Nerf the P-47D in Ground RB

3 hours ago, warrior412 said:

It's not a "pro player move," it's just not anything that actually happens like that.

Even at the most distant ranges where guns like the P-47's 12.7mms can be used at, SPAAs' guns are still more effective and more likely to get fatal hits in (especially a great sprayer like the Wirbelwind). You must fly toward the enemy to engage him; when you fire your guns at him and at the ranges where you can, he can engage you too.

It is just something that is easy to do but You need to know what You are doing.

Crew of wirbel is open to shells that can come from any distance and are easy to kill :good:

• It is a myth that aircraft can engage SPAAs from any direction--commonly terrain features and/or cover prevent this

It works both sides You know? And again, there is always a place where You can land You shell at the enemy. There is no place at the map where aircraft won't be able to place a bomb at You or shot You with MG

• Aircraft must fly toward the target at some point for some amount of time to attack the target (exact measurements vary)

And I have never said otheriwse, what I have said is that You can shot shells at the enemy and then change Your course while he is shooting at You :good:

I can explain all of these things to you in more detail via PM if you'd like--but I don't care to clutter the thread trying to help you here. 

You don't have to explain anything because I have never said otherwise, but I see that You fail to understand many aspects that make planes great in this game. If You want some more pro tips, I would be glad to tell You how to improve Your gameplay :good:.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

It is just something that is easy to do but You need to know what You are doing.

Crew of wirbel is open to shells that can come from any distance and are easy to kill :good:

I fully understand what’s done—it’s why I say what I have.

As for the Wirbelwind’s crew...again I must correct you: they are in a wrap around turret that guards them at most angles except near vertical angles. That turret shields them from rifle calibre fire and even 12.7s at distance, meaning the crewmen are not particularly vulnerable (like M19s’ guys) either.

By the time your aircraft can target an SPAA, the SPAA can target you.

It works both sides You know? And again, there is always a place where You can land You shell at the enemy. There is no place at the map where aircraft won't be able to place a bomb at You or shot You with MG

Tunnels exist and often times the surroundings make things extremely difficult for aircraft and relatively easy for GFs due to the inability of aircraft to stop and change direction as GFs can.

It generally takes considerably more skill for someone trying to target such hiding spots to succeed than those firing out of them.

And I have never said otheriwse, what I have said is that You can shot shells at the enemy and then change Your course while he is shooting at You :good:

Yeah that’s great and all...but a competent SPAA player will make that shooting time the time when he shoots at you. (As I said before, it’s a pretty common tactic for SPAAs to deliberately wait for attacks and then turn toward their attackers at the last second.)

You don't have to explain anything because I have never said otherwise, but I see that You fail to understand many aspects that make planes great in this game.

If You want some more pro tips, I would be glad to tell You how to improve Your gameplay :good:.

Nope, I simply understand what’s real and practical as opposed to unrealistic and theoretical. My understanding is excellent—and better than most, though I do not mean to boast.

On “pro tips” and improving my game play...lmao. When I need some help getting ULQ set and bushes in position, I’ll definitely holler for your expertise. :lol2:

Until then, I’ll be keeping on going just fine—thanks anyway.:good:

33 minutes ago, Privat_Moritz said:

I think your 2 party discussion ( @ULQ_LOVER @warrior412) goes nowhere.

I would agree generally, but I do think it’s for the that I point out incorrect things like the Wirbelwind bit above.

As I said, this is more of a PM matter.

Edited by warrior412
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Every nation suffers from CAS, while the USA has aircraft with high volumes of bombs and rockets, Germany has a plethora of vehicles with nasty cannons. Don't forget the 335 B2 that can accomodate bombs alongside the traditional cannon loadout. I'd say they balance out. Either way, dying to CAS can be a letdown.

medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I fully understand what’s done—it’s why I say what I have.

As for the Wirbelwind’s crew...again I must correct you: they are in a wrap around turret that guards them at most angles except near vertical angles. That turret shields them from rifle calibre fire and even 12.7s at distance, meaning the crewmen are not particularly vulnerable (like M19s’ guys) either.

