Need A-7 Help/Guidance for EC Please

I've had the A-7 for a little while and I've only been able to take off from a landing strip in EC a couple times. It seems that the plane is to heavy to take off the runway, it has no lift. I've tried takeoff to full flaps, minimal fuel, and nothing seems to work unless I have a fairly level area to off-road after the runway for awhile to gain speed and finally take off. 

What am I doing wrong? WHat do you all do to take off with a full load ? Is this an issue with the FM ?

Thank you in advance for any/all help :salute:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Mighty_Mouse said:

I've had the A-7 for a little while and I've only been able to take off from a landing strip in EC a couple times. It seems that the plane is to heavy to take off the runway, it has no lift. I've tried takeoff to full flaps, minimal fuel, and nothing seems to work unless I have a fairly level area to off-road after the runway for awhile to gain speed and finally take off. 

What am I doing wrong? WHat do you all do to take off with a full load ? Is this an issue with the FM ?

Thank you in advance for any/all help :salute:

The only map I can imagine this happening on is Afghanistan

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

If the plane doesn't have performance mods it will struggle to takeoff but it is doable with the 250lbs bomb load if you have an airfield where there's a dropoff after the end of the runway (most do have this) . Use this technique to get off the ground, it will work on most maps except for Afghanistan:
1. Start the engine and hold the brakes while throttling up to 100%, set combat flaps. Use manual control SAS mode, not dampening. 

2. Wait until the engine temperature reaches around 700c, or close to max temp/rpm

3. Let go of the brakes and accelerate, once you get some speed set takeoff flaps.

4. Once you reach the end of the runway, set landing flaps and pull the stick all the way back and hold it there.

5. Once you go off the hill at the end of the airfield, keep holding the stick all the way back, the plane will initially sink but that will give you just enough speed to start climbing, at this point put the gear up and once you are clear of the trees put the flaps to takeoff and ease off the stick, at this point you should engage SAS Dampening Mode and leave it on for the rest of the flight.

6. Accelerate in the shallowest possible climb to avoid any obstacles, start retracting the flaps to combat then up once you have enough speed and climb at no less than 450km/h (250 KIAS). 

Once you have the performance mods you will also unlock more heavy bombloads so the procedure remains the same. 

The plane has a hard time slowing down to land because you can not use airbrakes with the gear down, so to slow down quickly do as follows:

1. Throttle Idle and Airbrakes out

2. Pull some G's to get to your flaps deployment speeds and continue slowing down until you have full flaps out.

3. Lineup with the runway and keep the gear up until you are on short final or you are getting too slow and need the airbrakes to retract. 
4. With the gear down the airplane will have a lot less drag since the airbrake will retract automatically, so make sure you are not coming in too steep. You can use an approach speed of around 300km/h and comfortably touchdown around 250, since you have no chute you should retract the flaps, apply the brakes and pull the stick all the way back to make sure there is firm contact with the runway so that your brakes will be more effective. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Anyone have the maverick missile and know how to use them or what buttons you need to use?

Using Maverick is easy in theory, but very uncomfortable with HOTAS and Corsair's questionable FM (at least for me).

You need three buttons: switch view (to change to Mav camera), A-G missile lock (you can probably even live without this button) and Weapon release (or A-G missile launch)

medal medal medal medal

Ok, I'll give it a try again.  Do you fly in VR?  If so there is also a green box in the HUD that follows your hear movement, almost like a targeting box for the camera.  Dose this actually do anything?  I only notice it when I have mavericks loaded up.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal