was that it did not fit my nose area perfectly so i was able to see some light at the bottom my vision. solved it with some tape so easy fix. it did not feel too heavy. 

one more thing. this is more related to IL 2. if u compare quest 2 to flat monitor the planes felt less colorfull and they were harder to see against ground (forest or similar background) this is issue as  it affects gameplay directly. ( mind u i only tested it in IL 2 and not WT. )

its not bad headset by any means. just not comfortable enough for me.

there is possibility to go wireless with pc games but i did not manage to set it up that way cause i was unable to buy stuff from oculus store.

i dont mind the FB thing, i already have an account anyway.

edit: didnt do much testing with controllers. couple hours of beat sabre and superhot. they felt good.

Edited by Mollotin
  • Upvote 1
medal