By the time your aircraft can target an SPAA, the SPAA can target you.

Turret that has less armor than 12,7 can pen at distances You will be fighting it :good:

Tunnels exist and often times the surroundings make things extremely difficult for aircraft and relatively easy for GFs due to the inability of aircraft to stop and change direction as GFs can.

It generally takes considerably more skill for someone trying to target such hiding spots to succeed than those firing out of them.

And you can place bomb or shot the enemy hiding in the tunnel without any problem with your aircraft 

Yeah that’s great and all...but a competent SPAA player will make that shooting time the time when he shoots at you. (As I said before, it’s a pretty common tactic for SPAAs to deliberately wait for attacks and then turn toward their attackers at the last second.)

And a competent Plane player will avoid all shots from SPAA or just wait for the right moment to attack him :good:

Nope, I simply understand what’s real and practical as opposed to unrealistic and theoretical. 

What's real and practical is what I say because I base what I say now at what I can do in game and what I have done, and that is to say from someone who is a tanker not a plane player. 

As I said, this is more of a PM matter.

You can write to me on PM whenever You want. If You respond here then I will do the same 

Edited by ULQ_LOVER

5 hours ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Turret that has less armor than 12,7 can pen at distances You will be fighting it

First you say shoot at long distance, now you say at close range. :facepalm:

And you can place bomb or shot the enemy hiding in the tunnel without any problem with your aircraft 

It sounds nice in theory, but there’s far, far more to it than that.

And a competent Plane player will avoid all shots from SPAA or just wait for the right moment to attack him 

Yeah...and then as the aircraft finally tries to sneak up the SPAA quickly turns and shoots.

SPAAs have great reactive capability.

What's real and practical is what I say because I base what I say now at what I can do in game and what I have done, and that is to say from someone who is a tanker not a plane player. 

What you are saying sounds very abnormal and out there—like your experiences were simply ones against lackluster SPAA players who enabled the unlikely feats.

Also, GFs 12.7mm belts differ from AF 12.7mm belts.

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

First you say shoot at long distance, now you say at close range. :facepalm:

Cite me where does it say close range :lol2:

6 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

It sounds nice in theory, but there’s far, far more to it than that.

It's not a theory, it is a fact

Yeah...and then as the aircraft finally tries to sneak up the SPAA quickly turns and shoots.

SPAAs have great reactive capability.

If you allow that then it just means that You haven't sneak up on him :good:

What you are saying sounds very abnormal and out there—like your experiences were simply ones against lackluster SPAA players who enabled the unlikely feats.

Also, GFs 12.7mm belts differ from AF 12.7mm belts.

Oh yes, sorry that my expierience and many better aircraft players is far beyound Yours :good:

Also I know that :lol2:

52 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Cite me where does it say close range

You didn’t say it verbatim, but to do what you said (penetrating the turret armor), you’d have to be closer than merely spraying at random.

So yeah, you referenced close range engagement.

If you allow that then it just means that You haven't sneak up on him

lmao, yeah—not being able to sneak up on the SPAA who can see aircraft from miles away and engage the aircraft on only a few seconds’ notice is the airplane user’s fault. Suuuuurrrre:016:

All you’ve actually conceded is that “sneaking up” is not at all easy.

Oh yes, sorry that my expierience and many better aircraft players is far beyound Yours :good:

Also I know that :lol2:

Based on your comments, your experience appears to have been largely against lackluster players, as the ideas you describe aren’t really feasible nor reliable against good players who understand how to use their SPAAs.

I suppose that is why you are so confused about this—succeeding against those poor performers doesn’t really mean anything, much as you might think it does. It’s kind of like you’re bragging about stealing candy from a baby—it’s not a big feat to boast about.

As for the difference in belts, if you know they’re different you ought to also know that further limits the utility of the belts for things like the P-47 to do what you claim. It’s simply not how you claim it to be.

Edited by warrior412

46 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

You didn’t say it verbatim, but to do what you said (penetrating the turret armor), you’d have to be closer than merely spraying at random.

So yeah, you referenced close range engagement.

Please don't twist my words.

If You are going to attack from angle and the distance, You will be able to kill his crew without the need to pen his turret armor. And then, if You will be at "close range" at about 500m You will be able to pen his turret armor :good:.

49 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

lmao, yeah—not being able to sneak up on the SPAA who can see aircraft from miles away and engage the aircraft on only a few seconds’ notice is the airplane user’s fault. Suuuuurrrre:016:

All you’ve actually conceded is that “sneaking up” is not at all easy.

Because what player does is look at air spawn all the time, Suuuuuuurreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :016:

And again, player don't have to think about other 15 more players that are in the air all on the ground, Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :016:

All You are saying is that SPAA player is only looking at the sky, moving all the time from cover to another without losing his sight of the air spawn and being protected from any other ground unit or plane :lol2:

51 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Based on your comments, your experience appears to have been largely against lackluster players, as the ideas you describe aren’t really feasible nor reliable against good players who understand how to use their SPAAs.

Oh yes, like it was with being and not being uptiered that I provided data showing that what were You saying was false? 

The ideas You describe aren't really feasible nor reliable against good players who understand how to use their Plane ;) 

52 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I suppose that is why you are so confused about this—succeeding against those poor performers doesn’t really mean anything, much as you might think it does. It’s kind of like you’re bragging about stealing candy from a baby—it’s not a big feat to boast about.

Like really the only thing You can come up with is that I haven't played against anyone good :lol2:

53 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

As for the difference in belts, if you know they’re different you ought to also know that further limits the utility of the belts for things like the P-47 to do what you claim. It’s simply not how you claim it to be.

As for the 39k battles that You have played, You should have known that by attacking at certain angle Your bullets would hit the crew of the wirbel turret without the need of penning his armor, but I see that You don't really know what You are talking about here, because the angle for a bullet to hit and kill the gunner is like that:

2131971664_shot2021_03_0221_22_27.thumb.

And from what I can say, that You will always attack from bigger angle where armor on the turret won't be on the line of the bullet :good:

8 hours ago, warrior412 said:

Only useless players try to strafe SPAA unless it is targeting something else.  Main fault of SPAA: easy to avoid if not near the target.  But still it costs 1/6 as much as interceptor.

As for OP, P-47 is worst performing plane at low altitude.  Shooting these is SL on a conveyor belt.

Edited by Sertica
medal

12 minutes ago, Sertica said:

Only useless players try to strafe SPAA unless it is targeting something else.  Main fault of SPAA: easy to avoid if not near the target.  But still it costs 1/6 as much as interceptor.

Indeed, it is not advisable to try going after SPAAs when they’re actively engaging you. My point has only been that SPAAs can react more quickly than aircraft generally when surprised or feigning ignorance thanks to their high traverse speeds and mobility.

The cost disparity does help SPAAs out greatly too.

————————

56 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

All You are saying is that SPAA player is only looking at the sky, moving all the time from cover to another without losing his sight of the air spawn and being protected from any other ground unit or plane :lol2:

I never said that—but nice try at misrepresentation.

All I said was that an aware SPAA could see aircraft miles away, which is correct. I never said anything about protection, let alone guaranteeing it.

58 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Oh yes, like it was with being and not being uptiered that I provided data showing that what were You saying was false? 

Testing it myself the results differed, demonstrating your absolutist claims were wrong. My comments were vindicated.

50 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Like really the only thing You can come up with is that I haven't played against anyone good :lol2:

If you think what you say is anything close to being normal, your foes must be of subpar quality.

I see that You don't really know what You are talking about here, because the angle for a bullet to hit and kill the gunner is like that:

2131971664_shot2021_03_0221_22_27.thumb.

And from what I can say, that You will always attack from bigger angle where armor on the turret won't be on the line of the bullet

Again, you presume too much and think in very theoretical terms—rather than looking at how things actually play out in actual gameplay. The test range on Kursk is very different from most maps.

The only thing that surprises me about your ULQ image there is that your Wirbelwind isn’t festooned with bushes. :lol2:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I never said that—but nice try at misrepresentation.

All I said was that an aware SPAA could see aircraft miles away, which is correct. I never said anything about protection, let alone guaranteeing it.

Yes, aware SPAA can see aircraft miles away especially when trees are in a way of the airspawn :lol2:

7 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Testing it myself the results differed, demonstrating your absolutist claims were wrong. My comments were vindicated.

Oh sadly You haven't provided full data :016:.

8 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

If you think what you say is anything close to being normal, your foes must be of subpar quality.

Oh yes, what I always face is not normal and game is always on my side :016:

9 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Again, you presume too much and think in very theoretical terms—rather than looking at how things actually play out in actual gameplay. The test range on Kursk is very different from most maps.

What theoretical terms? The angle where You have to shot at wirbel to kill his gunner?

3 hours ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Yes, aware SPAA can see aircraft miles away especially when trees are in a way of the airspawn :lol2:

Trees and airspawns don’t mix, you’re just trying to excuse away clueless SPAA players.

3 hours ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Oh yes, what I always face is not normal and game is always on my side :016:

That’s not what was said, it’s just more misrepresentation.

You’re greatly mistaken and visibly so—I’ll leave it at that. Contact me in the PMs if you’d like me to explain to you where you went so wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Trees and airspawns don’t mix, you’re just trying to excuse away clueless SPAA players.

Trees was just an example, we can talk about hills and builidings :good:

That’s not what was said, it’s just more misrepresentation.

It is mostly about what You have said :good:

You’re greatly mistaken and visibly so—I’ll leave it at that. Contact me in the PMs if you’d like me to explain to you where you went so wrong.

If You want to learn how to play the plane in a good way that SPAA won't kill You, You can contact me in the PMs ;)

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Trees was just an example, we can talk about hills and builidings :good:

Yeah...people can see around those also if they move to do so. It amazes me that you think SPAA players are so passive and inert that they'll be wholly oblivious to their surroundings and foes.

A P-47 is something that'll be able to be seen miles away. People who don't understand that are people who are either brand new or oblivious to how RB GFs works.

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

If You want to learn how to play the plane in a good way that SPAA won't kill You, You can contact me in the PMs

Based on your comments, you don't even understand how these engagements work--how can you possibly teach anyone else? :facepalm:

Edited by warrior412

Just now, warrior412 said:

Yeah...people can see around those also if they move to do so. It amazes me that you think SPAA players are so passive and inert that they'll be wholly oblivious to their surroundings and foes.

A P-47 is something that'll be able to be seen miles away. People who don't understand that are people who are either brand new or oblivious to how RB GFs works.

It amazes me that You think that all SPAA players just sit at their spawn looking at the air spawn of the enemy planes, or move around to just look at the sky all the time while other players won't hurt or attack them.

Someone who thinks that is doesn't understand the game or is just new to it :good:

2 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Your comments have already shown you don't even understand how these engagements work--there's nothing I can learn from you about them when you don't even understand them for yourself. :facepalm:

Funny thing I provided many times evidence that back up my claims while You are only saying things without any evidence at all :good:

28 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

It amazes me that You think that all SPAA players just sit at their spawn looking at the air spawn of the enemy planes, or move around to just look at the sky all the time while other players won't hurt or attack them.

What I actually said was aircraft are commonly visible long before getting over the battlefield, making them rather easy to spot for anyone vaguely aware of their surroundings. I never said anything suggesting SPAA players could "just look at sky all the time" without facing harm.

Stop making things up and just be honest--it's better that way.

28 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Funny thing I provided many times evidence that back up my claims while You are only saying things without any evidence at all

Incorrect. All you've really done is talk as though triumphs over unaware SPAA players not playing their vehicles right are something major--they aren't. In the meantime, I've pointed out the fact that SPAAs have the same opportunity to attack aircraft as vice versa (at the time when the aircraft tries to attack).

I have pointed out the relevant facts and the evidence has backed what I have said--though I understand you're confused by it now, I'm sure you'll understand all of this sooner or later (but please stop bloating the thread with these tangents like this talk of SPAAs having no way to harm vehicles flying right into their sights (literally)).

Edited by warrior412

4 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

What I actually said was aircraft are commonly visible long before getting over the battlefield, making them rather easy to spot for anyone vaguely aware of their surroundings. I never said anything suggesting SPAA players could "just look at sky all the time" without facing harm.

Stop making things up and just be honest--it's better that way.

I'm not making things up, it is just a simple logic and understanding of how the game goes and works :good:

Incorrect. All you've really done is talk as though triumphs over unaware SPAA players not playing their vehicles right are something major--they aren't. In the meantime, I've pointed out the fact that SPAAs have the same opportunity to attack aircraft as vice versa (at the time when the aircraft tries to attack).

Do You want another videos where I'm able to destroy SPAA's or You can already call their players "bad" and move on? Because there probably won't be any evidence that will be enough for You at this point :lol2:

I have pointed out the relevant facts and the evidence has backed what I have said

You haven't provided any evidence besides Your own words. 

Edited by ULQ_LOVER

1 minute ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I'm not making things up, it is just a simple logic and understanding of how the game goes and works :good:

Your view is simple but not accurate. Although you claim it to be the case, not all players are so oblivious as to reliably miss incoming enemy aircraft like P-47s (or anything else) when such adversaries can be seen coming from miles away. Your understanding is deeply mistaken and I encourage you to reconsider your thinking so that you may see the actuality of things.

5 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Do You want another videos where I'm able to destroy SPAA's or You can already call their players "bad" and move on? Because there probably won't be any evidence that will be enough for You at this point

I have looked at the evidence, fairly and justly--it just isn't compelling.

For instance, here's an old video that you've tried to say proves "SPAAs are bad" because you managed to kill two SPAAs:

Spoiler

Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne here were a bumbling pair and they paid for it.

In actuality, you managed to kill those two SPAAs because the SPAA players missed their shots and unwisely grouped up, making themselves extremely vulnerable to an attack (which you delivered). I discounted this "evidence" as a matter of poor SPAA usage ("bad players") because that's what it was.

16 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

You haven't provided any evidence besides Your own words. 

I've just told it like it is.

Now, enough with the tangents. :good:

7 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Your view is simple but not accurate. Although you claim it to be the case, not all players are so oblivious as to reliably miss incoming enemy aircraft like P-47s (or anything else) when such adversaries can be seen coming from miles away. Your understanding is deeply mistaken and I encourage you to reconsider your thinking so that you may see the actuality of things.

Do You want me to provide videos that show how P-47 kills SPAAs?

My understanding is fine, and thanks for concern but You are the one who needs to understand how a big advantage plane have over all ground units.

9 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I've just told it like it is.

And I have said it like it is :good:

1 minute ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Do You want me to provide videos that show how P-47 kills SPAAs?

Videos showing oblivious SPAA players dying as a result of their inattention are not needed.

People who understand how aircraft-SPAA engagements know an aircraft like the P-47 attacking an SPAA will be potentially vulnerable to attack by the same SPAA. (Obliviousness and a third party are all that can really stop an SPAA from trying to target such attackers.)

7 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

My understanding is fine, and thanks for concern but You are the one who needs to understand how a big advantage plane have over all ground units.

Lmao

-No first spawn usability

-No practical influence on objectives

-Complete imbalance eith repair mechanics

-Highest SP costs by type

-Lower cost effectiveness than tanks

Big advantages to be sure! :016:

AFs do not have the advantage over GFs in RB GFs—that is merely a myth based on anti-aircraft bias. (It’s also an unnecessary tangent here—stop with it.)

17 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Big advantages to be sure! :016:

AFs do not have the advantage over GFs in RB GFs—that is merely a myth based on anti-aircraft bias. (It’s also an unnecessary tangent here—stop with it.)

Lmao

- wiev of the whole battlefield

- ability to destroy any tank without a chance for him to defend against it

- ability to leave the vechicle without death/SL penalty

17 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

-No first spawn usability

-No practical influence on objectives

-Complete imbalance eith repair mechanics

-Highest SP costs by type

-Lower cost effectiveness than tanks

1. You can first spawn in a mode called Air 

2. You can destroy targets who want to get to the objective/kill enemy tanks on them and allow Your team to win

3. You can repair whole aircraft on the airport were You have and AI protecting You

4. You can first spawn in a mode called Air mode

5. Planes can be used more effective depends on a type more than tanks 

Such a disadvantage and anti-aircraft bias :crying:

Please, if You want to learn more about how to be effective in an aircraft, You can talk to me on PM, I will be happe to tell You have to become as good as I'm and probably I will send You to much better players who are able to do much more than I do :good:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER

21 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Lmao

- wiev of the whole battlefield

- ability to destroy any tank without a chance for him to defend against it

- ability to leave the vechicle without death/SL penalty

• Vantage point =/= influence
    • To hear you tell it, teams 100% of aircraft should dominate...but they don't. Aircraft being able to have a bird's eye view just isn't all that influential, much as people like to pretend it is. It's nice to have but it doesn't mean the aircraft will actually kill anyone.
  • The tanker and his team decide whether or not they will be defenseless--the aircraft has nothing to do with it
  • Despawning as is is a scam...throwing away SP despite success, what a joke.
    • Aircraft and tanks both get ripped off on bail outs

1. You can first spawn in a mode called Air one RB GFs has no first spawn option for aircraft--at least you acknowledged that. RB AFs is irrelevant here, so this mention is just a concession.

2. You can destroy targets who want to get to the objective/kill enemy tanks on them and allow Your team to win Aircraft have no practical means to influence caps themselves. This is why teams full of aircraft generally lose.

3. You can repair whole aircraft on the airport were You have and AI protecting You Repair mechanics allow tanks with parts and FPE to survive from anything that that doesn't kill them anywhere they are; aircraft have to survive wounds, fly back to base and stick the landing and then still be in good enough shape to repair. The rubrics are completely different.

4. You can first spawn in a mode called Air mode There you go again...I suppose it's at least progress that you're deflecting rather than denying the reality behind what I said though.

5. Planes can be used more effective depends on a type more than tanks Aircraft have niche usages, but overall tanks have the edge.

Please, if You want to learn more about how to be effective in an aircraft, You can talk to me on PM, I will be happe to tell You have to become as good as I'm and probably I will send You to much better players who are able to do much more than I do :good:

Spoiler

1m8ZBJS.jpg

Cheesy ULQ and bush usage yet boasting now...lmao

The thread's seen enough of your tangents and I've had enough chuckles along the way--can you return to the specific topic here or just leave others to now?

Edited by warrior412

How strong an SPAA counter is depends on how strong the SPAA is. A wirbelwind will likely be more effective than an M19. When it comes to countering aircraft, SPAA is 50/50. In the end, the best counter to an aircraft is another aircraft.

medal medal medal

My standard gameplay this days is : cap , scout -> explode scout and fly . First Attacker and after i lost him i jump to Fighter .

1-3 Airkills evry match , BR range i play this days 3.7 - 5.7 and some 9.7 because of tiny maps ...

Yesterday i meet maybe 3 P47 ... 2x suizider and one guy try to fly around ... short time ...

P47 is a coffin for air patrol without cover ... evry P47 try a headone and 2/3 crashkill them self then .

It extrem easy to kill P47 if you fly , Spitfires , Su-6 , Yaks , 109  any japanese , P51

Edited by Haxburch
medal medal medal medal medal medal